on the cusp | Syracusefan.com

on the cusp

moqui

generational talent
a good showing tomorrow and su should crack kenpom's top 40 for the first time this season. currently sitting at 41.

bc game put the team into the top 100 of offensive efficiency for the first time (sitting at exactly 100 right now).

Hard to believe that this team has a legitimate shot to make the NCAA tournament. I give the players a lot of credit. And Boeheim too. Still a long way to go and the team could crash and burn, especially with an injury to any of the players, but this season has exceeded the expectations of almost all of us.

Ive said this before and still strongly believe that it we make the NCAA’s, Boeheim should be coach of the year.

What games did SU win this year where you said, wow, that's a great win? Virginia Tech was a nice win (albeit against a team that has been a bit inconsistent), but other than that, any really great wins?

To me, we are right about where we should be.We haven't faced the meat of the conference schedule and the efforts against Wake and ND were awful.

What games did SU win this year where you said, wow, that's a great win? Virginia Tech was a nice win (albeit against a team that has been a bit inconsistent), but other than that, any really great wins?

To me, we are right about where we should be.We haven't faced the meat of the conference schedule and the efforts against Wake and ND were awful.

None. Because we’re not that good. Which is why I think Jimmy is coach of the year material if this squad makes the dance.

None. Because we’re not that good. Which is why I think Jimmy is coach of the year material if this squad makes the dance.
While I agree, Jay Will was promoting Tony Bennett this afternoon on PTI.

That’s fair. On paper, we looked like an 18-21 win regular season team. Not sure we are going to be too far off from that. Lot more season left.

One minute we’re meeting very modest expectations. Then we beat BC and suddenly we’re overachieving?

Come on Franco. I actually even agree with some of your thoughts. But it's hard to take you seriously when you have such an obvious agenda by having nothing good to say even when we're doing way better than what you expected. That shouldn't be that hard to understand.

I wonder what the tone around here will be if SU loses to Pitt today. We crushed them at home last year, but still lost at Pitt.

This season has 1 goal for me.
Have a winning season.
Anything after that is gravy and signs of a good to great job.
Nobody should really be upset with wins/losses this year.
The frustration for me all stems from being stagnation in areas around the program.
Not this season.
If this team makes the tournament it will be a tremendous job by the players and HC.

Those were horrible games, but could easily flip Maryland and Georgetown as losses. So we’ve stolen a couple and lost a couple head scratchers. We’re probably right about where we thought we’d be.

With defections and injuries and sanctions, I’m not sure we could have asked for much more out of this year. We just need to steal a couple road wins and a win against Miami/Duke/UNC/Virginia.

This season has 1 goal for me.
Have a winning season.
Anything after that is gravy and signs of a good to great job.
Nobody should really be upset with wins/losses this year.
The frustration for me all stems from being stagnation in areas around the program.
Not this season.
If this team makes the tournament it will be a tremendous job by the players and HC.

I think we’ll start seeing a return to normal next year.

This team is being stitched together with duct tape and we’ve been in every game except Kansas.

Ive said this before and still strongly believe that if we make the NCAA’s, Boeheim should be coach of the year.

I agree with this... no bench, little experience, and less talented than many teams that have been left out of the tournament (including last season). Getting this team in the NCAA tournament (if it happens) could be one of JB's best COACHING efforts.

We really need to make the tourney but being realistic we could lose a bunch of games in a row in the not so distant future

Come on Franco. I actually even agree with some of your thoughts. But it's hard to take you seriously when you have such an obvious agenda by having nothing good to say even when we're doing way better than what you expected. That shouldn't be that hard to understand.
I was merely pointing out the bipolar nature of this forum. All you have to do is read this place after a win v a loss. Either we’re counting the days to JBs retirement or he should be in running for coach of the year.

They’ve already crushed your expectations.
Bees, i think the average person here maybe spent 2 minutes putting together their predictions. Nobody really knows. What I find hilarious is that everyone seems to care about my numbers. The contest is glorified church hall bingo, minus the cash prize. Maybe several posters even have multiple aliases to boost their chances of winning.

Bees, i think the average person here maybe spent 2 minutes putting together their predictions. Nobody really knows. What I find hilarious is that everyone seems to care about my numbers. The contest is glorified church hall bingo, minus the cash prize. Maybe several posters even have multiple aliases to boost their chances of winning.
To be fair, your prediction for wins was more than 3 standard deviations below the mean. People remember things like that. Do they 'care'? Probably not. Do they remember? A lot of them do.

And nobody has multiple aliases.

It just would be nice if you would occasionally be around to celebrate the successes of the program. Like I said, I don't even disagree with you on some topics, but it gets old when you never have anything good to say. Not that hard to understand. And hey about your prediction, maybe laugh at yourself and act like you're happy we exceeded your expectations no matter how little time you spent thinking about it?

Ive said this before and still strongly believe that if we make the NCAA’s, Boeheim should be coach of the year.

I hear what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree.

Mike Hopkins has done more with less than JB has this year. He’s turned a single digit team to a potential 20 win team and beat Kansas in Kansas City. If he can beat Zona or Zona State next week at home he might just have Washington dancing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom