One reason Slashton should be at QB this year | Syracusefan.com

One reason Slashton should be at QB this year

SU2NASA

All American
He's the biggest playmaker this team has, and is the future at QB.

If you disagree, you're wrong.

There you have it. Wrap it up.

Let's just put all the forthcoming Chuck Norris jokes in this thread and sticky it to the top.

Thats your opinion, i dont necessarily agree with you. I guess i'm wrong.

How about Ryan Nassib is miles ahead of him and he is a college freshman?
Or why don't you just post this again:

we-are-all-witnesses-lebron-james-546522_1024_768.jpg.jpg

Whoops wrong one. Oh well.

Playmaker with his legs- maybe.

With his arm? No chance.

I don't want the starting QB to lack any throwing abilities- especially in the current offense.

The World's Most Interesting Man learned the freeze option from Ashton Broyld...

I said this year. Next year i think that Hunt will win the job but Flash me be the guy

Playmaker with his legs- maybe.

With his arm? No chance.

I don't want the starting QB to lack any throwing abilities- especially in the current offense.

Thats the big question. Does this current O with this current OL give us the best chance at winning vs going Denard Robinson with either Hunt or Broyld? Robinson averaged less than 20 passes per game last year BTW.

So he is our best playmaker after a spring practice? Some people on here must be hazed over from 4/20 because Broyld is nowhere near our best QB or playmaker. I would trust PTG, Smith, Lemon, Sales, and Nassib long before I hand over the keys to Broyld. This is just an idiotic post and I knew these ridiculous expectations would happen when everybody found out he was playing in spring practice.

So he is our best playmaker after a spring practice? Some people on here must be hazed over from 4/20 because Broyld is nowhere near our best QB or playmaker. I would trust PTG, Smith, Lemon, Sales, and Nassib long before I hand over the keys to Broyld. This is just an idiotic post and I knew these ridiculous expectations would happen when everybody found out he was playing in spring practice.
I have a feeling he will make more of a impact then Lemon the others I can't disagree with.

I have a feeling he will make more of a impact then Lemon the others I can't disagree with.
Lemon and Sales will both go over 800 yards receiving this year. I only see Broyld getting a few touches a game if he even plays. Lemon is our top playmaker returning from last year's team. He's a kid that will be playing on Sunday's in the league.

All this from a screen pass in a spring game.
Umm dude you must have missed the following, it was a tad more than "a pass in a spring game." Seen this kid play numerous times the last time up close field level for quite a while especially pregame. My Hamilton college roomate is out at Troy high quite connected in and with football and when they played his team and won the NYS HS championship 2 years ago I was able to focus and watch this kid extensively....from 5 feet away in pregame.

The coaches and the rest of us agreed he's the best we've ever seen up close and personal. Paying specific attention to him I watched him throw with velocity, with touch, on the run, in the pocket (his least effective area). Watched him throw every type pass imaginable well to excellently. From drags, outs and digs both short and intermediate, short slants and wheel routes, longer fades, slants, posts, corner routes, streaks/bomb (in the game), and flag routes. You name it he threw them all I assume knowing he was being watched and judged. Some in game, some in pregame warm ups. Wasn't one throw he couldn't make at least competently. Unless theres been some sort of dramatic regression maybe from bulking up too much, I'm not getting it.

Now granted a lot of those throws weren't in game conditions and I know people say it's just HS, but having been around this game in some capacity for years and years, still connected to coaches at all levels Div. 3 right to div. 1 I have a pretty good feel on what to look for and make a determination if I kid has skills that can translate to the next level. If he doesn't pan out at QB up here it won't be because he can't make throws.

Lemon and Sales will both go over 800 yards receiving this year. I only see Broyld getting a few touches a game if he even plays. Lemon is our top playmaker returning from last year's team. He's a kid that will be playing on Sunday's in the league.
Lemon is not good enough to play in the league maybe the 85 everyone can start with at best. That's about as bad as people saying Nassib was a 3rd rounder

Why do you waste time on an online board? With your arrogance and expertise at evaluating future potential, you should work for the NFL.

My fellow Ham-Tech alum, I'm praying Broyld is McNabb v2.0. It's not that he can't make throws, he can. However, his throwing motion makes him about 3 inches shorter than he is, and his delivery is extremely slow right now. Now many quirky throwing motions are successful (Rivers, Kosar, Warner) but all the successful ones had an extremely quick release. At this level, it's going to need to get quicker.

I think people need to temper expectations a bit on Broyld -- he's going to be an asset wherever he plays here. But this reminds me a bit of the Paul Harris hype coming in. Sure he didn't have a great jumpshot, but "he could will them in" and "there's no one else I'd rather take the last shot." I also think people are underestimating Hunt's ability. Hunt is every bit the athlete Broyld is, and at this point has a better arm. This isn't exactly a bad problem to have.

I know you you have be around the game a while, you own half of our defensive records! But don't you forget, you gave me a pep talk my senior year before homecoming and I only went out with two picks, a sack, and a forced fumble, so there!

Lemon is not good enough to play in the league maybe the 85 everyone can start with at best. That's about as bad as people saying Nassib was a 3rd rounder
He is a prototypical number 3 guy in the league with great hands, above average speed (he runs around 4.49, 5.0), and is a good route runner with decent size. This kid will play in the league, and so will Nassib.

My fellow Ham-Tech alum, I'm praying Broyld is McNabb v2.0. It's not that he can't make throws, he can. However, his throwing motion makes him about 3 inches shorter than he is, and his delivery is extremely slow right now. Now many quirky throwing motions are successful (Rivers, Kosar, Warner) but all the successful ones had an extremely quick release. At this level, it's going to need to get quicker.

I think people need to temper expectations a bit on Broyld -- he's going to be an asset wherever he plays here. But this reminds me a bit of the Paul Harris hype coming in. Sure he didn't have a great jumpshot, but "he could will them in" and "there's no one else I'd rather take the last shot." I also think people are underestimating Hunt's ability. Hunt is every bit the athlete Broyld is, and at this point has a better arm. This isn't exactly a bad problem to have.

I know you you have be around the game a while, you own half of our defensive records! But don't you forget, you gave me a pep talk my senior year before homecoming and I only went out with two picks, a sack, and a forced fumble, so there!
Yep I remember that Knute Rockne speech I gave...I think it willed us to a 40-10 defeat that day rivaling the "dial a score" games from our 0-9 freshman season!

Seriously though I hear ya on that analysis and agree and mentioned above his weakness is certainly in pocket throws. If we stay with the same offensive philosophy than there's no question that he'll be deficient as a pocket passer for the reasons you point out.

As Tomcat and I were discussing if he does have a chance and they're going to give him a chance it'll have to be wholesale changes on our offensive approach to hide and minimize those very real deficiencies throwing more times than not out of the pocket, on the run and while creating. I know from a conventional perspective that sounds crazy, but this kid has crazy talent that might warrant that and giving it a go. Emphasize might.

Very curious on Hunt as so many are very high on him but I literally haven't seen him throw yet, and we may very have a McNabb/Johnson situation up here again with the only thing to be decided is who is McNabb and who is Johnson. Stay tuned.

He is a prototypical number 3 guy in the league with great hands, above average speed (he runs around 4.49, 5.0), and is a good route runner with decent size. This kid will play in the league, and so will Nassib.

WR are a dime a dozen in the NFL and let's face it we are far from receiver U over the last 10 years. Texas Tech has a guy like Lemon in the slot every year come out of that program that don't go to the league (minus Welker). Anyways the next draft date will tell but there is no way possible he sticks with a team. As far 4.5 40 (if that’s even electronically timed) goes that's not going to wow anyone in the NFL so his route running better be great. Feel free to look at the combine numbers for WR that ran a 4.4 or under and tell me a 4.5 is going to make a NFL difference for him
Travis Benjamin 4.36
Michael Floyd 4.47
Chris Givens 4.41
T.J. Graham 4.41
Stephen Hill 4.36
A.J. Jenkins 4.39
Marv Jones 4.46
Keshawn Martin 4.45
Kashif Moore 4.42
Chris Owusu 4.36
Tommy Streeter 4.4
Kendall Wright 4.42
Devon Wylie 4.39
So if his time is a 4.6 or slower at that combine he can bank on not even getting drafted

WR are a dime a dozen in the NFL and let's face it we are far from receiver U over the last 10 years. Texas Tech has a guy like Lemon in the slot every year come out of that program that don't go to the league (minus Welker). Anyways the next draft date will tell but there is no way possible he sticks with a team. As far 4.5 40 (if that’s even electronically timed) goes that's not going to wow anyone in the NFL so his route running better be great. Feel free to look at the combine numbers for WR that ran a 4.4 or under and tell me a 4.5 is going to make a NFL difference for him
Travis Benjamin 4.36
Michael Floyd 4.47
Chris Givens 4.41
T.J. Graham 4.41
Stephen Hill 4.36
A.J. Jenkins 4.39
Marv Jones 4.46
Keshawn Martin 4.45
Kashif Moore 4.42
Chris Owusu 4.36
Tommy Streeter 4.4
Kendall Wright 4.42
Devon Wylie 4.39
So if his time is a 4.6 or slower at that combine he can bank on not even getting drafted
I'm not saying he has great speed, but his speed is not going to hurt him by any means. Lemon has been a consistent contributor through his first three years, and will have a very good this year drawing the number 2 DB. Speed is not everything in the NFL, if it was then Larry Fitzgerald would be out of a job. Obviously Lemon isn't in Fitzgerald's league but he will stay in the league as that reliable short yardage receiver that will move the sticks.

I'm not saying he has great speed, but his speed is not going to hurt him by any means. Lemon has been a consistent contributor through his first three years, and will have a very good this year drawing the number 2 DB. Speed is not everything in the NFL, if it was then Larry Fitzgerald would be out of a job. Obviously Lemon isn't in Fitzgerald's league but he will stay in the league as that reliable short yardage receiver that will move the sticks.
I think your orange color glasses are getting the best out of you today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom