on the cusp | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

on the cusp

So we're not getting the most out of our talent then?
I contend we are, because the options for this team are limited due to injuries and defections. What would you be doing differently if you were in charge?

I contend we are, because the options for this team are limited due to injuries and defections. What would you be doing differently if you were in charge?

All I'm saying is that if we're getting the most out of these guys then we really have done an extremely poor job of talent evaluation and recruiting.

All I'm saying is that if we're getting the most out of these guys then we really have done an extremely poor job of talent evaluation and recruiting.
I'm saying because of the youth and inexperience on this team, JB is getting as much out of them as could be reasonably expected at this time. That's not to say they can't get better, because they should. But this team easily could have a few more wins at this point, and then then the discussion wouldn't be about whether they can make the NCAAT, but about how they can lock down a favorable seed.

I was told that we have a very talented team over and over. Battle 5 star, Brissett is a 5 star if he was from the US, we have a one and doner in Marek, the Conneticut player of the year in Moyer and a junior point guard.

So because we lose to some bad teams and some short handed teams and beat Pitt a couple of times and BC we're discussing coach of the year?

This message board can be crazy sometimes.
I was told that we have a very talented team over and over. Battle 5 star, Brissett is a 5 star if he was from the US, we have a one and doner in Marek, the Conneticut player of the year in Moyer and a junior point guard.

You're on the recruiting board. Read the link at the top about recruiting classes. Battle was a 4 star, not a 5. Brissett was player of the year in Canada, but he's not Andrew Wiggins, so I think a 4 star rating for him would be about right, too. Nobody said Marek was leaving after a year for the NBA, if he does indeed leave. You're just looking to be argumentative right now.

You're on the recruiting board. Read the link at the top about recruiting classes. Battle was a 4 star, not a 5. Brissett was player of the year in Canada, but he's not Andrew Wiggins, so I think a 4 star rating for him would be about right, too. Nobody said Marek was leaving after a year for the NBA, if he does indeed leave. You're just looking to be argumentative right now.

I’ve got to agree with two3zone here. People called Battle our best player since Melo in the off-season. A bunch of people said he would go lottery and if he left this year it’s no guarantee he would be drafted.

A certain other expert who’s nowhere to be seen recently said Marek was a great player and would only need a year to get to the NBA.

Brissett is playing as expected, although I thought he would be a bit more efficient.

I’ve got to agree with two3zone here. People called Battle our best player since Melo in the off-season. A bunch of people said he would go lottery and if he left this year it’s no guarantee he would be drafted.

A certain other expert who’s nowhere to be seen recently said Marek was a great player and would only need a year to get to the NBA.

Brissett is playing as expected, although I thought he would be a bit more efficient.

About Marek, I knew he was constantly saying he would be a one year player, but was he really saying NBA or back overseas? I thought the latter.

About Marek, I knew he was constantly saying he would be a one year player, but was he really saying NBA or back overseas? I thought the latter.

Good question. I’m pretty sure he meant NBA the way he was hyped up. Guy was convinced he was better than Lydon.

No disrespect, but those people were idiots.

Battle lacked (and still lacks) the outside shot to be "the best prospect since Melo".

I think Lydon was a better prospect, if he had gotten more physically built up, and if he didn't defer to White so much last year and acted more like the alpha dog.

The only place that Marek was going after a year was to play in Europe. He weighs 180 pounds and can't make a college three. How is he going to play in the NBA? All those clips from the summer showed him driving past people and running the floor, nothing more.

You must not read the recruiting board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom