"OMG did we seriously just win that?" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"OMG did we seriously just win that?"

2004 Pitt. Most of the dome left. I didn't and was treated to one of the best defensive stands I had ever witnessed at that time. Didn't realize Iowa was about to out do us a year or two later

Still the most unexpected of What wins for Syracuse. I was there and still can't believe it happened.

I'd give honorable mention to the "Sombrero Game" of 2004. BC fans showed up in Sombreros to celebrate their Fiesta Bowl invitation (first ever). Syracuse took the opening play and never looked back. That was beyond unexpected based on how Syracuse choked to Temple and blew any chance at a Big East title.
I'm sorta freaking out here. I thought this was the last year of BC in the Big East wasn't it? The Diamond Ferri game? That wasn't at the Dome? We didn't chant ACC over and over as we watched those backstabbers leave the dome and never come back? I'm having one of those BerenstEin bears moments right now. Berenstain my arse.

Still the most unexpected of What wins for Syracuse. I was there and still can't believe it happened.

I'd give honorable mention to the "Sombrero Game" of 2004. BC fans showed up in Sombreros to celebrate their Fiesta Bowl invitation (first ever). Syracuse took the opening play and never looked back. That was beyond unexpected based on how Syracuse choked to Temple and blew any chance at a Big East title.
Art Jones dominated ND, if I remember right

The win at Louisville by the GRob led Andrew Robinson team in 2007 - they were 37.5 road dogs and won 38-35. One of the largest upsets in history.

This article is from 2019 but at the time #3 on the list.

Last edited:
Opposite side of the ledger but the grob up-the-gut again and again loss to Illinois is my “omg did we seriously NOT win that?!?!”

Iowa

what was so shocking about that win? Seems like an odd choice.
I remember being down double figures in that game and feeling like it was basically a road game. But it all came together towards the end and we pulled it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom