OOC Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OOC Schedule

We have a much better record against ND.

Based on "doing nothing for us" argument we shouldn't play UCONN, Army, etc.

We are talking about the University of FREAKING South Florida! Stop blaming scheduling.

You continually dismissing USF because of their name/history is proving my point.

We should be scheduling ourselves to 4-0 OOC as much as possible right now. The difference with teams we should be scheduling is that we should actually consistently beat those teams...USF beats us like a drum and if we do knock them off it doesn't register with most even though it would actually be a very good win.

UConn is pointless too.

You continually dismissing USF because of their name/history is proving my point.

We should be scheduling ourselves to 4-0 OOC as much as possible right now. The difference with teams we should be scheduling is that we should actually consistently beat those teams...USF beats us like a drum and if we do knock them off it doesn't register with most even though it would actually be a very good win.

UConn is pointless too.
We have to play Clemson, Louisville and FSU every year. Anyone who thinks we need to do anymore than what you just said has no clue how to build a program.

UConn is pointless too.
I don't disagree, at all, and agree with you. but I'm tired of everyone always coming up with excuses for not winning besides the fact that we haven't played good football.

Stop blaming things that aren't in the field.

These games are stupid. Buffalo, Army, UMass, Yukon exist for our OOC schedule.

Agree and I have been beating this drum for years and on this board for years I am sure you can dig up the posts. I wouldn't even schedule UCONN...I mean why? What do we gain? Helps them more than it helps us!

Look, if we can face reality that we are one of the worst 3 teams in the ACC for football, then why play USF and UCONN (forget about, ND, LSU, Wisconsin...save that debate for another day).

USF and UCONN are on our level. It makes zero sense for us to add essentially 2 more "conference type" games. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing the likes of USF and UCONN.

I mean Alabama scheduled Kent St, W.Kentucky, and Chattanooga. Clemson schedules Troy and South Carolina St and if they weren't forced to play South Carolina they would schedule a 3rd cupcake for sure.

Syracuse's AD and coaches need to face the facts, schedule wins. Syracuse should have Buffalo, Colgate, and Ball St or something along those lines on their OOC schedule every year. Not like playing USF today packed the house. The same die-hards show up anyway these days so ya might as well schedule a win!

SU football is in an endless cycle of losing they won't get out of until they pad the schedule with total cupcakes OOC wise. The current system isn't working!

USF...UCONN they are on our level. They might not be in a P5 conference but so what, they are on our level. We are over-scheduling too much. If there was a way to get out of that Wisconsin contract I would pay whatever it took to break that deal. I mean Buffalo lost to Albany in football 2 weeks ago, I didn't even know Albany had a team (but since they do we should look into scheduling them too.) I mean SU could have Buffalo, Albany, Army and add 1 more cupcake (Ball St, Cent Michigan, any school from the MAC) and we should be perfectly happy.

Not like we aren't gonna get tested in the ACC with Clemson, FSU, and now L'ville turning into a perennial powerhouse year in and year out.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of a strong OCC schedule. At this point I'm starting to lean the other way(at least after I get to LSU next year).

Winning is something that needs to be learned. This program needs some easy wins. Get used to the feel, and then start expecting to win no matter the opponent. The mental game is huge, and scheduling appropriately would support this aspect during the rebuilding process.

hopefully we have an easy fcs team lined up to start next year.

Here's something not mentioned; every time the team plays a tough opponent, the kids take a literal physical pounding. That pounding adds up. Think of "cream puff" OOC games as a "pseudo-bye" week.

Agree and I have been beating this drum for years and on this board for years I am sure you can dig up the posts. I wouldn't even schedule UCONN...I mean why? What do we gain? Helps them more than it helps us!

Look, if we can face reality that we are one of the worst 3 teams in the ACC for football, then why play USF and UCONN (forget about, ND, LSU, Wisconsin...save that debate for another day).

USF and UCONN are on our level. It makes zero sense for us to add essentially 2 more "conference type" games. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing the likes of USF and UCONN.

I mean Alabama scheduled Kent St, W.Kentucky, and Chattanooga. Clemson schedules Troy and South Carolina St and if they weren't forced to play South Carolina they would schedule a 3rd cupcake for sure.

Syracuse's AD and coaches need to face the facts, schedule wins. Syracuse should have Buffalo, Colgate, and Ball St or something along those lines on their OOC schedule every year. Not like playing USF today packed the house. The same die-hards show up anyway these days so ya might as well schedule a win!

SU football is in an endless cycle of losing they won't get out of until they pad the schedule with total cupcakes OOC wise. The current system isn't working!

USF...UCONN they are on our level. They might not be in a P5 conference but so what, they are on our level. We are over-scheduling too much. If there was a way to get out of that Wisconsin contract I would pay whatever it took to break that deal. I mean Buffalo lost to Albany in football 2 weeks ago, I didn't even know Albany had a team (but since they do we should look into scheduling them too.) I mean SU could have Buffalo, Albany, Army and add 1 more cupcake (Ball St, Cent Michigan, any school from the MAC) and we should be perfectly happy.

Not like we aren't gonna get tested in the ACC with Clemson, FSU, and now L'ville turning into a perennial powerhouse year in and year out.
What does playing Wisconsin give us other than a big fat L...

Take the money set aside to renovate the dome and build a basketball only arena. Football is dead. The recruits aren't coming back, the wins aren't coming back, and the fans aren't coming back. It's over. Invest in the hoops program.

Take the money set aside to renovate the dome and build a basketball only arena. Football is dead. The recruits aren't coming back, the wins aren't coming back, and the fans aren't coming back. It's over.

Over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Germans? Pearl Harbor?

What does playing Wisconsin give us other than a big fat L...
1 p5 non conference and maybe 2 are required by acc starting next year or the year after

1 p5 non conference and maybe 2 are required by acc starting next year or the year after

Then schedule Kansas and Purdue. Stay away from LSU and Wisconsin

Schedule talk cracks me up. It's always viewed from the perspective of what we get out of it and that's the guiding rationale for whatever we should do.

Which totally works, if not for the fact that the other program has to get something out of the deal too.

USF was lousy when we scheduled them. Would I rather play Florida Atlantic? Yes. But I won't kill them for scheduling USF. I will kill them for scheduling LSU and Wisconsin. All that being said this team is really really bad. We could go 1-11, it is that bad.

These games are stupid. Buffalo, Army, UMass, Yukon exist for our OOC schedule.
Please. South Florida had just come off a 3-9 season in the big east and then a 2-10 season in the aac when this series was announced. I remember most on this board thought it was a great addition to the schedule for two years

When Babers cleaned house he should've canned Herm as well.
Good one. Except that Herm's previous relationship with Dino was one of the reasons that he even considered SU when teams were courting him at the end of last season

Please. South Florida had just come off a 3-9 season in the big east and then a 2-10 season in the aac when this series was announced. I remember most on this board thought it was a great addition to the schedule for two years

The board was wrong on that one. The logic that one extra game in Tampa is going to lead to a lot more recruits, doesn't fly. We had a player parent back up the scheduling problem in this thread.

We all know we are mandated to play 1 P5 but it doesn't say we have to play a perennial top 25 P5 team. Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, Kansas all have openings. The Big Ten is getting rid of I-AA games.

We shouldn't be playing top 25 OOC games.

USF had a terrible coach who left Taggert nothing. Taggert is considered the 3rd Harbaugh son the guy can recruit and coach. He had 2 terrible years because the coach before was nutjob who left the cupboard empty. Taggert has recruited better than we have while being in the AAC. They have gotten top 300 recruits while we haven't.
This series was dumb. First off we scheduled the game in FL the same year we played at Florida State that was stupid. We should have had 1 FL each year and we played them when their new coach's recruits were rSO, Jrs, and rJrs. Thus, the staff was getting their athletes thru the program. We shouldn't play AAC teams in talent rich areas. They are more peer games than gimmes. Playing chitty AAC teams or MAC/Sun Belt teams should be the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom