One Former Player | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

One Former Player

It is interesting that there are probably 20 players that if one was added to this team we would win 9-10 games.
Goat, Davis, Little, McNabb, Donny Mac, Freeney, Mackey, Pugh, Jones, Graves, Csonka, Morris, Harrison, Williams, Phillips, Ishmael, Etta-Tawo, Lemon, Reyes, Monk, Green. Any one of these would do the trick. (My apologies to the many I have omitted.)

That said, we don't need a QB or #1 receiver and I think the D is good enough. So, I have to go with the Goat. Only saw him on TV but he was like Csonka - 3rd and 3 and the whole planet knew who was getting the ball and it didn't matter. Difference was Brown was a big yardage threat every time he touched the ball.

For defense it has to be Freeney.

GS may wind up having his best year and if he does, this team can beat anyone in the ACC.
Go Cuse!
Since you mentioned Ishmael, we could also go with Ismail. A game breaker all over the field.

It’s an interesting exercise. A knee jerk choice would be McNabb or McPherson or Dungey. However, if Shrader is healthy, he should be good enough. Perhaps not as good as those other QB’s but good enough.

We can only speculate how Allen will be, so a safe choice would be any of our greatest RB’s. A reasonable case could be made for choosing one of them.

We also have only one proven star in the receiving corps. Plugging in any one of our greatest WR’s would turbo charge our passing game. I gave a lot of thought to choosing a Harrison or Moore.

I‘m going with Freeney. As Jake noted, we won 10 games with RJ behind center and that was largely due to the most disruptive defender we ever had.

Obviously, taking any one of the alltime greats and plugging them into their old position on this year’s team would make a noticeable difference. I’m speculating…and it is only a speculation…that our O will be OK, and adding a Dwight Freeney would have the most impact.

give me a John Flannery to anchor the middle of this OL...I think this continues to be one of the biggest question marks going into the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom