On the Proper Use of a Message Board | Syracusefan.com

On the Proper Use of a Message Board

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
The admins think it is time for a reminder on a couple of things regarding the use of this board:

1) Before you make a post, please take the time to see whether someone else has already posted on the topic. There is no need for 4 or 5 posts all on the same subject. It makes it hard for people to understand what the current topics of discussion. Please remember that with each passing day, more people are accessing the board through their phone and there is limited real estate on a phone to display topics.

2) There has been a lot of griping about user behavior recently. I don't like it when people post about X, I don't like the way person Y treats others, etc. Remember that there is an ignore feature on the board specifically so you can screen out the posters whose posts you dislike reading. If you don't like what poster Y brings to the table, ignore them. Your stress level will go down, as will the stress levels of the other posters who have to read your complaints. You can also report posts you feel do not belong on the board, which brings them to the attention of the admins, who will take care of these types of issues in short order.

Maybe the biggest issue with the board right now is that it is getting more and more busy, which is great. But it puts a premium on users to follow the rules. We understand no one is perfect but ask everyone to make a good faith effort to do this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Your friendly neighborhood board administrators

Hey you were courtside at the basketball game. Did the players look tired? I think we should have played Roberson more. Why did we wait so long to press them? If we didn't wear those blue shorts, we could have run man to man and really clamped down on them. Obviously Boeheim doesn't know what he's doing. I'm pretty sure Terrel Hunt is going to win the Heisman with this crew of receivers we have; if Tebow can do it with a mediocre arm, then so can Hunt. Is Wayne Williams on campus? I have a naked video of Miss America that Jarhead Jim gave me - why can't I convert it to a GIF and post it here? On second thought, we didn't lose until Murry showed up, so I take back what I said about the bench, the shorts and Boeheim, and Hunt for that matter. If I get a Danny Schayes autograph, will we beat Notre Dame at Met Life, or will that only happen if Ennis stops be so unselfish? Or perhaps you can only answer that question during the last two minutes of the half. But if that's the case, why would I ask it during the other 18 minutes? Where were the tubas?

I just did a search and this thread was already posted in the football forum. Can we make a post to inform people to use the search function?

Sorry if I my post was wandering a bit, but we all know what that red headed step child once said (sang)...

:)

Last edited:
Good post, Tom. At your suggestion, I have been inspired to use the ignore function for the first time ever (for someone else, not you).

Hey you were courtside at the basketball game. Did the players look tired? I think we should have played Roberson more. Why did we wait so long to press them? If we didn't wear those blue shorts, we could have run man to man and really clamped down on them. Obviously Boeheim doesn't know what he's doing. I'm pretty sure Terrel Hunt is going to win the Heisman with this crew of receivers we have; if Tebow can do it with a mediocre arm, then so can Hunt. Is Wayne Williams on campus? I have a naked video of Miss America that Jarhead Jim gave me - why can't I convert it to a GIF and post it here? On second thought, we didn't lose until Murry showed up, so I take back what I said about the bench, the shorts and Boeheim, and Hunt for that matter. If I get a Danny Schayes autograph, will we beat Notre Dame at Met Life, or will that only happen if Ennis stops be so unselfish? Or perhaps you can only answer that question during the last two minutes of the half. But if that's the case, why would I ask it during the other 18 minutes? Where were the tubas?

I just did a search and this thread was already posted in the football forum. Can we make a post to inform people to use the search function?

Sorry if I my post was wandering a bit, but we all know what that red headed step child once said (sang)...

:)
Wow. That is thorough!

Where is the ignore button? Will I know if I'm being ignored? (My feelings are easily hurt.)

Where is the ignore button? Will I know if I'm being ignored? (My feelings are easily hurt.)
Clearly you don't know if you're being ignored...wah wah wah

bballbeadle said:

I don't think anyone saw your post.

Good post, Tom. At your suggestion, I have been inspired to use the ignore function for the first time ever (for someone else, not you).
Testing. 1...2

Frozen said:

And both he and I appreciate it.

bballbeadle said:
Oh hardy har har har! (Convulsive sobbing) Still don't know where it is.

You can't see who ignores you. But you can ignore a poster by clicking on them or their profile I think and then hit ignore.

Your Avatar looks too much like Tomcats.

But I won't ignore you.

Your Avatar looks too much like Tomcats.

But I won't ignore you.
They are completely different cats! But I'm glad you won't ignore me.

Next year I'm thinking about a duck.

*puts beadle on ignore*

*reads her subsequent post mentioning a duck - mind you, with no details on the scope and scale of said duck, nor potential use(s) of the duck - finds duckpost terribly unsettling: puts beadle on double-secret ignore*

Whose avatar looks to much like Tomcat's, SWC75?
Must be somebody I put on ignore. :D

*puts beadle on ignore*

*reads her subsequent post mentioning a duck - mind you, with no details on the scope and scale of said duck, nor potential use(s) of the duck - finds duckpost terribly unsettling: puts beadle on double-secret ignore*
HA HA HA HA! Seriously, I am still laughing. (Wiping away tears from eyes.)

Well, of course, it would be a very jaunty duck and Lawrinson would help me with its garb. It would be great if the avatar could quack every time I posted something! (Wow. So awesome.... I am stunned by my ingenuity.)

Reactions: MCC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom