on the cusp | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

on the cusp

I'm not bashing him at all.

I know you're know not bashing him. My point is that "efficiency points" be damned, he is generating a ton of offense for us.

We still haven't beaten a real quality team yet. Lots of soft W's, but we're afloat and have plenty of opportunities ahead of us. Have to beat some tourney teams if we want to be one.

We still haven't beaten a real quality team yet. Lots of soft W's, but we're afloat and have plenty of opportunities ahead of us. Have to beat some tourney teams if we want to be one.

As of now, Buffalo is #25 in the RPI, so at least we have a quadrant 1 win.

What is a ‘real quality team’?

What is a ‘real quality team’?

Real-Madrid-FC-vector-logo.png

anyone who thinks that "well a win is a win " is deluded. yes it beats a loss but not all wins are created equal. playing pitt,BC and wake twice may seriously hamstring us come committee time. we have no outstanding top 25 wins. and they notice that stuff. it's all quadrants now.

anyone who thinks that "well a win is a win " is deluded. yes it beats a loss but not all wins are created equal. playing pitt,BC and wake twice may seriously hamstring us come committee time. we have no outstanding top 25 wins. and they notice that stuff. it's all quadrants now.
right and too bad we have no more games to play

I haven’t seen Washington much. Do they actually have less?

I know they were awful last year but they were also considered the most underachieving team in the country. Hop has seemingly done a great job of getting the most out of their team. Curious on how they stack up vs. SU from a talent, depth, and experience standpoint.

This is the SU team with the least depth and experience that I can remember and while their is some talent, a lot of it isn’t developed yet and we are very limited in how we can beat you IMO.

I was told that we have a very talented team over and over. Battle 5 star, Brissett is a 5 star if he was from the US, we have a one and doner in Marek, the Conneticut player of the year in Moyer and a junior point guard.

So because we lose to some bad teams and some short handed teams and beat Pitt a couple of times and BC we're discussing coach of the year?

This message board can be crazy sometimes.

I was told that we have a very talented team over and over. Battle 5 star, Brissett is a 5 star if he was from the US, we have a one and doner in Marek, the Conneticut player of the year in Moyer and a junior point guard.

So because we lose to some bad teams and some short handed teams and beat Pitt a couple of times and BC we're discussing coach of the year?

We have one, maybe two guys that would start on a typical Cuse team.

There’s plenty of talent and potential, they’re just not ready for prime time yet.

IF we make the dance(I personally don’t think we will) - then we significantly overachieved. I didn’t say anything about coach of the year because we beat Pitt or BC. We’ve gotta beat a lot more than Pitt and BC to make the dance.

We have one, maybe two guys that would start on a typical Cuse team.

There’s plenty of talent and potential, they’re just not ready for prime time yet.

IF we make the dance(I personally don’t think we will) - then we significantly overachieved. I didn’t say anything about coach of the year because we beat Pitt or BC. We’ve gotta beat a lot more than Pitt and BC to make the dance.

Hasn't Lunardi had us in almost all year and preseason?

Hasn't Lunardi had us in almost all year and preseason?

Not sure. I try to avoid him these days.

I’m just going on my eye test of our team and what a typical Cuse NCAA tourney team looks like and admittedly haven’t paid as much attention to the rest of the teams out there.

5-6 more wins to make the dance. I think we do it as we will be favored in about 6 more games.

As for Syracuse vs Washington I think outside of Washington having a seasoned post player in Dickerson there’s no doubt Syracuse has more talent. I think Hop has done a great job with a PG who’s more limited than Frank and three point shooting that’s worse than ours. I do think his Freshman shooting Guard Jaylen Nowell is almost as good as Battle. He’s definitely better than Battle was as a freshman. He’s more efficient and does other things besides score.

5-6 more wins to make the dance. I think we do it as we will be favored in about 6 more games.

As for Syracuse vs Washington I think outside of Washington having a seasoned post player in Dickerson there’s no doubt Syracuse has more talent. I think Hop has done a great job with a PG who’s more limited than Frank and three point shooting that’s worse than ours. I do think his Freshman shooting Guard Jaylen Nowell is almost as good as Battle. He’s definitely better than Battle was as a freshman. He’s more efficient and does other things besides score.

It would be an interesting matchup. I think Hop would beat us. He's sat next to JB for so long that he's going to know what his next step is consistently.

While we have more talent I think Hops getting the most out of eveey player on his roster.

Not sure. I try to avoid him these days.

I’m just going on my eye test of our team and what a typical Cuse NCAA tourney team looks like and admittedly haven’t paid as much attention to the rest of the teams out there.

College basketball is definitely down compared to past years. This board didn’t think Virginia was very good when we lost to them, but no doubt they are one of the two best teams in the country along with Villanova.

It would be an interesting matchup. I think Hop would beat us. He's sat next to JB for so long that he's going to know what his next step is consistently.

While we have more talent I think Hops getting the most out of eveey player on his roster.
Taking into account injuries and defections, I would have to say JB is getting the most out of everyone on the roster, save for maybe Washington.

Taking into account injuries and defections, I would have to say JB is getting the most out of everyone on the roster, save for maybe Washington.

Battles that bad of a shooter? Brissett is one of the worst shooters in the history of college basketball? Matthew Moyer is useless?

So our talent level is 5 points better than Pittsburghs and not as talented as a short handed WF, ND, Fla St, and mid major Bonaventure?

Get out of here.

Battles that bad of a shooter? Brissett is one of the worst shooters in the history of college basketball? Matthew Moyer is useless?

So our talent level is 5 points better than Pittsburghs and not as talented as a short handed WF, ND, Fla St, and mid major Bonaventure?

Get out of here.
Battle is the designated volume shooter on this team and one of only a few guys who is a 3-point threat and can create for himself. He is actually shooting a higher percentage in ACC play than in the non-conference, as he did last season; stay tuned.

Brissett is a freshman being asked to assume a large role on offense because of the lack of options. He isn't very efficient offensively most nights, but his 3-point shooting is improving.

Moyer is an energy guy whose strengths are defense and rebounding. His play was getting better and more consistent before he was injured.

Towards the end of the season I think we will need one really good away win to make the tournament. If we lose a bunch of games at the end of our season it will be a rough time to get into the tournament.

Battle is the designated volume shooter on this team and one of only a few guys who is a 3-point threat and can create for himself. He is actually shooting a higher percentage in ACC play than in the non-conference, as he did last season; stay tuned.

Brissett is a freshman being asked to assume a large role on offense because of the lack of options. He isn't very efficient offensively most nights, but his 3-point shooting is improving.

Moyer is an energy guy whose strengths are defense and rebounding. His play was getting better and more consistent before he was injured.

So we're not getting the most out of our talent then?

hqdefault.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom