OLine - Dungey | Syracusefan.com

OLine - Dungey

SU94

Starter
Feel badly for Dungey, in that he's enduring the growing pains of our Offensive Line, and by the time the unit become a true program asset (2019 in my estimation), he will have exhausted his eligibility and DeVito will reap the benefits.

Overall, I like the talent from our OLine, but they are still young and playing a bit uphill. That theme will flip in the next couple of years.

Feel badly for Dungey, in that he's enduring the growing pains of our Offensive Line, and by the time the unit become a true program asset (2019 in my estimation), he will have exhausted his eligibility and DeVito will reap the benefits.

Overall, I like the talent from our OLine, but they are still young and playing a bit uphill. That theme will flip in the next couple of years.
I think our pass blocking is doing well. He has had 4 and sometimes 5 sec to throw ball. U can't ask the line to do better than that. Gotta get rid of ball.

SU threw the ball 55 times against a talented DL and was sacked 3 times. Not bad for a young OL imo. I think the FSU secondary had a pretty solid coverage game.

I think our O-Line held up better than FSU's O-Line. The FSU kid seemed to take a ton more big hits in the pocket than ED. HIts when running are not necessarily on the O-Line

SU threw the ball 55 times against a talented DL and was sacked 3 times. Not bad for a young OL imo. I think the FSU secondary had a pretty solid coverage game.
Overall, I am encouraged by SU's OLine play, especially when taken in context with how we began the season. Good strides in pass protection. But, very little support in the running game (Miami game may be an aberration). I just think the fact we are essentially forced to use Dungey to prop up our ground game is what I am speaking to. Dungey picks up the slack for now, and when the OLine unit ultimately becomes an asset, he's done at SU.

Overall, I am encouraged by SU's OLine play, especially when taken in context with how we began the season. Good strides in pass protection. But, very little support in the running game (Miami game may be an aberration). I just think the fact we are essentially forced to use Dungey to prop up our ground game is what I am speaking to. Dungey picks up the slack for now, and when the OLine unit ultimately becomes an asset, he's done at SU.

Agreed somewhat. The OL has improved substantially over their level of play the first two games -- so hats off to them at the coaching staff for that. But there's a difference between being "good" and "good enough," and this unit is far from optimized.

Next year, we'll return four starters [Servais, Conway, Heckel, and Adams], add in two four star recruits [Sampson, White], and return someone who some viewed as the top player in the unit [Roberts] who's missed the year due to injury. Depth is improving, and I'd expect frosh like Servais / Heckel to be better as they spend more time in a collegiate S&C program, have game experience under their belts now, etc.

It isn't going to fully snap into place until next year at the earliest, but we've made strides at OL, and I expect this unit to continue to improve year over year for the next 2-3 seasons as a function of experience, improved depth, improved competition for PT, and an influx of better talent.

Both lines have showed substantial improvement week after week. O-Line is almost there now and with another year in S&C plus the return of Roberts and potential of redshirt and true freshmen should be a decided strength of the 2018 team.

D-Line has been arguably the biggest positive surprise on the team. REALLY struggled early but the emergence of Robinson and return of Coleman with Berry thrown is a fairly solid three man rotation. And Bear had arguably his best game Saturday, even if I was the other starting DT Slayton and ANYONE would make noise. Add an improving Williams and the rejuvenated Samuels and we have a solid three inside as well. Obviously need to build some depth but the seeds are there on both sides of the line.