One Piece of Good News | Syracusefan.com

One Piece of Good News

also SU has a four game lead on 10th place BC with 3 to go, so the Orangemen won't be playing on the dreadful Tuesday of the ACCT. If that tourney started tomorrow SU is the 6 seed playing the winner of the U and Pitt.

The bright side is the last 3 games we've looked better. A big win vs. Lville and competitive games vs Top 5 teams Duke and NC that we could have conceivably stole both. Maybe we are trending up and go 3-0, 2-1 in last 3.

The bright side is the last 3 games we've looked better. A big win vs. Lville and competitive games vs Top 5 teams Duke and NC that we could have conceivably stole both. Maybe we are trending up and go 3-0, 2-1 in last 3.

I think I’ve seen flashes of things that could make us a contender.

-Mareks improved play
-Hughes hitting some shots again
-Oshae’s play on the inside

Just have to get it consistently and for a full game.

I think I’ve seen flashes of things that could make us a contender.

-Mareks improved play
-Hughes hitting some shots again
-Oshae’s play on the inside

Just have to get it consistently and for a full game.
This. That’s what we can take away. We need Hughes to show up for a full game and not just a half. We also need our wings to rebound much better and for the love of god make free throws at a respectable clip and not commit dumb fouls so far away from the hoop. Looking at marek and chewy in particular.

Those two guys need to do a much better job of recognizing when they can get an off rebound and when they can’t.

also SU has a four game lead on 10th place BC with 3 to go, so the Orangemen won't be playing on the dreadful Tuesday of the ACCT. If that tourney started tomorrow SU is the 6 seed playing the winner of the U and Pitt.
I just want to avoid the dreaded 8/9 noon game.

Wake, another program confused as to why it’s looking forward to football already

I believe the 6 seed plays in the night games so that's good for us day workers

6 or 7 seeds will accomplish that. Slip to the 8 vs. noine and it's Noon. Somehow rise to the 4/5 seed its roughly 2:30 starts for Wed/Thurs.

I just want to avoid the dreaded 8/9 noon game.

Here's the current records and remaining schedules of current teams 6 - noine

6. SU (9-6) @Wake, UVA, at Clemson
7. L'Ville (9-6) @BC, ND, @UVA
8. NC St. (8-7) @FSU, GT, @BC
9. Clemson (6-8) @Pitt, UNC, @ND, Syracuse

SU owns tiebreaker vs. L'ville and loses tiebreaker with NC St. With those remaining schedules one plausible scenario is SU goes 1-2, L'ville goes 2-1, and NC St. goes 2-1. That gets L'ville to 11-7, NC St. to 10-8 and Cuse to 10-8, which would give tiebreaker to wolfpack and SU finishes 8th. If SU finishes 2-1 they won't need any help to stay out of 8/noine game.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom