One thing that worries me is what are the goals now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One thing that worries me is what are the goals now?

I mean you were expecting a 10 point plus win? Stanford always will have athletes...the Stanford Coach won at Sacramento State...Good X and O's guy...McCord's second pick should have never happened...
At home. Yes.

If we can’t expect to win this game, we have no chance on the road, let alone a Miami type at home. We should just sign up for a 500 season

So, expecting to beat the team picked to finish dead last in the ACC on your home field is too much now? Holy F!

Yeah that’s the thing - if you slip up vs NCSt or even at UNLV it’s one thing. But home vs Stanford is a cannonball shot through the row boat. Not just because of the result but also because of the red flags. The school and supporters of the program have thrown a lot of $$ towards football and no way around the fact that results matter in both the short term as well as the long term if you are going to be aggressive with your investments.

I mean you were expecting a 10 point plus win? Stanford always will have athletes...the Stanford Coach won at Sacramento State...Good X and O's guy...McCord's second pick should have never happened...

Credit where credit is due. The Stanford coach really stuck it to Cuse going for it on 4th and 1 deep in his own territory. He called a fantastic game given the talent he had.

In what f-ing world did anyone ever think this team was even close to a playoff team? The goal is 6-8 wins.
Honestly, the goal for the season is to keep McCord upright, and a decent bowl game...Friday games look like they're favoring the visitors tonight...San Jose State which is a glorified Oswego State as a teacher's college (I'm an alum and can make this joke) went into Pullman, and is beating Wazzu at the end of the third quarter...Nebraska lost to f-ing Illinois in OT by a TD...Stanford rolled into here on Wednesday, and I believe they practiced at CBA Thursday...Felt like a 430 PM game for them...Gotta remember, these guys are 18-23,24 years old...Gadsen was off tonight. Could go, on and on...Just win this week and beat the pulp out of Holy Cross...

I have to remember what my goal was as a fan when we hired Fran, which was to make another bowl. Three in a row.

But then when I saw what he did with recruiting and the portal my expectations jumped, like NY6/ playoff jump.

We will still bowl, hopefully a real nice one.

Everyone now knows how to beat us. Pressure McCord and don't worry about our run game because we apparently don't have one.
Our secondary is weak.
We have a long way to go.
Yeah I think people are going to come at McCord hard all season. One we can't block it, two he can't avoid pressure, and three he definitely feels it. That said he struggled last night. Numbers don't look bad and receivers didn't help on some plays, but he wasn't great.

Yeah I think people are going to come at McCord hard all season. One we can't block it, two he can't avoid pressure, and three he definitely feels it. That said he struggled last night. Numbers don't look bad and receivers didn't help on some plays, but he wasn't great.
He avoids pressure better than anyone we have had by getting the ball out. I know that's not what you meant, and I agree he is not especially mobile. But you can't get sacked when the ball is already thrown

Goal is to do whatever it takes to keep building momentum in recruiting and in the portal. And whatever it takes to drum up more support for NIL. We likely need to get to 8 wins or fran’s magic potion will poof.

And I think what’s so devastating is many no longer see a path to 8 wins.

He avoids pressure better than anyone we have had by getting the ball out. I know that's not what you meant, and I agree he is not especially mobile. But you can't get sacked when the ball is already thrown
The down side is the route tree becomes easier to defend when you know it’s all quick hitters.

There were several throws where you could tell he was missing that connection with Haynes. Was it reported what happened to him? That was a big personnel loss in hindsight.

Win week to week. 1 game at a time. Winning cures all.

Keep the recruiting message hot, or warm, whatever it is right now. Getting to 4-0, top 25, etc would have maintained the bubble. We should be worried it might pop. Or, maybe Fran can keep it going regardless.

Recognize & rectify the flaws, among players, & ... coaches. Players cannot block, tackle, cover, be consistent,. Coaches outcoached. Will Fran deal w the coaching problems?

The CFP stuff that most of us were tantalized by at one point is gone, obviously.

Who said anything about a "10 point + win"? I certainly didn't, but I was expecting a win if we're any good. Do we not have "athletes"? Maybe we can somehow schedule a slate completely devoid of "athletes." Maybe that'll work.

The downside is that he throws a lot of dangerous balls which caught up to him last night. He had a few near interceptions in the first two games as well. Part of the deal i guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom