On to the NIT... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

On to the NIT...

Now that's the spirit...yippee! If 'We're Syracuse' has any meaning at all, 'great' programs don't place themselves into this situation in the first place. :rolleyes:

You'll be hard-pressed to find a top program that has not played in the NIT.

I've never really gotten the segment of the fan base that freaks out over the NIT bid and feel the need to post that the season is over/the NIT is a waste of time/etc. Positive energy and morale matter in life - the kind of people that can't just walk away from the keyboard, but are compelled to post negative things when morale is already low strike me as the kind of people I try to either avoid or minimize contact with in life.

IMHO It's a sign of weak character to be posting about the pointlessness of the NIT or how the team is going to lose and be laughed at.

There's games left to be played; you play to win the game. I stuck with football through the GRob years and kept my season tickets; the disappointment of an NIT bid isn't going to stop me from supporting the basketball team.

Last edited:
I've never really gotten the segment of the fan base that freaks out over the NIT bid and feel the need to post that the season is over/the NIT is a waste of time/etc. Positive energy and morale matter in life - the kind of people that can't just walk away from the keyboard, but are compelled to post negative things when morale is already low strike me as the kind of people I try to either avoid or minimize contact with in life.

IMHO It's a sign of weak character to be posting about the pointlessness of the NIT or how the team is going to lose and laughed at.

There's games left to be played; you play to win the game. I stuck with football through the GRob years and kept my season tickets; the disappointment of an NIT bid isn't going to stop me from supporting the basketball team.

Spot on. Let's go Orange. Thick n thin.

I'm happy to be watching more 'cuse ball and I hope we destroy Greensboro and mock them while doing it. Then I want a shirt that says JB 2 - G'boro 0.

In fact, schedule UNCG for every year and let's make a habit of ruining one game a year for them in honor of JB. It will be our version of the Roman phrase, "Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam."

+1

Just my way of coping with disappointment.

No worries. I understand. I snapped at a few people tonight more than I should have so I'm a little on edge too. Except for the 5th year transfer thread. I very much meant to snap there. That was ridiculous

Over it in the moment. Just got some seats right behind SU bench for me, my brother and my 2 sons for 45.00. Can think of a lot worse ways to spend a freezing cold night in March in CNY.

When life gives you lemons...

We weren't going to win the NC this year, but we can win the NIT this year. As some very smart poster once said, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of good".

Over it in the moment. Just got some seats right behind SU bench for me, my brother and my 2 sons for 45.00. Can think of a lot worse ways to spend a freezing cold night in March in CNY.

When life gives you lemons...

What about the threads and posts dedicated to the snow that night? Arent you scared like they want you to be? ;) Syracuse, NY | 18.8° | Mostly Cloudy

When half of your roster is seniors/5th year guys, the NIT is a afterthought.

I have no doubt these guys will mail it in. We may win 1 game. There's zero chance we win the tourney.

Only question is will they mail it in worse than the 1997 team

If JB and his staff are the professionals I believe they are, and the players are the athletes I believe they are, they will play every game to win, and acquit themselves with class and dignity.

The NCAA has done us all a favor by scheduling UNC Greensboro. They have added added a bunch of story lines and potential drama to what would normally be an asterisk.

Run with it, Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom