Opinion: 34,616 > 35,012 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Opinion: 34,616 > 35,012

Disagree. The Dome was crazy loud more than just for James 3. But after that there were so many bad moments ans stretches, the team took our crowd out of it. As to when the attendance was announced, the cheers were different because they do it late in the game and the 2 games were totally different at that point.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I wouldn't say that's disagreeing with me. I didn't say the fans were the reason the dome was so quiet. I knew it was because of such a boring game.

Also...what happened to the stand and clap before the 1st basket? That seems to have progressively gotten worse over the years and was non existent for the 2nd half tip.

Also noticed our crowds no longer do it at away games.

I don't think the crowd had a major effect on either game. Aside from maybe scaring Taylor King back in the Nova game.

Our home court is unique and impressive, but our advantage due to it is not nearly as big as at some other places.

We will never play at Pitt and say the crowd didn't impact the game.

UNC will never play at Duke and say the crowd didn't impact the game.

Mizzou will never plat at KU and say the crowd didn't impact the game.

Our crowd is big, looks great on TV, and can impress recruits, but they are too far away from the court to really impact the game.

FWIW, I have a friend who was visiting SU for the game Sat. He came with media credentials. The guy knows his stuff and I trust his opinion always. He's been to many big time environments, mostly ACC. He thought it got pretty loud when Southerland hit that bomb but overall he wasn't blown away or anything. He just thought of course the placement of the students was bizarre, it was too cavernous an atmosphere, and just not that loud/electric in general. He hates Duke just as much as we do and felt Cole Field House (old arena), Dean Dome, Cameron, and Littlejohn (when they are good) were way more intimidating and raucous. He also said it was the worst bball game he had ever seen live and the worst offensive ineptitude he had ever seen, especially from SU. He couldn't believe the jacked shots. He really liked the SU campus, vibe, and atmosphere.

The 2010 game was a perfect storm. 9pm start time = hours and hours and hours of pre-game drinking for everyone in attendance. Also, we started the day at #4 and each of the top 3 teams lost, so we went into that game knowing that a victory would make us #1 in the country.

**Also, the 2010 team was special. Really, really great team that the fans loved.

Place was absolutely nuts. Best basketball game I've ever been to.

The 2010 game was a perfect storm. 9pm start time = hours and hours and hours of pre-game drinking for everyone in attendance. Also, we started the day at #4 and each of the top 3 teams lost, so we went into that game knowing that a victory would make us #1 in the country.

Place was absolutely nuts. Best basketball game I've ever been to.

plus gameday. plus our best team in years. perfect storm is right.

We tailgated before that game on the quad in front of the Saltine Warrior. A couple cases of Keystones, a grill, and some brats.
I had my first ever Four Loko pre-gaming for the Nova game. Good times.