NIL War Chest | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NIL War Chest

They should also do this with concessions.
Whomever is involved with this should drive up Midland or Salina going north to the dome and then watch Eddie Lampkin drive in with his fresh new whip and pride yourself in this. Beyond disgusting and shoot your downlikes, this is 100% wrong.

Yeah I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I am not comfortable with the priority NIL fan support is proposed to have.

I posted this elsewhere but communities have real problems that more dollars can actually fix, or at least mitigate.

But why take care of hungry kids when we can see monster dunks or sweet touchdown runs, I guess.
IMG_8112.gif

Yeah I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I am not comfortable with the priority NIL fan support is proposed to have.

I posted this elsewhere but communities have real problems that more dollars can actually fix, or at least mitigate.

But why take care of hungry kids when we can see monster dunks or sweet touchdown runs, I guess.

Bottom line I think this whole thing is a scam. I enjoy watching SU basketball as a hobby and have no problem paying for tickets, paying to watch them on TV, buying gear and that kind of stuff. But these universities are getting billions for television rights. You can't take billions and refuse to pay the people who are earning that money. There is no reason fans should pay employee salaries directly. Let them be like any other business and pay their employees with the money they generate from selling the product. Im not bashing people who give money to NIL, Im glad we are getting good players, but I would never do it. Just feels too much like a scam.

Whomever is involved with this should drive up Midland or Salina going north to the dome and then watch Eddie Lampkin drive in with his fresh new whip and pride yourself in this. Beyond disgusting and shoot your downlikes, this is 100% wrong.

It will not get anywhere. Having been through so many campaigns to raise money for good causes this method never does anything much even though you still find it all over the place.

Also you should see the cars some of the charity execs I work with ride around in. Mission first….

It will not get anywhere. Having been through so many campaigns to raise money for good causes this method never does anything much even though you still find it all over the place.

Also you should see the cars some of the charity execs I work with ride around in. Mission first….
It doesnt work, just shows how more dumb this is.

I’ll be honest. I don’t donate to NIL. I find it hard to give money that I don’t have freely available to send to college kids that have a plethora of opportunities at their hand. Maybe that makes me a bad fan. But I have a mortgage, student loans, 2 kids, their future. I don’t feel necessary to also donate towards a pay for play when the school is making millions and the kids are presented with all the opportunities they are given.

With that said, if I did live in Syracuse this would be an easy way for me to round up and give money that I would not usually give towards Orange United. It’s something. And hey, maybe it lets fans know they can donate other ways and more and more donations come in for Orange United. Any way you can make donating easier, it makes it easier for the consumer to say what the heck, why not.

I’ll be honest. I don’t donate to NIL. I find it hard to give money that I don’t have freely available to send to college kids that have a plethora of opportunities at their hand. Maybe that makes me a bad fan. But I have a mortgage, student loans, 2 kids, their future. I don’t feel necessary to also donate towards a pay for play when the school is making millions and the kids are presented with all the opportunities they are given.

With that said, if I did live in Syracuse this would be an easy way for me to round up and give money that I would not usually give towards Orange United. It’s something. And hey, maybe it lets fans know they can donate other ways and more and more donations come in for Orange United. Any way you can make donating easier, it makes it easier for the consumer to say what the heck, why not.

Going forward, I think the schools will be ponying-up a lot more for players now that they can pay them directly, since they reap the media revenues... at least the schools that want to be competitive will. I suspect there will be a lot discussion and debate at all schools at what that revenue spend will be and what it expands to... The academic side will argue it's too much.

That said, I think NIL from fans isn't going away either. Quite frankly, schools with the biggest war chests will get the best players and you can bet the big public school alumni fans from SEC and B10 will be augmenting the warchests of what the schools have to compete for the top tier players.

Going forward, I think the schools will be ponying-up a lot more for players now that they can pay them directly, since they reap the media revenues... at least the schools that want to be competitive will. I suspect there will be a lot discussion and debate at all schools at what that revenue spend will be and what it expands to... The academic side will argue it's too much.

That said, I think NIL from fans isn't going away either. Quite frankly, schools with the biggest war chests will get the best players and you can bet the big public school alumni fans from SEC and B10 will be augmenting the warchests of what the schools have to compete for the top tier players.
I agree, and said that from the start. One caveat that I didn’t know was a thing, was the discussion during the recent settlement talks. They are looking to police NIL and it will need to be out in the open and also will need to be authentic value. Don’t know how they plan to accomplish that, but I am sure it will be a committee or something to approve if the compensation was appropriate.

If that does come to fruition, I assume the bag man will return to give the bigger schools the advantage. There is and will always be ways for the bigger university alums to ensure they get the best players. Somehow NCAA and Boosters have always been different this way. I assume it’s because alumni feel closer to the program than a professional team and they see themselves as a pseudo owner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom