Orange Tip off October 14. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Tip off October 14.

F461402A-1A19-4EC5-BC21-461738DEB501.jpeg

Bunch is my new favorite player. Looking forward to seeing how these youngins play this year. It’ll be a fun but bumpy ride.

As long as it's more bumpy wins than bumpy losses it will be fun. Nothing fun about bumpy losses. We've had far too many of those for a while now recently.

That was when they had the event in Manley and demand was very high especially considering the size of the venue. It were packed. I was there and can’t recall if it was that one that had Steve Nash even being videoed in. In fact I think it was Gumby, the ultra student cheerleader‘s 1st year. (He worked for SU well after graduation. Is he still employed by SU?) AO shattering the backboard was amazing but actually ruined the planned scrimmage.

I don’t know how attractive the event would be for tv coverage, streaming, without any big names as guests for what recently has been a very small attended event for a venue as huge as the JMA dome.
Disappointing to see that the event is still sparsely attended. Remember when they gave out Orange Madness tickets for free and like 10 or 20K people showed up at the Dome? There was great energy. But I think there were a bunch of fights and the school backtracked on promoting it after that. Such a bummer. Do it again but hire more security.

Disappointing to see that the event is still sparsely attended. Remember when they gave out Orange Madness tickets for free and like 10 or 20K people showed up at the Dome? There was great energy. But I think there were a bunch of fights and the school backtracked on promoting it after that. Such a bummer. Do it again but hire more security.
As I recall that Daryl-Gross-production was a PR disaster for the school. It was billed as a rap-fest more than as a basketball event, and the crowd contained many people who had little interest in basketball and who engaged in several fights that brought ugly national attention to the school.

My argument with this year's event was the way it prevented non-Syracuse residents from participating. As others have said here, it should have been streamed so out-of-towners could have watched it.

Last edited:
As I recall that Daryl-Gross-production was a PR disaster for the school. It was billed as a rap-fest more than as a basketball event, and the crowd contained many people who had little interest in basketball and who engaged in several fights that brought ugly national attention to the school.

My argument with this year's event was the way it prevented non-Syracuse residents from participating. As others have said here, it should have been streamed so out-of-towners could have watched it.

Streaming plus make it a bigger hoops event. Get an ESPN crew given we have ample alumni to choose from, get some buzz around the program. With all the energy leading into tomorrow's football game would have made a great opening act. Instead it's effectively already forgotten until the exhibitions get here.

How did Benny look in the scrimmage?

The Nunes article said this:

Benny Williams, noticeably more muscular than a season ago, displayed his bounce and won the dunk contest.

Edwards and Copeland had four points. Symir Torrence, Justin Taylor and Benny Williams each had two

Syracuse is athletic on the wings. Bunch, Brown and Williams all fit the part of traditional Syracuse forwards

The Nunes article said this:

Benny Williams, noticeably more muscular than a season ago, displayed his bounce and won the dunk contest.

Edwards and Copeland had four points. Symir Torrence, Justin Taylor and Benny Williams each had two

Syracuse is athletic on the wings. Bunch, Brown and Williams all fit the part of traditional Syracuse forwards
Thanks, any first hand reports? He sat out in Rochester