Oliver from WVU responded to me!!!!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Oliver from WVU responded to me!!!!!!!!

gilardino

Starter
thanks for the e-mail and congratulations on a dominating victory for the Orangemen over my Mountaineers. Coach Marrone is doing a fine job of restoring the Syracuse football program and he and his staff should be lauded for their efforts.

You have a great university with a proud athletic tradition. I also believe that the academies are unique because of the extraordinary mission that they have in serving our country. If in fact the acadmies join our conference as football-only members I do believe it would be a positive for the Big East and for our football programs. And by no means do I mean any disrespect to Syracuse by stating that. You'll do very well in the ACC and I'm glad that President Cantor and AD Gross had the opportunity to make the move to the ACC.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season.

Oliver

this was my e-mail to him

Mr. Luck,

Seriously?? 49-23, seriously?? You lost to Syracuse football. When
you made your comments about Syracuse football a few week ago I

laughed, because I said to myself, we beat you last year 19-14 in
WVU!!!!! Then this?? You want Navy and Air Force., have them. I am
surprised someone in your stature and position would make negative
comments about another program. Take notes and act like Dr. Gross
from Syracuse.

Go Orange.

Regards

He's taken some and rightfully so, but really, I think that response speaks more to his character than some soundbite.

He's taken some **** and rightfully so, but really, I think that response speaks more to his character than some soundbite.

Ofcourse he :cc'd 132 other Cuse fans. :D

I really don't blame Luck for lashing out. Let's face it, Syracuse is in big east purgatory but wv is in big east hell.

He's taken some **** and rightfully so, but really, I think that response speaks more to his character than some soundbite.

I disagree, he's in a job in which one of the duties is public relations. He did his best to dress up the turd, but in the end he's still just trying to minimize the damage he did in saying something incredibly stupid in public. I will give him credit for at least recognizing he had to address it in some way and didn't crap on Air Force or Navy in the process of doing so.

He;s still an idiot. Just ask Sean McDonough. I hope WVU flounders for awhile with regard to conferences, Luck loses his job over it and his kid bombs in the NFL.

I saw Oliver on TV last night in watching Andrew play in Palo Alto against Washington. He probably had the trip planned, but it was good timing for him after the disaster he experienced Friday night.

At one point Matt Millen misspoke while calling a play and referred to Andrew Luck as Oliver Luck and Sean McDonough gave what sure sounded like a sarcastic "pah" when he heard Oliver's name.

Got verbatim the same response.

My original message:

For the sake of your football team, I hope you don't have Air Force or Navy on your future schedules. Someone could get seriously hurt.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

...okay...we got him...but from a standpoint of actually responding back...cudos to Luck...and I thought the note was well written...I do hope they get to the Big 12--then 'Cuse can say we beat that team twice in a row after WVU beats several of the better Big 12 teams

I saw Oliver on TV last night in watching Andrew play in Palo Alto against Washington. He probably had the trip planned, but it was good timing for him after the disaster he experienced Friday night.

He was already on the west coast prior to the whoopin wvu received Friday - game was a gimme so he didn't bother to attend