On to the NIT... | Syracusefan.com

On to the NIT...

jpac

Walk On
I tend to look on the bright side, if the team can play for pride and win, I will be seeing them in MSG since I live in the NJ suburbs of NYC. Looks like the NIT selection is on at 8:30 EST on ESPNU.

I tend to look on the bright side, if the team can play for pride and win, I will be seeing them in MSG since I live in the NJ suburbs of NYC. Looks like the NIT selection is on at 8:30 EST on ESPNU.

Let's win it. If "We're Syracuse" has any meaning at all, then we play to win every tourney we are in. That's what great programs do.

The NIT has a long history and winning it is better than not winning it.

Let's do this.

It's valuable game experience on the road against teams that were fringe NCAAT teams.

Extra games to groom Battle/Lydon/Thompson/Howard etc.

Why does anyone think they can win the NIT because after 32 games, they only won two games on the road. They are who they are and that's average at best.

Why does anyone think they can win the NIT because after 32 games, they only won two games on the road. They are who they are and that's average at best.
If we are a No. 1 (should be), all of our games will be at home. I believe it would be 3 home and then if they get to the FF that's in MSG so like our chances.

It's valuable game experience on the road against teams that were fringe NCAAT teams.

Extra games to groom Battle/Lydon/Thompson/Howard etc.
If Howard hasn't already burned his bridges, I'd tell him "Here's a chance to prove you can play PG to someone other than yourself."

If Howard hasn't already burned his bridges, I'd tell him "Here's a chance to prove you can play PG to someone other than yourself."

If Howard can beat the likes of Clemson, G Tech, Cali, Georgia, etc. He's good enough to start the conversation about a second chance.

Id rather them just lose round 1 so we can look ahead to next season. This season is already a fail

Let's win it. If "We're Syracuse" has any meaning at all, then we play to win every tourney we are in. That's what great programs do.

The NIT has a long history and winning it is better than not winning it.

Let's do this.

Now that's the spirit...yippee! If 'We're Syracuse' has any meaning at all, 'great' programs don't place themselves into this situation in the first place. :rolleyes:

Will our game be Tuesday? Big snow storm right? Make it free to attend!

from another thread

I hope we don't even go to the NIT.
Syracuse needs to play in the NIT. You assert that you are New York's team. That starts to ring hollow if you don't play in NY's tournament after an invite.

Boeheim is a grump. But he needs to put a good face on playing in the NIT, hyping New York's team and a desire earn the right to play in one of the most historic venues in the sport.

If blue blood North Carolina could go to the NIT in 2010 (year after winning NC) and go to the final game...we can compete in it too.
Exactly. The NIT has great history. MSG is a dream place to play. Embrace it.

Well they should at the very least get to the Garden if they haven't packed it in already.

When half of your roster is seniors/5th year guys, the NIT is a afterthought.

I have no doubt these guys will mail it in. We may win 1 game. There's zero chance we win the tourney.
Have we ever made it to MSG? Tough to get amped for these games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom