Ollie given keys to UConn's diminishing kingdom | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ollie given keys to UConn's diminishing kingdom

Whee! Let's just make things up!

Remember when Laurie Fine did the whole team?
Remember the landmark sanctions ruling from 1992?
Remember when the 2002 team was literally fighting each other?

See how easy this is? They're both great programs that have had mistakes off the court. Doesn't make SU or UConn fans bad people. This dumb crap on BOTH boards of just sniping aimlessly from a mount is amazing to me.

You never addressed my statement. How am I wrong bot?

I want to make sure we're clear: your position is that Kevin Ollie cannot get a top class because of the conference situation? Really?
Where did I say that? I think Ollie is a terrific recruiter. You said the selling points for UConn were the 3 national titles and the new practice facility, I think the 3 national titles is irrelevant as far as recruiting goes because Calhoun is no longer there. If you think recruiting will be as easy for Ollie now as it would be if they were in the ACC, you're insane.

He later clarified the comment. Which was widely reported. He hadn't read a leisure book start to finish in his life. Not hadn't read any book ever. You ever been to the area he grew up in? Libraries and English lit aren't really priorities. Getting food and hot water take precedent.
Nice

You ever been to the area he grew up in? Libraries and English lit aren't really priorities. Getting food and hot water take precedent.

So when Kembi was finished with practice for Rice, which incidentally is a good school with both an English Lit program and a library, he had to forego his studies and go home to hunt and forage and keep the campfire stoked for hot water? Truly an amazing story.

So when Kembi was finished with practice for Rice, which incidentally is a good school with both an English Lit program and a library, he had to forego his studies and go home to hunt and forage and keep the campfire stoked for hot water? Truly an amazing story.
Incredible that he even had time for basketball when the majority of his day was for finding basic living necessities. What a warrior.

Having the most state of the art practice facility for any sport isnt a distinguishable factor , IMO. They are simply necessities these days. Whether they cost 10M, 20M or 50M isnt really that big of a deal. In terms of bball recruiting, having a nice facility means a program will prob have a competitive advantage over the likes of DePaul, St. Joe's, UMass, Dayton...etc., but other factors are more meaningful.

And its amusing you cherry-picked Providence and Notre Dame. I would agree that not playing those programs any longer will have little to no impact on UConn's recruiting. However, not playing the teams you decided to leave out like Pitt, WVU, SU, Nova, UL and GTown will likely have an impact. UConn is going from one of the top 3 conferences in any given year (and often times #1) to something that will likely never scratch the top 4. Recruits seem to mention playing against the best moreso than they do the practice facilities.

Doc there are still SU fans on this board who don't think MCW was trying to trip the ref the other night. There are haters on both sides of the fence. You guys tend to congregate in a uconn thread once a week. Hi Marsh. Let's not pretend Cuse nation is the model for objective self assessment while your board is melting down after a one loss start because you didn't look sharp enough against Alcorn st. Jdubs has a boat right avatar from last year. I swear you guys would rather revel in your hope for uconns return to obscurity, we'll see, than root for your own boys.

So true. You guys are the best and we're just jealous. Tell us another Kemba story pleeeaase, like the one about how he had to fight wild tigers on his way home from grade school.

Where did I say that? I think Ollie is a terrific recruiter. You said the selling points for UConn were the 3 national titles and the new practice facility, I think the 3 national titles is irrelevant as far as recruiting goes because Calhoun is no longer there. If you think recruiting will be as easy for Ollie now as it would be if they were in the ACC, you're insane.

Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Okafor, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Ben Gordon.

Plus all the NBA relationships Ollie has.

Its not going to be easy, but UNLV did it. Memphis did it. Butler did it.

Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Okafor, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Ben Gordon.

Plus all the NBA relationships Ollie has.

Its not going to be easy, but UNLV did it. Memphis did it. Butler did it.

UNLV and Memphis, now there's a couple of respectable programs to want to be like. I guess when you're stuck in a crappy league, you almost have to be an outlaw program to make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom