On to Saturday | Syracusefan.com

On to Saturday

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
The crowd will still be over 45,000, it’s the event of the Fall.

Tommy plays well with the crowd, as does our line.

Questions are:

1. Does our o line improve?

2. Can we provide different looks with our 3.5 running backs to try and seize the ground game and overall tempo?

3. Who steps up as WR2? I sure as hell don’t know.

4. Do we use the TE like we have in the past to challenge Clemson?

Defense..

5. Can our LB’s stop Etienne? Our DL can only do so much.

6. If not our LB’s, can our safeties? My faith in Cisco, Cordy and Foster as big hitters picking up the rb on the edge has... diminished.

7. Does Trill play nickel or corner? Id like to see him at corner to defend the big vertical plays, I think Stritz can handle nickel, thoughts?

8. How do we avoid Etienne grinding our defense to a pulp? Guthrie is not here, Shy’s not here who was potentially our run stopping hope. Who the hell can help our line? I see a huge huge huge threat of Etienne being Fournette 2.0 here.

9. Piggybacking off the above point, will our d line get enough of a chance and fresh legs to force Lawrence into difficult passing situations like tech?

Crowd needs to get into this early, despite whoever may strike first.

Last edited:
Throwing the Maryland game was all part of Dino’s master plan. Clemson will take us lightly now and the path to the playoff is through the ACC Championship.

Throwing the Maryland game was all part of Dino’s master plan. Clemson will take us lightly now and the path to the playoff is through the ACC Championship.
Clemson will never take us lightly whether we deserve it or not. Dabo’s not an idiot.

...or we're in store for one of the most demoralizing home beatdowns since the Gerg era...and on primetime national TV to boot.

...or we're in store for one of the most demoralizing home beatdowns since the Gerg era...and on primetime national TV to boot.
Won’t happen. I have a lot of faith in our boys at home. I don’t expect a win, but I don’t think we’re going to be embarrassed. If nothing else, yesterday should be a wake up call. We aren’t the seminoles, this will not derail our season.

1. Does our o line improve?
A bit but not enough to win the game.

2. Can we provide different looks with our 3.5 running backs to try and seize the ground game and overall tempo?
I like the look of having the two rbs in the backfield but I don't think we can run on Clemson much.

3. Who steps up as WR2? I sure as hell don’t know.
If Taj can get off press coverage he will or if N Johnson gets fully healthy.

4. Do we use the TE like we have in the past to challenge Clemson?
I hope so

Defense..

5. Can our LB’s stop Etienne? Our DL can only do so much.
No

6. If not our LB’s, can our safeties? My faith in Cisco, Cordy and Foster as big hitters picking up the rb on the edge has... diminished.
Nope

7. Does Trill play nickel or corner? Id like to see him at corner to defend the big vertical plays, I think Stritz can handle nickel, thoughts?
I would like to seem him in at corner and Stritz has been solid at nickel.

8. How do we avoid Etienne not grinding our defense to a pulp? Guthrie is not here, Shy’s not here who was potentially our run stopping hope. Who the hell can help our line? I see a huge huge huge threat of Etienne being Fournette 2.0 here.
Sadly we don't have someone on this roster that will challenge, I fear he will run for 200.

9. Piggybacking off the above point, will our d line get enough of a chance and fresh legs to force Lawrence into difficult passing situations like tech?
I think we will do a better job of this then stopping the run.

If our oline plays like this sat clemson will have 12 sacks they have beasts up front once again.

OMG! Love the sarcasm (or is it total optimism?) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom