One thing that needs to change... | Syracusefan.com

One thing that needs to change...

SUOrange44

Scout Team
The way that instant replays are dealt with at The Carrier Dome and, presumably, the other Big East venues. In today's day and age, stadiums and events are working to make the at-the-game experience as good as it is at home.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason a throng of fans needs to be craning their necks to look into the luxury boxes to see if they can get a glance at a TV for replays on critical calls.

Look...I get it. You do not want to incite a "crowd" by potentially focusing on a bad call by an official. Fine. However, if a play is under review, you should not be penalized for being at the game and limited, essentially, to a single look until a determination is made.

Tonight was one of those where there were some critical calls that were reviewed and, I believe, all were upheld.

Takes away from the experience. Would have been psyched to see some of the plays over and over (particularly Chew's play) and get the crowd reaction.

Great win for The Orange tonight. No other way to see it as it has been a long time since they have been able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

SUOrange44

Yes exactly!! I wonder why we PAY MONEY to get less product than people at home in regards to the replay. If they are that worried about fans erupting at a bad call they should give the ushers M16s. Fricking STUPID policy - completely inane and a slap in the face to the people who actually paid to go to the game and buy food & drinks there.

And technically there is no RULE that says we can't show replays. The schools are "asked" not to do it. If we chose to show the replays we would not be fined or penalized. This is something people don't understand when they say "Syracuse isn't allowed to show replays" Simply not true.

The way that instant replays are dealt with at The Carrier Dome and, presumably, the other Big East venues. In today's day and age, stadiums and events are working to make the at-the-game experience as good as it is at home.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason a throng of fans needs to be craning their necks to look into the luxury boxes to see if they can get a glance at a TV for replays on critical calls.

Look...I get it. You do not want to incite a "crowd" by potentially focusing on a bad call by an official. Fine. However, if a play is under review, you should not be penalized for being at the game and limited, essentially, to a single look until a determination is made.

Tonight was one of those where there were some critical calls that were reviewed and, I believe, all were upheld.

Takes away from the experience. Would have been psyched to see some of the plays over and over (particularly Chew's play) and get the crowd reaction.

Great win for The Orange tonight. No other way to see it as it has been a long time since they have been able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

SUOrange44

No sports teams do it as far as I have seen...including MLB, college hoops, NFL, etc.

I have seen several places show replays of stuff that SU would never do.

I have seen several places show replays of stuff that SU would never do.

Yup. Ive been to lots of games where controversial replays are shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom