One thing is for sure...at the end of this investigation... | Syracusefan.com

One thing is for sure...at the end of this investigation...

Jake

Mod
either Jim Boeheim or Mark Schwartz is gonna get fired...both have moved their chips to the center of the table.

I honestly think no matter what, we've seen the last of Bernie on the sidelines...sadly.

either Jim Boeheim or Mark Schwartz is gonna get fired...both have moved their chips to the center of the table.

I honestly think no matter what, we've seen the last of Bernie on the sidelines...sadly.
jake what if it never gets proven or disproven?

I think at the end of the day, it will be a draw. No clear winner. If Schwartz doesn't have more by mid-week next week, he will crawl out of syracuse. His role might be diminished at espn until he leaves. If more victims come out, JB is in big trouble but it is possible he could survive. As for Bernie, he will never coach here again.

I know I wouldn't want my reputation and career resting on the alleged stories of those two bozos, nor the female who provided absolutely no substance or credibility to any of these allegations. Yikes.

If this stuff is untrue, and as you say, Bernie does not return...I wonder if we have seen the last of JB.

I doubt JB will let this turd dictate the when and how of his departure from SU. If more victims come forth, it will probably be out of his hands, but if not - no way he leaves over this.

If this stuff is untrue, and as you say, Bernie does not return...I wonder if we have seen the last of JB.

if Fine is done, so is JB. after going this far out on a limb, no way he settles for Fine getting quietly pushed out the door while he continues coaching.

Sportcenter already put a different reporter in Syracuse ... Schwartz is done!

Agreed, schwartz is turning over every stone possible right now, I think that if the old girlfriend is his best then fine will be fine

if Fine is done, so is JB. after going this far out on a limb, no way he settles for Fine getting quietly pushed out the door while he continues coaching.
As I have said before, bernie is guilty ... if innocent he is guilty. After everything dies out he will tender his resignation for the sake of the University and the program. JB will have to sadly accept his resignation. These 2 clowns have ruined the life and career of BF ... if he is innocent (99% sure he is ...) he will be guilty in the eyes of too many and could become a lightning rod.

Agreed, schwartz is turning over every stone possible right now, I think that if the old girlfriend is his best then fine will be fine
What do you mean more victims, right now there are only alleged victims.

Really!! They may be slowly ... very slowly... trying to move out of this situation. I think that they realize they have little credibility and no other corroboration ... they may have kicked the proverbial hornet's nest... but don't think that they will backoff the story ... too much at stake relative to their own credibility.

Bernie is still fried.

The PSU investigation took 3 YEARS. If the Onondaga D.A. conducts a thorough investigation, as they claim they will, it could take a good while. They are on day 1. Couple that with the distraction factor that Bernie would pose at away games and his chances of coaching again look poor.

I almost fell over this am when i heard this, I guess the news is slwo out here in CO, but they were even leading it on the local morning news. My 13 year old heard Syracuse and was just as shocked as I. It wasn't an easy explanation.

And it does seem true that unless they somehow clear Bernie's name in such a manner as to leave no doubt about his innocence, like catching these guys in some text message stating how they planned to lie for fame and money, that he will be marked by this. Will he never coach again at SU, I have no way to predict that without seeing facts. As I have no way to predict whether this was true or not without facts. I don't want the allegations to be true as I've always looked up to Bernie from a distance. But if they are than he desrves what everthe punishment is for such crimes. And if they aren't those 2 people bring the charges desrve just as much punishment for ruining this mans life, IMO. Some of this may never happen in ths world unfortunately.

In my opinion:

If it can be proved that these two step-brothers are out to make a buck, this issue goes away very quickly AND Bernie resumes his spot on the SU bench. Based on what I've read on this board and how those the interviews with the accusers went down, I think it's likely that they will be exposed as frauds.

If exonerated, I don't believe Nancy Cantor, Daryl Gross, Jim Boeheim and others will let Bernie be thrown under the bus and forced to retire. I could see the administrators and trustees taking a stand and supporting their colleague.

Yes there's much at stake for the University and the basketball program to take that stance, but it's a man's livelihood on the line and I don't see them raking Bernie over the coals.

The right combination of Crisis PR management and lawyers can do wonders. Support from public figures such as Boeheim, Seikaly, Howard Triche, Tim Welsh, etc will go a long way.

Don't count Bernie out yet and let's give him his due process.

Wonder if these victims would be willing to take 3-4 million and run from ESPN.

Totally agree. If found guilty JB looks like a total fool and can never rebound from defending a child predator who sat next to him for all of these years. Remove his name from the Dome floor and he goes out in shame. BUT, if Bernie is found innocent ESPN might have to fire Schwartz over this. You can be wrong on a story, small petty story's about general everyday sports world stuff. You can't be wrong in saying someone was abusing children for 15+ years and be steadfast in your stance.

TJ Quinn.

It looks like he just got there and is still trying to figure out what's going on. I wonder if we'll see Schwartz again.

I said this to my wife as soon as I heard the news. He's done. Sad, either way.

Hmmm. I don't see ESPN moving away from this in a search of their web site.
Anyway, their consultant PHD Robert Shoop gives the impression that few if any allegations are false. He goes on to say that incidents like PSU very likely causes the wounds of yesterday to rise to the surface and therefore Davis and Langs allegations could have been triggered by those events. He says many cases get proved or disproved but many dont get resolved either way. The legal consultant said that in NY the criminal SOL is 5 years and the civil SOL is 3 years so they cant be going after money.Shoop goes on to say that many false allegations are dropped once the alledged victims are told that if they take an oath and are found to lie the penalties are severe. So if no criminal charges or civil suit can be brought, how can these two yahoos be placed under oath?? I think that this is going to end up with a he said- they said and not proven either way. Bernie Fine loses, SU loses, and some number of people will think that these poor misfits were victims of a pervert. ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom