On this day in history... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

On this day in history...

January 6, 1946 Syd Barrett was born.

some 41 years later, Syd would be the name of my 3' bong...

today was also the Kerrigan knee smash by gillooly or whatever his name was.

Why Me.

1/27/91

THIS

alg-buffalo-bills-norwood-jpg.jpg

jan-1991-new-york-giants-head-coach-bill-parcells-is-paraded-around-picture-id72576025

the guy in the bottom right, Mike Murphy, still works security for the Giants HC.

That guy has been there forever.

That guy has been there forever.
When I saw that pic and him...I had a Bruce Willis in 12 Monkeys or a Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman moment...

3 Feb, 1945 - Operation Thunderclap
1,000 B-17's of the Eighth Air Force fly over berlin dropping Penicillin G benzathine on a population ravaged by german whores.

Feb 7, 1935

Monopoly debuts.

there is no way in hell, any of you have not played this at least 1x.

or had your family own it.

We had vicious week-long games. Fights ensued.

Good times.
cheating, or accusing your brother/sister of cheating at Monopoly, is about as American as one can get.

cheating, or accusing your brother/sister of cheating at Monopoly, is about as American as one can get.

Always pilfered a 100 or two from the bank when nobody was looking

february 18th 1933:
yoko ono was born. setting in motion events leading to the destruction of the greatest band in history.
february 18th 1954 :
john travolta was born setting in motion events leading to the disco craze and destruction of rock and roll.

Last edited:
February 19, 1945 - the battle of Iwo Jima begins. It will last for 36 days and claim the lives of 6,800 Americans plus many more wounded.

Feb 27, 1990

this just needed to be shared...

Milli Vanilli's Rob Pilatus shared his perspective on life with Time magazine. In the interview he said, "Musically, we're more talented than any Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney. Mick Jagger can't produce a sound. I'm the new Elvis."

March 2, 1933

king-kong-1933-1-1.jpeg

looking forward to the newest installment later this month.

if anything, it will good on cable...

March 6, 1857

Supreme Court makes decision on Dred Scott.

Slave Dred Scott's appeal that he be considered free if his owner takes him to a non-slave-holding state falls in his owner's favor. The Court holds that slaves are property, not persons, a decision that will be strongly opposed by antislavery Northerners and serve as a catalyst for the Civil War.

for you kickballers...Real Madrid was founded

Rosenberg's trial starts...

March 13, 1781

The German-born English astronomer William Hershel discovers Uranus, the seventh planet from the sun.

March 21, 1952

What is generally considered the 1st Rock & Roll concert. it was organized by DJ Alan Freed, who also gets credit for the term Rock & Roll.

800px-Moondog_poster.jpg

March 28, 1979

nobody alive in the 70s will forget this...3 Mile Island.

then I mustve watched the China Syndrome a billion times on HBO the next year or whenever it came on.

I just looked it up, that movie was made before the accident, came out 2 weeks prior as well. talk about your marketing!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom