One interesting McCord thought | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One interesting McCord thought

Speaking of Spencer Rattler that would be a good offense for him. Though Rattler better be nice to him!
I would've picked him first overall just by his name. How isn't this not in the discussion for best name ever?

Assuming he is gone that he cant get that year back

But look at todays ESPN QB ranking. #11 somewhere in Day 3.

You go back to 2010 and look at QBs drafted that late.

88 have been drafted
3 become solid starters. Cousins/Dak/Purdy
4 had some career and one of them is O'Connel who will be gone soon as the contract is over

its a 4yr deal worth close to a 750k with a bonus but not locked in money.

getting into day 2 is a big deal.
Round 2 has a limited amount of guaranteed money, while round 3 and beyond only the bonus is guaranteed.

Here is the contract for the last 4th round pick.

Jacob Cowing signed a 4 year , $4,548,708 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including $528,708 signing bonus, $528,708 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,137,177. In 2024, Cowing will earn a base salary of $795,000 and a signing bonus of $528,708

Contract for last 5th round pick

Qwan'tez Stiggers signed a 4 year , $4,274,276 contract with the New York Jets, including $254,276 signing bonus, $254,276 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,068,569. In 2024, Stiggers will earn a base salary of $795,000 and a signing bonus of $254,276

The last 6th round pick

Elijah Klein signed a 4 year , $4,158,388 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including $138,388 signing bonus, $138,388 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,039,597. In 2024, Klein will earn a base salary of $795,000 and a signing bonus of $138,388,

The last 7th round pick

Jaylen Key signed a 4 year , $4,100,736 contract with the New York Jets, including $80,736 signing bonus, $80,736 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,025,184.

Nice info, Interesting stats. I would think with 90 or so qbs on rosters, there would be more that 7 stick.

Do you know what people like Mel Kyper think? Usually “ESPN Metrics” on anything, (like 20% to beat UNLV) are garbage.

also in your analysis does 4 years/2.5 million for Nassib, but no meaningful role, count as a career?

I would think that is the floor for McCord.
When you consider how many guys are around for 5-10 years, there's not a lot of room for newbys to break in.

Kids sitting out to preserve a year is becoming an issue. Only way to remedy that is 5 years eligibility.

Should that pass between now and then end of the season, then McCord could come back. But that is assuming he would want to. The chances of both happening are maybe 2% tops.

He is having the best year of his playing life. Maybe he sticks for another year as he isn't that old but if he is going in the top 3 rounds, he's gone. After that who knows maybe he sticks for another year. Personally, I hope that he continues to crush it and goes Pro. Syracuse will need to re- load, and I seriously doubt that we find a replacement for him, but Cuse is on a good path and having our QB go pro is a very good thing.

He is having the best year of his playing life. Maybe he sticks for another year as he isn't that old but if he is going in the top 3 rounds, he's gone. After that who knows maybe he sticks for another year. Personally, I hope that he continues to crush it and goes Pro. Syracuse will need to re- load, and I seriously doubt that we find a replacement for him, but Cuse is on a good path and having our QB go pro is a very good thing.
Are there like 3 people posting from your username? You've had three wildly different posts in this thread, staying, leaving, who knows?

He doesn't have another year of eligibility so what are we even talking about?

I may be biased, but I think he’s better than all of those guys. Bo friggin Nix was a first rounder starting in the NFL this year.
I'd say so or only saw Nix play as a Freshman at Auburn. He was incredible at Oregon the past 2 years. 94 total TDs in that time is pretty friggin decent.

I may be biased, but I think he’s better than all of those guys. Bo friggin Nix was a first rounder starting in the NFL this year.
Bo Nix owns the NCAA record for completion percentage in a year throwing 470 passes and completing 78%. That’s pretty good.

Are there like 3 people posting from your username? You've had three wildly different posts in this thread, staying, leaving, who knows?

He doesn't have another year of eligibility so what are we even talking about?
According to many on this board he would be granted an extra year if he applied for it. my point in the last post is that if he is projected to go in the top 3 rounds, he is gone. 4th round is a toss-up and anything lower than that might cause him to apply for another year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom