Oronde Gadsden retuning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden retuning

I wouldn't think they would have Gadsden serve as a host for one of the highly rated recruits last weekend if they didn't feel like he was coming back and 100% behind the coaching staff and program.
Something tells me that he'll be hosting Jamie this weekend. :)

Agree. Many bball players love the low tops too. I was never a college athlete by any means but I’ve had some bad ankle sprains in my life like most have that played basketball. Actually just had one last week stepping on someone during a pick up game. Not as bad as one I had previously (could have been grade 3- ptsd from that), but certainly worse than just a minor roll and keep playing. They suck, a lot, and can be tricky. And the bruising and swelling lingers.

I can see why the low top shoes are easier for maneuverability but some of these ones these guys wear seem like nothing.
I think high top sneakers stopped being a thing because they don't do much to prevent rolling the ankle. To externally stabilize the ankle laterally you have to extend up above the malleoli. Shoes can't really do that well without also limiting plantarflexion. There are hinged braces available for it though. For whatever reason I've seen them used more for volleyball than basketball.

Gasden has to be looking at the WR room thinking teams can't double bracket me now.
My prayers are with OG. Coming back from a Lis Franc injury takes time. Think about how much pressure a receiver puts on his feet! Cutting, jumping, planting,..etc. We need to be patient with him. He may not be ready for the start of the season. We all know what a healthy OG can do.

My prayers are with OG. Coming back from a Lis Franc injury takes time. Think about how much pressure a receiver puts on his feet! Cutting, jumping, planting,..etc. We need to be patient with him. He may not be ready for the start of the season. We all know what a healthy OG can do.
and a better room means he wont have to rush hopefully. its a 9-12 month thing and thats if he is at the severe end of it and we dont know any of that.

I seem to recall OG was playing with some sort of ankle sprain in the first 2 games. He would make a catch and go down to protect himself. He was not running out plays into traffic. Of course, SU never released what that injury was. The Lisfranc injury vs W Michigan was a seemingly innocuous foot tie up after a play that was basically over and he fell over. I doubt we'll see him play "hurt" any more at SU, and I don't blame him.

Something tells me he will be teamed up with McCord. That could be a make or break combo next year.
I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if he were back at Syracuse next year.

He also needs to show he is healthy to garner the kind of draft slot and contract he should get.
I have to think that Mad was thinking he would portal.

I would be surprised if he wasn't. Why wouldn't he? We got him a QB. We got him other wr's to take the heat off of him.
I hope he does come back, butt Anae and Beck schemed him into fame. He’s got the WR pedigree, but more TE speed. Seems like a ‘tweener. Either way, I could see him heading to NC ST or wherever Beck goes. Again, hope he stays put, but..

I hope he does come back, butt Anae and Beck schemed him into fame. He’s got the WR pedigree, but more TE speed. Seems like a ‘tweener. Either way, I could see him heading to NC ST or wherever Beck goes. Again, hope he stays put, but..
I don't know, he suffered here and now we have players to go with him. Plus, Fran is a great salesman.

Speaking personally from someone who had multiple, serious, ankle injuries during my college career i used to not only have my feet taped, but i used ankle compression sleeves and high top shoes for extra support.

The decision to wear high or low top sneakers often comes down to the individual preference - there has not been any significant research that supports the use of one or the other. There is enough evidence which can be used to support either position that advocates of either position are really good at cherry picking the studies that support their preferences to try to claim theirs is clearly superior.

If you were wearing high top sneakers during your multiple ankle injuries, I’m not sure that’s great evidence for how much better high top sneakers are for avoiding ankle injuries as well. I severely sprained my ankle in college and was taping my ankles and wearing high top footwear afterwards because limiting the range of motion of the ankle dramatically reduced pain - I’m not going to pretend that’s conclusive evidence but led me to feel the greatest benefit of high tops was in recovery, not in avoiding injury.

Indeed! Actually, a night and day difference. A smart tactic for sure, but in all likelihood, no more than the illusion of inclusion.

Wildhack: We’re thinking of hiring Fran Brown, what would you think of that?

Player: “That would be awesome!”

My guess is players were fully supportive of the decision that was likely and ultimately made, so a narrative that they were involved in the hiring process was possible. And it gives a chance to stroke the egos of the players involved in a fairly harmless way, so it’s not a bad idea in 2023 to do so.

Wildhack: We’re thinking of hiring Fran Brown, what would you think of that?

Player: “That would be awesome!”

My guess is players were fully supportive of the decision that was likely and ultimately made, so a narrative that they were involved in the hiring process was possible. And it gives a chance to stroke the egos of the players involved in a fairly harmless way, so it’s not a bad idea in 2023 to do so.

I guess, your guess, is as good as anyone's guess. ;)