One picture is worth a 1,000 words | Syracusefan.com

One picture is worth a 1,000 words

One thing that the chart shows is thatCJ didn't take any/many of his patented baseline jumpers.

Somebody mentioned it in the Game thread. Grant's jumper was the only jump shot we hit all game. Pretty sad. Yet also pretty shocking that we weren't down by 15.

Somebody mentioned it in the Game thread. Grant's jumper was the only jump shot we hit all game. Pretty sad. Yet also pretty shocking that we weren't down by 15.
As was said in another thread, we generally lose because we play very poorly NOT because the competition plays exceptionally well. Maybe that's the nature of CBB.

That's actually hysterical.

If this was a pro sport, the shooting coach would be fired. So for those of banging on JB, its gmac who should get the boot.

Wow, just wow though.

Lot of missed lay ups, and a lot of missed and-1 opportunities on weak fouls. CJ and Ennis had opportunities for a few and 1s but left a lot of points there

Honestly, Dayton just isn't very good. I'll give them credit for winning; but I thought they were sub par against the zone, only scored 55pts, and gave us a number of good looks on offense, but we couldn't hit anything.

Kansas should wipe the floor with them.

Honestly, Dayton just isn't very good. I'll give them credit for winning; but I thought they were sub par against the zone, only scored 55pts, and gave us a number of good looks on offense, but we couldn't hit anything.

Kansas should wipe the floor with them.
We had every opportuniy to win the game - just did not do it. We needed to shoot 10% from 3 and could not do that.

Two jumpshots the entire game. One from Gbinije a step inside the paint, and the one outside the paint that you see from Grant. Just abysmal. Usually if we shoot over 50% in the paint, we win something like 90% of the time. That doesn't work when you go 1-20 or whatever outside the paint.

Just a shame. Never would have thought last year's team would have been the better shooting team between the two.

I hate saying this, but this is what you get when your top recruiting attribute you look for is size and length. This program needs to recruit some scorers and guys that can shoot the damn ball too.

Is it me or does it seem like we've gotten away from recruiting scorers
the past 5 or so years.

I hate saying this, but this is what you get when your top recruiting attribute you look for is size and length. This program needs to recruit some scorers and guys that can shoot the damn ball too.

Is it me or does it seem like we've gotten away from recruiting scorers
the past 5 or so years.

We have some. Cooney is a shooter. This was only his first year of real play, and despite the ups and downs, he made 90 threes for us this year and shot 37.5%. We all know he's better than that, too. I think McNamara only shot that high a percentage once in 4 years.

B.J. Johnson is a shooter, and we have 2 kids in the next class who are shooters, Malachi and Lydon. We'll be fine. JB just has to go a little deeper into his bench than he did this year.

The previous 3 years or so, he's played an extra man or two compared to this season, and the thing we were lacking was that guy off the bench to give us an offensive boost. I think Boeheim got caught up in the streak, didn't want to risk a loss so he underplayed the frosh. (So many close games gave them fewer opportunities, too ...). So we wound up with a team of guys who hit the wall at the end of the season.

We have some. Cooney is a shooter. This was only his first year of real play, and despite the ups and downs, he made 90 threes for us this year and shot 37.5%. We all know he's better than that, too. I think McNamara only shot that high a percentage once in 4 years.

B.J. Johnson is a shooter, and we have 2 kids in the next class who are shooters, Malachi and Lydon. We'll be fine. JB just has to go a little deeper into his bench than he did this year.

The previous 3 years or so, he's played an extra man or two compared to this season, and the thing we were lacking was that guy off the bench to give us an offensive boost. I think Boeheim got caught up in the streak, didn't want to risk a loss so he underplayed the frosh. (So many close games gave them fewer opportunities, too ...). So we wound up with a team of guys who hit the wall at the end of the season.
Cooney has the reputation of a shooter. His career game performance doesn't support him as a shooter, unless the definition is simply "one who shoots" and not "one who makes shots"

Cooney 25% in ACC games. He was exposed against opponents with better athleticism. It wasn't just a slump.

We need a Lawrence Moten or Preston Shumpert on this team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom