On the Oregon Trail | Syracusefan.com

On the Oregon Trail

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I haven't seen their team live yet, but just looking at stats and game write ups, I see a few things.

Their starting C Dante, who seems like a beast, got hurt in the opening game after scoring 16 with 21 rebounds against Georgia, but hasn't returned yet. They have another big guy named Bittle who has played about half their games, and is a decent low post scorer, but not as impressive a rebounder as the other guy. He put up 16 pts and 3 rebounds, but hasn't played in 3 weeks, and so is likely hurt, too.

They still play about 9 guys a game, most of whom are guards. They rotate frequently, and damn near all of them can shoot from three.

Couisnard is the leader among the guards, gets the most minutes, 12 pts, 4 reb, 3 asst, 36% from three.

Rigsby and Oquendo are dangerous from three, with both averaging about 10 ppg on about 50% from three.

Barthelemay is more of a defender, scrapper, driver kind of guy, and also ges them about 10 ppg, but is not that great from 3 or from the foul line.

Kwame Evans, a Baltimore kid who I think we recruited at one time, plays PF for them and is a solid player. Diawaraha is their new guy in the middle. Big body, gets about 5 and 5 for them.

They don't turn over the ball a lot, but they're not a great rebounding team.

Anybody see them yet? Discussion welcome.

Last edited:
Or the South Dakota Trail(?!)
I don't like Oregon's artsy "forest" court, so cool with that.

Just saw an article that said two of their big men will be out a couple more weeks. They are not a great rebounding team so that shouldn’t hurt us badly. We will need to keep our turnovers down and get to the free throw line.

Would love to see Hima and Maliq in there together so that Maliq can do MORE Maliq things. I loved seeing him more active offensively.

I think their uniforms are FABULOUS!

That’s all I got.

They are very sharp. Nike first started testing out all their crazy neon colors and stuff on the Ducks, since Phil Knight, the owner of Nike, went to school there.

I first heard of Nike back when I was a runner in high school. They came out with a cross country shoe that was great in the mud, but still light-weight. Instead of wearing spiked shoes, as was the custom, the Nike Waffle had a tread pattern that gave you good footing in the muck, but was still light enough to race in. They became insanely popular and really helped launch Nike.

New Balance also came out with a revolutionary running shoe around the same time, the NB 320, which were the first shoes that were also fairly lightweight, but have all the features we see in all sorts of sneakers and walking shoes today - wide shock absorbing sole, heel cup for stability, nylon upper to save weight.

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 48
  • download-2.jpg
    download-2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 44
  • download-3.jpg
    download-3.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 44
Or the South Dakota Trail(?!)
I don't like Oregon's artsy "forest" court, so cool with that.

I was sort of thinking that South Dakota was along the Oregon Trail ... Do you remember the early computer game of that name, back in the 90s?

Just saw an article that said two of their big men will be out a couple more weeks. They are not a great rebounding team so that shouldn’t hurt us badly. We will need to keep our turnovers down and get to the free throw line.

Would love to see Hima and Maliq in there together so that Maliq can do MORE Maliq things. I loved seeing him more active offensively.

I just rewatched the Georgetown game a few minutes ago. We were the better team, and they missed a bunch of threes, but most were contended or taken from waaay outside.

I thought our defense was pretty good. Judah played maybe his best defense so far this year, which was wonderful to see.

There were a couple times on fast breaks where I would have liked to see Judah give up the ball, just to keep the defense guessing.

One time in the 2nd half, Taylor was open and ahead of Judah on his right and had a layup. Judah took it himself into 2 defenders, but got the foul and the roll on the shot. Not the right choice, but it worked out.

One other time he had JJ on the left who also had a more open lane to the basket, but Judah kept it.

Glad to see Hima look fairly good out there. Still looks a little Bambi like on his legs, but he has quicker reflexes than MacLeod. Naheem needs some kind of quick step footwork drills, and he has to work on his reactions. Maybe play more video games! He's a bit slow processing the information around him on defense.

I liked seeing Benny get some floor time, and looked like he can get back into the team, and hopefully be a contributor. Chris and Justin didn't have their best games, but Copeland and JJ did.

It's nice to see us play a consistent game from start to finish. Close game for most of the game, we had to play smart, and I thought we did. We're looking much more like a team. I am more optimistic about Oregon now.

I just rewatched the Georgetown game a few minutes ago. We were the better team, and they missed a bunch of threes, but most were contended or taken from waaay outside.

I thought our defense was pretty good. Judah played maybe his best defense so far this year, which was wonderful to see.

There were a couple times on fast breaks where I would have liked to see Judah give up the ball, just to keep the defense guessing.

One time in the 2nd half, Taylor was open and ahead of Judah on his right and had a layup. Judah took it himself into 2 defenders, but got the foul and the roll on the shot. Not the right choice, but it worked out.

One other time he had JJ on the left who also had a more open lane to the basket, but Judah kept it.

Glad to see Hima look fairly good out there. Still looks a little Bambi like on his legs, but he has quicker reflexes than MacLeod. Naheem needs some kind of quick step footwork drills, and he has to work on his reactions. Maybe play more video games! He's a bit slow processing the information around him on defense.

I liked seeing Benny get some floor time, and looked like he can get back into the team, and hopefully be a contributor. Chris and Justin didn't have their best games, but Copeland and JJ did.

It's nice to see us play a consistent game from start to finish. Close game for most of the game, we had to play smart, and I thought we did. We're looking much more like a team. I am more optimistic about Oregon now.
I loved that give and go between Benny and Judah. I screamed out loud “where’s that been!!!”

Also, we have to give credit where credit is due. JJ played a tremendous game and was a real force out there. And you’re right, not sure how many steals Judah had but a lot.

I loved that give and go between Benny and Judah. I screamed out loud “where’s that been!!!”

Also, we have to give credit where credit is due. JJ played a tremendous game and was a real force out there. And you’re right, not sure how many steals Judah had but a lot.

They are very sharp. Nike first started testing out all their crazy neon colors and stuff on the Ducks, since Phil Knight, the owner of Nike, went to school there.

I first heard of Nike back when I was a runner in high school. They came out with a cross country shoe that was great in the mud, but still light-weight. Instead of wearing spiked shoes, as was the custom, the Nike Waffle had a tread pattern that gave you good footing in the muck, but was still light enough to race in. They became insanely popular and really helped launch Nike.

New Balance also came out with a revolutionary running shoe around the same time, the NB 320, which were the first shoes that were also fairly lightweight, but have all the features we see in all sorts of sneakers and walking shoes today - wide shock absorbing sole, heel cup for stability, nylon upper to save weight.
I have a thing for ducks as well. Not an erotic thing, just a …… thing. :oops:

When the season began, I thought it would be tough to win games in Maui considering the gauntlet of the field and the inexperience of this year’s team. So the three games I circled as the key early season barometers were LSU, Gtown and Oregon. Those three, to me, were gonna be the best indication of how this team might turn out and whether it has a chance to make the tourney. Oregon, being the best team of the three and at a neutral site, is the key barometer to show us where this team is and where it can go. If we can win this game or have a strong showing, I’ll feel better going into ACC play. Go Orange!

I was sort of thinking that South Dakota was along the Oregon Trail ... Do you remember the early computer game of that name, back in the 90s?

The original computer game came out in the 70s. I remember playing one of the early versions, since with IBM still booming schools in the Binghamton area were some of the first to have computer labs in the entire country. The game got substantially upgraded in 1995, which is the game most people remember.

The original computer game came out in the 70s. I remember playing one of the early versions, since with IBM still booming schools in the Binghamton area were some of the first to have computer labs in the entire country. The game got substantially upgraded in 1995, which is the game most people remember.
What's crazy is the apple II had like a 12 year run as the top computer in k12 education.

Also, I'd disagree, the OG Oregon Trail from MECC is the one better remembered.

Funny! At the first mental health clinic where I worked in the 70s, we had a thing about quacking for a while. We quacked as a greeting, we quacked “questions” and “answers,” and every now and then we would quack sing, which was the best of all.

Funny! At the first mental health clinic where I worked in the 70s, we had a thing about quacking for a while. We quacked as a greeting, we quacked “questions” and “answers,” and every now and then we would quack sing, which was the best of all.
Worked as a trustee?

They were also the first to have different widths. However, manufacturing was junk. The front bumper always delaminated.

Some of their campsites still have mercury residue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom