Once Again Grayson Allen With A Trip | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Once Again Grayson Allen With A Trip

C0SRqahUAAEAWCc.jpg

Good move by Coach K, but would he have taken this same stance if he didn't have other options, we will never know. That being said, I have never thought much of Grayson Allen. I always thought he was a spoiled little punk on the floor. I doubt he has ever entered a room without being the biggest douche, that includes the Carrier Dome.

A different take: kids growing up in public can get pretty ugly. We have seen it here. Obviously, Allen needs time to work out some issues.

The demons that cause him to act inappropriately are the same demons that make him a good basketball player. He has yet to tame his emotions so he can apply his competitive juices at the right times, and temper them when necessary.

I am not sure we have one player on SU that plays with one tenth of the passion that Allen brings to his game. We could use some Devo on the court right now.

Given how Devendorf has grown into a man, I hope the same for Grayson Allen.

Why would you ask that?
It's a fair question. Family friend has a son on the spectrum and he gets disproportionately angry and upset by things sometimes and also struggles with recognizing social norms and unwritten rules, ex. tripping people.

It's a fair question. Family friend has a son on the spectrum and he gets disproportionately angry and upset by things sometimes and also struggles with recognizing social norms and unwritten rules, ex. tripping people.

I was just curious as to why he would ask that...nothing confrontational...My son is on the spectrum, so I understand.

Didn't see the game live obviously watching our debacle - but wasn't K complaining to the ref about the call during the live play? NO kudos for K - I'm guessing the school passed this down after getting a nudge from the ACC who was following the media coverage.

My guess is he's out for next 3 games as they play VTech, GTech, and BC, then will be back against FSU.
Some folks are saying 4. He'll sit for F$U and then return because they play Louavul after F$U.

I was just curious as to why he would ask that...nothing confrontational...My son is on the spectrum, so I understand.

Yeah I didn't mean to be confrontational either, I took the original question as a sincere one.

Thought we were going to get a good intraservice argument going here, but it turned all nice. Sheesh.

By the way...that was a perfect, simple description...Of course, as I am sure you know, each child/person is different, thus the reason for the spectrum...it's not just Asperger's, Autism, etc. anymore...there are varying degrees, I guess that is the best word to use...

By the way...that was a perfect, simple description...Of course, as I am sure you know, each child/person is different, thus the reason for the spectrum...it's not just Asperger's, Autism, etc. anymore...there are varying degrees, I guess that is the best word to use...

He's not likely on the autistic spectrum at all. A large majority, not all, of people on the spectrum also have some physical awkwardness about them that would preclude athletic excellence. This is more a competitive streak that he hasn't learned to control.

He's not likely on the autistic spectrum at all. A large majority, not all, of people on the spectrum also have some physical awkwardness about them that would preclude athletic excellence. This is more a competitive streak that he hasn't learned to control.
I was all set to buy into the spectrum thing but now am back to him just being an ahole. Thank you for that.

I agree with that...trust me...my son is probably more physical awkward than me, and that is saying something...

I was more wondering if he was using stereotypical observations of autism (movies, tv, etc.) or if he has some experience with it...

I was all set to buy into the spectrum thing but now am back to him just being an ahole. Thank you for that.

He may very well have impulse control issues...

I can't wait until he trips the wrong guy and gets one in the eye, that is the only way this dude is going to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom