On a bright note | Syracusefan.com

On a bright note

OttoMets

Living Legend
The Dome ribbon boards are completely installed along the third-deck facade, as are a couple supplementary displays on the second-deck facade (in the corners).

Installation of big end zone scoreboards is in progress, they are in pieces on the TV deck and on the Dome floor. Building's looking good.

Any photos of them in action? I may try to swing by the dome today to take a look.

Any photos of them in action? I may try to swing by the dome today to take a look.

They were off yesterday (and the glare was such that I couldn't get a good photo). Worth stopping by this afternoon - it's been pretty quiet up there. The Q1 lot has been reopened, too.

I never understood why they got rid of the Dome Cam. This would have been a great time to link in and see the work in progress.

They were off yesterday (and the glare was such that I couldn't get a good photo). Worth stopping by this afternoon - it's been pretty quiet up there. The Q1 lot has been reopened, too.

Good news glad to see SU is making some much needed improvements.

I never understood why they got rid of the Dome Cam. This would have been a great time to link in and see the work in progress.

They should get rid of pomco kiss-cam... annoying

Ditto; I think that was operational for the 2003 installation of the postage-stamp video boards. I imagine coaches' desire for privacy led to the camera's demise. But it was a neat amenity.

They should get rid of pomco kiss-cam... annoying

Agreed, half the time the people they choose dont even realize there on the cam and it makes the dome crowd look like idiots.

The kiss cam is great - highly entertaining.

Funniest KissCam moment ever-

KissCam hovers over a pretty large slovenly looking dude and his equally gross wife. In the periphery to the guy's right (camera's left) was a very attractive 20ish looking co-ed who unluckily happened to be sitting next to the guy. Well instead of turning to kiss his wildebeest wife, he turns towards the co-ed who saw her fate coming on the KissCam and who backpedaled and scrambled off her seat as fast as possible. It got funnier when he turned back to his wife and she had the biggest stink eye look on her face I've ever seen. I wish it stayed on them a few more seconds to see what happened after. It made losing to UConn almost palatable.

The kiss cam is great - highly entertaining.

to each his own I guess. I find it consistently annoying. Takes away from what little game atmosphere we have... Oh, and while I am bitching... I never want to hear Cotton Eye'd Joe ever again...

to each his own I guess. I find it consistently annoying. Takes away from what little game atmosphere we have... Oh, and while I am bitching... I never want to hear Cotton Eye'd Joe ever again...

We're talking during timeouts or reviews of plays dude...It kills the time that I'm impatiently waiting for play to resume.

Good. Can't wait to see it.

Also dying to see the new "entrance video" that was shot with Chandler, Freeney...etc. I want to see if they can manage the time correctly each week to play the entire thing before the team comes out. OR if it gets cut off in the middle a few times then they just abandon it after a few games like the last pre-game video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom