Oronde Gadsden retuning | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden retuning

ECE '76

Scout Team
A lot of talk about OG going pro, or playing at SU next season... I recall they described the recovery from that type of injury is at least a year. I don't see how an NFL team would draft a guy who would miss all of camp and at least 1/4 of the season before he could even start practicing FB again.

Even at SU, he probably would miss half of next season at best.

Anyone have any updates on him?

A lot of talk about OG going pro, or playing at SU next season... I recall they described the recovery from that type of injury is at least a year. I don't see how an NFL team would draft a guy who would miss all of camp and at least 1/4 of the season before he could even start practicing FB again.

Why would he miss half the season?

I saw the article that said 10-12 months, seems like a longer than usual recovery

Man you can't bump this thread. I read the title and thought "god damn it not again."
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I have been told he is coming back. He also had a say in the hiring of our head coach, from what I heard.

?? Lisfrac injuries could be a bit tricky but depending on the severity he would miss 4-6 weeks if it was a sprain with no surgery required, or up to 9-12 months if fractured which i believe that was the case. Elite athletes with the amount of professional rehab they go through , and the age of a healthy, super freak athlete, i would lean towards the shorter end of the 9-12 months. My guess he will be back at camp in a red non-contact jersey and be ready to go full bore once the season counts. I also know how times have changed but i don’t know how these athletes play sports in low top sneakers. Speaking personally from someone who had multiple, serious, ankle injuries during my college career i used to not only have my feet taped, but i used ankle compression sleeves and high top shoes for extra support.

This I know for certain-
Staying at cuse is his number 1 priority but it’s based on who is QB. He was not staying if there was not an upgrade
Transferring is his second option if number 1 doesn’t happen
Going pro is his last option. He knows the injury crushed his draft stock so he knows it’s best for him to come back and play college ball next year

He did get offers to transfer but waited to see how the search went and what’s happening with QB. Lequint also got huge offers but he’s not going anywhere

I could certainly see them talking with OG about bringing in a new head coach and asking him questions and trying to gauge what is needed. Obviously in no way was he making the final decision. But its smart to get input from players to see how they will respond to a new hire. Plus it makes OG feel like he is part of the transition and he would probably be more positive about it and be more likely to stay.

Last edited:
?? Lisfrac injuries could be a bit tricky but depending on the severity he would miss 4-6 weeks if it was a sprain with no surgery required, or up to 9-12 months if fractured which i believe that was the case. Elite athletes with the amount of professional rehab they go through , and the age of a healthy, super freak athlete, i would lean towards the shorter end of the 9-12 months. My guess he will be back at camp in a red non-contact jersey and be ready to go full bore once the season counts. I also know how times have changed but i don’t know how these athletes play sports in low top sneakers. Speaking personally from someone who had multiple, serious, ankle injuries during my college career i used to not only have my feet taped, but i used ankle compression sleeves and high top shoes for extra support.
Agree. Many bball players love the low tops too. I was never a college athlete by any means but I’ve had some bad ankle sprains in my life like most have that played basketball. Actually just had one last week stepping on someone during a pick up game. Not as bad as one I had previously (could have been grade 3- ptsd from that), but certainly worse than just a minor roll and keep playing. They suck, a lot, and can be tricky. And the bruising and swelling lingers.

I can see why the low top shoes are easier for maneuverability but some of these ones these guys wear seem like nothing.

I hurt my ankle in college and of course just kept on playing.. it was only after a few years that I actually got it looked at and found out what damage I had done when it kept just going out.

The good result was that when i played football and cut hard it would go out and I would go down on a dime and cut what quicker than the guys guarding me.. Then I realized that going full speed and a baseball pop up slide I could way make way faster cuts at speed then the guys trying to backpaddle in and out of a cut.. So I used it to stop and cut or sometimes stop and go with no deceleration.. the wetter it was the better it worked.

I heard that he and LaQuint were asked what they thought about some of the candidates. I don't see a problem with going to your star players for an opinion in the process.
If you want buy on on a big decision, you make people part of the process.

You ask them what they think.

Even if what they say means little, it is a good way to do things. I bet it meant a lot to the players that were consulted to be part of the process.

And knowing key players would leave if coaches A, B or C were hired and stay if coaches D or E were hired is meaningful.

I heard that he and LaQuint were asked what they thought about some of the candidates. I don't see a problem with going to your star players for an opinion in the process.

Just language semantics.

"He had a say in the hiring" sounds different than "He was asked what he thought of some of the candidates"

I interpreted it as they had the final say in the hire.

This I know for certain-
Staying at cuse is his number 1 priority but it’s based on who is QB. He was not staying if there was not an upgrade
Transferring is his second option if number 1 doesn’t happen
Going pro is his last option. He knows the injury crushed his draft stock so he knows it’s best for him to come back and play college ball next year

He did get offers to transfer but waited to see how the search went and what’s happening with QB. Lequint also got huge offers but he’s not going anywhere
So he would come back to play with Kyle Mccord hypothetically?

Just language semantics.

"He had a say in the hiring" sounds different than "He was asked what he thought of some of the candidates"

Indeed! Actually, a night and day difference. A smart tactic for sure, but in all likelihood, no more than the illusion of inclusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom