one play from last night. | Syracusefan.com

one play from last night.

upperdeck

Living Legend
I could have sworn on one of the late loose ball scrums that the Cal player was laying out of bounds and the ball went off his foot, they finally recovered and got a TO. Watched on replay and thought so as well? was I dreaming it or too much Copperfield lately?

Correct. Cal player was sitting out of bounds with his foot facing in bounds and it touched his foot and bounced back into play. Cal kept possession.

I could have sworn on one of the late loose ball scrums that the Cal player was laying out of bounds and the ball went off his foot, they finally recovered and got a TO. Watched on replay and thought so as well? was I dreaming it or too much Copperfield lately?

Was screaming at the TV when that happened. They show the slow motion replay, it's clear, and the announcers say absolutely nothing about it other than the "hustle" by the Cal players.

Plus when they show him calling the timeout, half of his body is out of bounds while he is calling it. So 2 times they blew it there. And the ref is standing right on top of him. And obvioulsy the ref has to be looking at him while half of his body is inbounds and half of his body is out of bounds to see his little hands go into the time out motion. S, Mr. Ref if you can see the hands how can you not see the body??? I think they should all have eye exams before every game.

It washes out the turnover we got a play or two earlier when the ball clearly hit out of bounds before Dirty "saved" it.

The real problem with that play is that it was example #2 last night, and example # (I can't count that high) of Brandon Triche not diving for a loose ball.

Dude needs to get after it. Seriously.

i could be wrong but i dont think it was the player who got the ball in that scrum was the person the official granted the timeout for it was either the coach or a player near there bench

i could be wrong but i dont think it was the player who got the ball in that scrum was the person the official granted the timeout for it was either the coach or a player near there bench
Well in the replays they show the guy on the floor calling the time out, but maybe it was someone else they noticed.. cause not plausible that they see him calling the timeout and not his body out of bounds.

That absolutely happened. In fact it happened twice on that play. It bounced off his foot while he was laying out of bounds and then the guy grabbed it and was awarded a timeout while fully half of his torso was out of bounds. Nobody questions such calls against Syracuse or for Ohio State. If calls like that (or even remotely questionable) happen in favor of Syracuse, then you get the UNC-Asheville effect, where the entire sports universe comes out to condemn Syracuse with Zapruder film level breakdowns of how we are cheating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom