Options | Syracusefan.com

Options

Cusester

Starter
Let me start by saying that I am squarely in DM's corner. I love the guy and pray that he gets this team turned around. But, if I'm TGD I've got a list of candidates and at the very top of my list would be Jim Tressel. If I'm the athletic director for SU I've already had a discussion with him to gauge his interest and salary demands. I know he has baggage but I also know that his history will be forgotten here if he does as well as I expect he would. So lets go Doug, get it done. If not I hope TGD is ready.

Let me start by saying that I am squarely in DM's corner. I love the guy and pray that he gets this team turned around. But, if I'm TGD I've got a list of candidates and at the very top of my list would be Jim Tressel. If I'm the athletic director for SU I've already had a discussion with him to gauge his interest and salary demands. I know he has baggage but I also know that his history will be forgotten here if he does as well as I expect he would. So lets go Doug, get it done. If not I hope TGD is ready.
Geez, I'm glad your not in my corner.

Pretty sure Jimmy has a 5 year show-cause.

This team already plays like they've been sanctioned, 2 post-game appearances in a decade. Bite the bullet and hire him anyway. Take a couple more years of bad play and then finally turn this team around they way it needs to be turned around.

Not as long as Cantor is her...oh wait!!!

This team already plays like they've been sanctioned, 2 post-game appearances in a decade. Bite the bullet and hire him anyway. Take a couple more years of bad play and then finally turn this team around they way it needs to be turned around.
You are smoking something seriously strong, amigo.

You are smoking something seriously strong, amigo.

Banana peels and nutmeg my friend. In hindsight you are right. Sanctioned teams still play better than us.

If we go the direction of becoming an outlaw program by hiring an outlaw coach, I'm done. Wins don't matter that much.

If we go the direction of becoming an outlaw program by hiring an outlaw coach, I'm done. Wins don't matter that much.

Agreed. Tressel or Petrino make me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I would rather be Duke.

What does this mean?
A show-cause penalty will be handed to former head coach Jim Tressel for failing to report knowledge of impermissible benefits given to players before the 2010 season, which resulted in ineligible players participating during that season. The show-cause means any school that hires Tressel could be subject to sanctions by the NCAA.

I am behind Marrone but if we were to hire a new coach at some point, Tressel I could stomach. Petrino, I just can't do it

How about this for our response to the show cause clause. "We have sucked for the better part of a decade".

Not sure why all the Tressel hate. So he found out about some illegal benefits (tattoos) and didnt notify the NCAA. Not a big deal in my book. He didnt do a Petino, he didnt do a Petrino, nothing on the Paterno/Sandusky level. I mean cmon, was't our own Jim B hit with some sanctions some years back?

If we stink it up the rest of the year, and sweater vest is interested, you make the call and at least entertain it.

I'd rather go 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4 with no bowls then 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 5-7 with no bowl

Not sure why all the Tressel hate. So he found out about some illegal benefits (tattoos) and didnt notify the NCAA. Not a big deal in my book. He didnt do a Petino, he didnt do a Petrino, nothing on the Paterno/Sandusky level. I mean cmon, was't our own Jim B hit with some sanctions some years back?

If we stink it up the rest of the year, and sweater vest is interested, you make the call and at least entertain it.

I generally agree. It's interesting how it's so easy for some to make judgements on people, especially, over relatively minor incidents. I'm sure there's nobody here who ever fudged/padded an expense report to some extent, or have taken advantage/stretched certain benefits or various so-called perks to some degree, etc. I doubt there's really anyone out there you wouldn't find something on had they been thoroughly investigated, etc.

I generally agree. It's interesting how it's so easy for some to make judgements on people, especially, over relatively minor incidents. I'm sure there's nobody here who ever fudged/padded an expense report to some extent, or have taken advantage/stretched certain benefits or various so-called perks to some degree, etc. I doubt there's really anyone out there you wouldn't find something on had they been thoroughly investigated, etc.
It was about the cover-up than the actual infractions.

It was about the cover-up than the actual infractions.
Personally, I do not care if he wears make-up, as long as he wins games. Maybe he had acne as a teenager.

Neither guy is worth it. It would be quite the statement to go from a 'Cuse guy who seems to have his heart in the right place (the lives of the kids on the team) to guys with "ethically challenged" pasts.

I'm a Marrone guy - so I don't think hiring a new coach will be coming up this season or off-season.

Let's win tonight and then next Saturday so we can shelve this talk for a few weeks.

Personally, I do not care if he wears make-up, as long as he wins games. Maybe he had acne as a teenager.
Gotcha. Maybe there is a FB version of Coach Cal out there? (And no, Tressel isn't as bad as Cal)

First, I have friends with connections to the O$U program. Most were happy that Tressel was forced to leave. He is not an elite coach.

Second, I've said it before...I'd rather down grade the program than win with losers. That goes for staff and student/athletes.

First, I have friends with connections to the O$U program. Most were happy that Tressel was forced to leave. He is not an elite coach.
I'd like to know what they think makes an elite coach then. His coaching record stacks up with the all-time best coaches.

Let's win tonight and then next Saturday so we can shelve this talk for a few weeks.
Beating UConn and South Florida isn't going to stop the Marrone hate.

UConn is 3-4 (0-2) with losses to Temple, Western Michigan, and NC State. UConn barely beat Buffalo and Maryland.

South Florida is 2-4 (0-2) with losses to Ball State and Temple. They've beaten Chattanooga and only beat Nevada by 1 point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom