One thing that makes this team exceptional | Syracusefan.com

One thing that makes this team exceptional

RF2044

Living Legend
And no, it's not just the talent... or the superlative lead guard play... or the versatility of our forwards... or the zone defense.

The thing that makes this team exceptional--and indeed takes them to the next level--is their poise. Unflappable. They never get nervous, even when they're down. They've played in tough games and don't panic--they know that they can overcome.

Oh, and also because of the talent, the superlative lead guard play, and the versatility of our forwards, and the zone!

This team is special. You can feel the momentum building!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I have extreme confidence in this team when it comes to closing out games. Absolutely amazing down the stretch. It's not a coincidence that our point guard just doesn't turn the ball over down the stretch.

Special special team.

RF2044 said:
And no, it's not just the talent... or the superlative lead guard play... or the versatility of our forwards... or the zone defense. The thing that makes this team exceptional--and indeed takes them to the next level--is their poise. Unflappable. They never get nervous, even when they're down. They've played in tough games and don't panic--they know that they can overcome. Oh, and also because of the talent, the superlative lead guard play, and the versatility of our forwards, and the zone! This team is special. You can feel the momentum building! Let's Go Orange!!!

You look back on the game and it was truly a team win. Sure Ennis and CJ did it in the end but the team pulling together got it done.
As JB said a few weeks ago, this team has resolve. They truly are a very special group of young men.

JUST AWESOME.

Yep our teams might pack in other seasons half way through the second half when Patterson hits a 27'er to take a 9 point lead and nothing is going their way. Not this team Cooney gets a 3 then we battle back to keep it at 6 and 4 for a long time. Then it looks bad again and CJ comes up huge. Then Ennis.

Its funny... I kept texting family and buddies throughout the game and I kept saying. "I still think we win." ... Somehow with 4.4 left and a slim to none chance of winning I still believed. This team is special and Tyler is a living legend.

Cohesive unit. No finger pointing, no yelling at each other. Even when guys make mistakes, it looks like the others try to pick them up.

Good point. At the very beginning of the game, when Tyler threw the bad pass that led to a turnover, as they set up for D Cooney gave him a low five. Each trying to pick the others up.

And then the questions of "best SU team ever" and "best SU point guard" start to become more difficult to answer.

At some point (if not already), the way we close has got to get into the heads of our opponents.
If you want to beat us you have to be up 4 with time running out.

Its funny... I kept texting family and buddies throughout the game and I kept saying. "I still think we win." ... Somehow with 4.4 left and a slim to none chance of winning I still believed. This team is special and Tyler is a living legend.

I was out at the bar with some co-workers, none of whom are SU fans. One of them said to me with 4.4 seconds "it's not looking good."

My response? "I have faith."

Right after I said that we inbounded and the entire place erupted. And I'm not even in NY right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom