Orangeyes ... Sad News | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes ... Sad News

image.jpg
http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/201...ind_ernie_davis_statue_dies.html#incart_river

To Syracuse.com

If you read this, I hope you can submit an article detailing what a great person he was. Many of us would be glad to give you a quote or story about Dan for the readers. The SU sports community lost a great person today.

R.I.P. Dan. I never met Dan that I know of, but may have, since we are the same age and grew up a matter of blocks away from each other. My mother was the crossing guard at the time on the corner of State and Willow and I am sure she knew him. We went to different schools, he to St. John's and I to Prescott. C.B.A. was located there also. I will remember Dan as someone that embodied the best of what it means to be an SU fan.

TexanMark said:
To Syracuse.com If you read this, I hope you can submit an article detailing what a great person he was. Many of us would be glad to give you a quote or story about Dan for the readers. The SU sports community lost a great person today.

There's a couple of stories that have been linked. Syracuse.com and CNY central.

Rest in Peace, Dan. You made this world a little brighter. We may differ on various things on this board but we can all agree that you were the embodiment of Syracuse fandom. You gave us all something to strive for. My prayers to your family.

Orange eyes, heart, body, and soul. I've never met a man who is as well liked as Dan. There's nothing that you can take with you to the other side, so Dan decided to leave one of the greatest legacies this community will ever know. My thoughts and prayers are with Dan's family, friends, and all of OrangeNation.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the Syracuse community, Dan. You'll be dearly missed. RIP

I only had a few posts on the recruiting board where we talked and have only read a few of his posts in the 2 or so months I've been reading this board. But I can say his story he shared and things he told us were a big part of why Shy committed to syracuse. His stories I've read truly makes him a super fan. Hopefully the school will do something in his memory.

I was so hoping he'd make it through. I never met Dan either, but, every single day, he brought something to me and so many others in the form of his SU roundups.

I hope his family will find comfort in knowing just how many lives he touched.

I'll miss you, Dan, and, along with everyone else here, I'll never forget you.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Thoughts and prayers for the family. Dan, you brightened my day by posting links to all things Orange. You will be sorely missed. I never met you in person, though I did meet you here and I am blessed because of it. You treated posters fair and with respect and I presume that is they way you were in person. Thank you.