Olympics | Syracusefan.com

Olympics

C

CuseSwag

Anyone know if Carmelo or Boeheim will be walking at the opening ceremonies?

I do know that listening to Matt Lauer is truly excruciating.

How much insipid crap can this guy come up with? Brutal.

these kids are not only great ballers but citizens too
551173_10151317046039616_484261653_n.jpg

I do know that listening to Matt Lauer is truly excruciating.

How much insipid crap can this guy come up with? Brutal.

NBC is just awful. This is a taped program and they can't match up the graphics/discussion with the country that's being shown on screen?

I'd love ESPN to get the Olympics, especially after seeing the amazing job they did with Wimbledon.

NBC is just awful. This is a taped program and they can't match up the graphics/discussion with the country that's being shown on screen?

I'd love ESPN to get the Olympics, especially after seeing the amazing job they did with Wimbledon.

Not a fan of the worldwide leader, but NBC's not stepping up here. And Today Show "talent" shouldn't be involved with this production.

Not a fan of the worldwide leader, but NBC's not stepping up here. And Today Show "talent" shouldn't be involved with this production.

I feel like I am watching a poor broadcast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. BTW, I love seeing all of these countries. I think some of them are made up.

I agree with the WWL - but after enduring the absolutely awful direction of CBS with the NCAA tournament (especially those overhead camera angles at really important parts of games) and this disaster for NBC it would have to come down to Fox or ESPN to try to not ruin the Olympics.

In fairness, Bob Costas is killing it.

Re: Kim Jong-Il's reported 11 hole in ones in a single round: 'Im sure the ones off the windmill and the clown's nose were especially impressive."

Re: Badminton: 'If you're looking for badminton coverage - and who isn't?'

I swear they let him booze before this, because he's like a honey badger tonight, and honey badger just don't care.

In fairness, Bob Costas is killing it.

Re: Kim Jong-Il's reported 11 hole in ones in a single round: 'Im sure the ones off the windmill and the clown's nose were especially impressive."

Re: Badminton: 'If you're looking for badminton coverage - and who isn't?'

I swear they let him booze before this, because he's like a honey badger tonight, and honey badger just don't care.
Costas needs more airtime.

Nothing beats CBC coverage of the Winter Olympics. They play everything LIVE, none of this tape delay BS that NBC pulls every four years because, God forbid, they pre-empt a Soap or Judge Judy. Not sure if they do it for the summer games, as Canada cares more about the winter sports, but seeing the events live in Canada beat the hell out of the golf course type coverage NBC devotes to the games. It's like they consider it a challenge to compress 14 hours of events into a 4 hour time slot, while throwing in a few live look- ins. Awful.

I agree with the WWL - but after enduring the absolutely awful direction of CBS with the NCAA tournament (especially those overhead camera angles at really important parts of games) and this disaster for NBC it would have to come down to Fox or ESPN to try to not ruin the Olympics.

Yeah, you've got a point there.

And Costas's line about Kim Jong-Il's holes in one had me rolling.

Nothing beats CBC coverage of the Winter Olympics. They play everything LIVE, none of this tape delay BS that NBC pulls every four years because, God forbid, they pre-empt a Soap or Judge Judy. Not sure if they do it for the summer games, as Canada cares more about the winter sports, but seeing the events live in Canada beat the hell out of the golf course type coverage NBC devotes to the games. It's like they consider it a challenge to compress 14 hours of events into a 4 hour time slot, while throwing in a few live look- ins. Awful.
Advertising at night is worth far more to the network than in the daytime.

I get wanting the big events to be in prime time. I just hate that websites will put results on their homepages.

London really messed up the ceremony. I really wish New York had won the bid for this year's Olympics.

Lol NBC is showing swimming qualifying tomorrow while the finals are actually happening. Unreal

Lol NBC is showing swimming qualifying tomorrow while the finals are actually happening. Unreal

Get used to it. If you want to be surprised about anything, stay away from all the other networks' web pages. They will have the results 2 days before NBC televises the events. Ridiculous.

BTW, will they be using all of their other networks to increase the probability of showing LIVE events?

Looks like NBC will be showing Olympic programming every weekday from 10 AM - 5 PM, Even with the 5 hour time difference, they'll be some live content. You won't get anything live from 7 PM - Midnight ... just the major events on delay.

NBCSports will be on the air at 4 AM everyday. MSNBC and Bravo start at 7 AM.

And I'm pretty sure that every event can be watched live on the internet.

I get wanting the big events to be in prime time. I just hate that websites will put results on their homepages.

London really messed up the ceremony. I really wish New York had won the bid for this year's Olympics.

You are joking --- RIGHT??

Looks like NBC will be showing Olympic programming every weekday from 10 AM - 5 PM, Even with the 5 hour time difference, they'll be some live content. You won't get anything live from 7 PM - Midnight ... just the major events on delay.

NBCSports will be on the air at 4 AM everyday. MSNBC and Bravo start at 7 AM.

And I'm pretty sure that every event can be watched live on the internet.

Thanks. That answered my question.

You are joking --- RIGHT??

About wanting the Olympics in New York or understanding why they want to maximize the audience when they bid billions of dollars for the games? I'm not kidding about either.

The world's greatest city should host an Olympics at some point.

The world's greatest city should host an Olympics at some point.

Rio has the games in 2016.

I'd expect to see a few "wardrobe malfunctions" during the ceremonies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom