One of the worst defensive efforts I've seen | Syracusefan.com

One of the worst defensive efforts I've seen

Doubts creeping in if Hop should be giving the keys to the team by default.

It's that plus the lack of rebounding plus St. John's is hitting some stupid shots.

not a joke

Agree 100%. There is nothing worse than seeing these type of games, where our team gets completely outhustled and outworked all game long. What is the rebounding differential?

We went through the motions today -- totally unacceptable.

At least they have a week off to think about it! :)

Those last few possessions prove that this just isn't our night. Steals, can't convert.

We haven't gotten it under 7 the entire second half, despite dozens of chances. And we couldn't cut into that lead late despite numerous chances and good looks. Frustrating as hell.

Those last few possessions prove that this just isn't our night. Steals, can't convert.

We haven't gotten it under 7 the entire second half, despite dozens of chances. And we couldn't cut into that lead late despite numerous chances and good looks. Frustrating as hell.
yep every time it was at 7 or 8 and sj had the ball they converted some points. we never got it below 7

yeah maybe we can keep a&m and ucon out of the tourney!

Forget just defensive... That was probably the worst overall SU performance I've seen in the last 10 years or so. Just pathetic as all he11. It gives one no confidence whatsoever heading into the ACC

Wrong people shooting.

It was pathetic. Poor rotation and they could have destroyed us moreso inside. A clinic on how not to rebound either.

St John's is not an impressive team. We made them look like worldbeaters.
"not an impressive team" is putting it kindly. I watched them a couple of times before today and they are just plain bad

"not an impressive team" is putting it kindly. I watched them a couple of times before today and they are just plain bad

St. Johns has had one good offensive game all year and that was against Chaminade. Until today.

I don't care what flaws we have, St Johns has nowhere near the talent and they blitz us today. Ridiculous.

Remember J J Reddick? Coach K made sure he took the lion's share of 3 pointers. JJ consistently shot over 40%.

We've got G. He's shooting over 50% from 3 this year, around 40% last year. Someone has to talk to this team about who should be taking those shots.

I agree. He was almost non existent in the 2nd half shooting the 3.

Team lacks a lot but a solid hoops i.q. is one thing we have in very short supply. Lydon is a heady player. Can I say anyone else is? Maybe Frank Howard?

I agree. He was almost non existent in the 2nd half shooting the 3.
Malachi had a tough game. He missed several open no rush 3s that were bad misses and I hate failed dunk attempts that happen EVERY YEAR . Put the ball on the backboard for these lay-up. If it get swatted there its a goal tending call and maybe a foul shot as well.

Team lacks a lot but a solid hoops i.q. is one thing we have in very short supply. Lydon is a heady player. Can I say anyone else is? Maybe Frank Howard?

Agree. Seems like we have very few natural basketball players on this team. Don't want to pile on, but this is most glaring in our senior starting back court. Gbinije getting swiped from behind was another to add to that lowlight reel. Too little feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom