Opportunity knocks | Syracusefan.com

Opportunity knocks

For Robert braswell. Step up young buck
I was just going to add the same comment. May be the most athletically gifted of our returning forwards. Time will tell.

We’re going to miss Brissett’s bulk and rebounding, but not much else. Braswell and Guerrier will make up for his scoring.

Maybe. It could very well be Hughes, Marek, and Guerrier getting the bulk of the forward minutes. And I thought Braswell did well last year.

Oshea was a good player and very well may have really taken his game up a notch as a very experienced Junior, but we still have a lot of talent and depth at forward so I’m not really worried about his loss.

I’d like to see Braswell get in the rotation. I forget what ACC game it was where he was an extremely disruptive defender, but that was awesome. I have high hopes for him.

I’d like to see Braswell get in the rotation. I forget what ACC game it was where he was an extremely disruptive defender, but that was awesome. I have high hopes for him.

Tell you what, I was present during the blowout @ NC State and I recall being pleasantly surprised with his defensive effort in limited minutes. Was a few beers deep but I recall him making a couple plays and was one of the only bright spots of that game.

Maybe someone can either confirm or check me on this.

Tell you what, I was present during the blowout @ NC State and I recall being pleasantly surprised with his defensive effort in limited minutes. Was a few beers deep but I recall him making a couple plays and was one of the only bright spots of that game.

Maybe someone can either confirm or check me on this.

That may have been it? I remember him having multiple steals and really covering a ton of ground in a hurry. He was hustling all over with no hesitation in his rotations...plus he’s tall and athletic. Loved what I saw that game.

And I vaguely remember it being a game we otherwise sucked, so that probably is the game I’m thinking of.

That may have been it? I remember him having multiple steals and really covering a ton of ground in a hurry. He was hustling all over with no hesitation in his rotations...plus he’s tall and athletic. Loved what I saw that game.

And I vaguely remember it being a game we otherwise sucked, so that probably is the game I’m thinking of.
It was the NC State game

We need someone to or its going to be a long season.

It was going to be a long season before Brissett left. Hopefully, the young guys develop enough and they keep the winning season streak alive for one more year.

I personally am excited for next year. We finally have shooting and passing that fits today’s style of ball. Isolation Battle and Brissett just didn’t do it for me.

I agree. If we can get decent center play from a pool of 4 guys, and if one of our 3 or 4 PGs (hopefully two of them) can basically run the offense, get guys open shots and not turn it over too much, then I think we might have a pretty good team. We might sneak into top 4 ACC in 2020, and be very good the year after, when Buddy's a junior, Hughes will be a senior, and everybody will have another year of experience in the system.

if the Carey/Goodline/JG3 group plays better than the QG/Braswell/Edwards trio, we may see some Buddy at the 3

if the Carey/Goodline/JG3 group plays better than the QG/Braswell/Edwards trio, we may see some Buddy at the 3

If that happens, we're going to be really good, because I think we've got some promising young talent in the frontcourt. Of course, they guards could just be better by default, if these guys fail to meet expectations. But I am really hopeful about this group of players. I was ready to move on to some fresh blood. This could be the building of a new 2010 style of team, where we share the ball, we still commit to good defense, but we're disruptive and run out of the zone. We've got shooters to spare, and some athletic forwards, some of whom can shoot the three.

We've got depth at center - ranging from Skinny to Skinner to Skinniest, but I think these guys have legitimate talent. I don't see Sean Williams, Billy Celuck or Ethan Cole among this group. I see real players. I hope that Sidibe can be healthy, but even if we can only get 10-15 minutes a game from him, I think the other 3 guys all offer something different that will allow us to use each situationally. They're not all the same type of player. That will help us next year, since our success won't all hinge on just one guy; they can share the load. We've done that in the past and it has worked out pretty well.

Last edited:
I'm excited too. There's opportunity all over the floor. We lost our two ball handlers, best rebounder, only productive center and a bunch of scoring.

It seems we have the guys that will be able to pick it up. Might not be a top ten team but with the youth, but I think we're back on an upward trend when the season finishes out.

If we play up to our potential we should finish 6th in the ACC. Win the 1st round tourney game. 8 to 11 seed make it to the second round

43 PPG up for grabs, it is definitely an opportunity for someone. It's very difficult to project, but if you are a younger guy on this team, you know you can get serious minutes if you play well

I am very high on Bras and Quincy to get the job done.

However, let's not forget that the reason Brissett is going pro in the first place is because he stepped it up at camps, which means that he had a certain amount of year over year improvement.

No way lightly experienced bras or frosh QG could replace what an improved brissett might have meant to this team.

I personally am excited for next year. We finally have shooting and passing that fits today’s style of ball. Isolation Battle and Brissett just didn’t do it for me.
I agree but that will require a change in philosophy as well as a change in personnel.

If we play up to our potential we should finish 6th in the ACC. Win the 1st round tourney game. 8 to 11 seed make it to the second round

Personally I think the ACC is wide open. Especially if Nwora leaves for Louisville. Everybody is replacing their entire teams it seems like.

Last edited:
We’re going to miss Brissett’s bulk and rebounding, but not much else. Braswell and Guerrier will make up for his scoring.

Or, maybe Brissett would have stepped up and had a big year a la Damone Brown his senior year.

Or, maybe Brissett would have stepped up and had a big year a la Damone Brown his senior year.

We all know now that Oshae only plays well at the combine. Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

It was going to be a long season before Brissett left. Hopefully, the young guys develop enough and they keep the winning season streak alive for one more year.
Horrible take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom