Olympics | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Olympics

Didn't Costas get the memo that coaches aren't marching this year ... just to speed the ceremonies up.

S
About wanting the Olympics in New York or understanding why they want to maximize the audience when they bid billions of dollars for the games? I'm not kidding about either.

The world's greatest city should host an Olympics at some point.

Sometimes parochial walks right out there and stabs you in the shin.

good grief, anyone see the girl from Sri Lanka. holy crud.

I'm also loving the political education I am getting, kind of comical.

worst outfits ever we look French, and that's unacceptable.

is the queen even alive out there? btw this country exists because we thought it should.

worst outfits ever we look French, and that's unacceptable.

Like these guys in berets?

250px-US_Army_Green_Berets_DF-SD-02-02957.JPEG

About wanting the Olympics in New York or understanding why they want to maximize the audience when they bid billions of dollars for the games? I'm not kidding about either.

The world's greatest city should host an Olympics at some point.
So um... where in New York City are you building the stadiums and olympic village, etc. Not feasible, really.

Nothing beats CBC coverage of the Winter Olympics. They play everything LIVE, none of this tape delay BS that NBC pulls every four years because, God forbid, they pre-empt a Soap or Judge Judy. Not sure if they do it for the summer games, as Canada cares more about the winter sports, but seeing the events live in Canada beat the hell out of the golf course type coverage NBC devotes to the games. It's like they consider it a challenge to compress 14 hours of events into a 4 hour time slot, while throwing in a few live look- ins. Awful.
CBC had the whole opening ceremony live today. So much better than NBC too. I watched most of it on both networks and I think NBC had an abridged version of the athletes walking in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rio has the games in 2016.

I'd expect to see a few "wardrobe malfunctions" during the ceremonies.

I would also expect them to build a few more prisons and perform a massive police sweep of the city and beaches well before the games. Those gangs of young street kids who assault and steal from tourists would put quite a damper on the games. They'll lock all those Lords of the Flies up for the month and then release them back to the streets.

NBC is terrible, they launched the NBC sports network and can only play costas reruns and the tour de France. You would think they would try to create a highlight show or some new content but they haven't which is unbelievable!

In fairness, Bob Costas is killing it.

Re: Kim Jong-Il's reported 11 hole in ones in a single round: 'Im sure the ones off the windmill and the clown's nose were especially impressive."

Re: Badminton: 'If you're looking for badminton coverage - and who isn't?'

I swear they let him booze before this, because he's like a honey badger tonight, and honey badger just don't care.

I LOVE Bob Costas. He's simply the gold standard of sports broadcasting in terms of being intelligent, articulate and witty.

"The Central African Republic consists of 80 different ethnicities each with their own language. This has to make subtitles at the movies quite the undertaking."

And then, arguably the funniest line in movie history in Baseketball,
Al Michaels: "I don't think I've ever been this excited!"
Costas: "YOU'RE excited?! Feel these nipples!"

So um... where in New York City are you building the stadiums and olympic village, etc. Not feasible, really.

NYC was one of the finalists for the 2012 Olympics.

I don't think we would have gotten it regardless, but when the Jets stadium proposal died, so did the bid.

I LOVE Bob Costas. He's simply the gold standard of sports broadcasting in terms of being intelligent, articulate and witty.

"The Central African Republic consists of 80 different ethnicities each with their own language. This has to make subtitles at the movies quite the undertaking."

And then, arguably the funniest line in movie history in Baseketball,
Al Michaels: "I don't think I've ever been this excited!"
Costas: "YOU'RE excited?! Feel these nipples!"
He had a great guest appearance on Monk once, too. His bit about the psychotic cat that tried to kill him was fantastic in that episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom