Oronde | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde

He has 6-7 drops in 2 games. catch those and his stats look ok, his yds would still be low

I mean he had a TD pass he dropped yesterday that an NFL TE needs to make 90% of the time.

He had one nice slant that just got tipped yesterday.

No really sure why he runs every route where he has man. right into the D and tries to shake him.. Why not send him in motion some so that cant jam him?
Too your last point, as I posted, it seems like he seeks contact, rather than try to avoid it. He’s been doing that all year. Seems to run the pattern he got the last first down against Georgia Tech all the time.

Are Zeed and JRS “gone gone”?
Did JRS have any targets or catches? Heck did he get snaps? I gotta go look

Edit: So no catches. Targets? Snaps?

Last edited:
The TD drop was a rope and he was jumping plus outstretched as far as he could be. It was anything but routine so I ignore it. One other drop I thought was behind him. That said he’s has t gotten that many targets imo, and they could just give a few easy ones to get him going.

Last edited:
Too your last point, as I posted, it seems like he seeks contact, rather than try to avoid it. He’s been doing that all year. Seems to run the pattern he got the last first down against Georgia Tech all the time.
He seems to think he can big boy every jam and get open and is finding he cant. He needs to run to space more or accept it and catch the short stuff.

He was better than fine. Remember he had a converted TE launching 50/50 balls at him much of the time before McCord. Even in his first 2 games of this season he had 13 catches for over 200 yards. Guy has disappeared, it's perplexing.
Very perplexing. I remember the first two games where he caught everything thrown to him, falling, jumping and being tackled at the same time. I thought this dude is something!
They just need to keep going to him. I’m sure OG will be back in biz.
Prolly in Vegas.

He was dominant against GT just a few weeks ago. I don’t think he’s lost a step, he looked like himself just a few weeks ago. It just seemed like he came out of the bye a different player. Maybe picked up a slight knock in practice? Maybe the Stanford game got in his head? He’s dropping balls he usually brings in 10 times out of 10 so I do think some of it is mental.
Exactly. And I’m sure he was being doubled in those games at times too.

One thing I’ve noticed is that on short passes, in the past, I was always really impressed with his body control, shielding defenders from the ball and moving towards the ball to catch it. I’m not seeing that and I’m seeing drops after which he looks totally frustrated. This has nothing to do with doubles.

You can say they are shading the Safety to double him. But he isnt even getting to a spot the double needs to used.. All that is OK when we have 2-3 other options to use. If the oline holds up guys are open.

Still no real deep threat as Kyle is throwing 50/50 balls not to guys beating guys all the time. Hatcher has at least shown a few glimpses though.

You can say they are shading the Safety to double him. But he isnt even getting to a spot the double needs to used.. All that is OK when we have 2-3 other options to use. If the oline holds up guys are open.

Still no real deep threat as Kyle is throwing 50/50 balls not to guys beating guys all the time. Hatcher has at least shown a few glimpses though.
This is why we need zeed back

I actually didn’t agree, at all, with Fran for chewing him out.

It was not clear that the runner was downed on the initial hit. I know Oronde and he’d not make a boneheaded selfish penalty like that.
It wasn't selfish, but it was boneheaded. Did the whistle blow? I think it did. Everyone else had stopped. Maybe Fran went overboard, I don't know. We've wanted a passionate coach, so you're going to get some of that. I hope that isn't still affecting him. I would think his dad has taught him how to move on.

He was better than fine. Remember he had a converted TE launching 50/50 balls at him much of the time before McCord. Even in his first 2 games of this season he had 13 catches for over 200 yards. Guy has disappeared, it's perplexing.
Agree it 50/50 balls much of the time. When that's your whole passing offense, that's going to be a lot of catches. Shrader either threw to OG , ate it, or took off

I think Gadsden is probably having a tough time adjusting to new coaches and being just a part of a real passing offense

My point is the passing offense stunk when he was the biggest piece of it and now it doesn't stink so I just don't worry about it

Last edited:
Another point by keeping him in tight it makes it easier for the other team to crowd the line as they are bringing a player basically into the box because he is there. If he is split out he takes two defenders outside of the box with him.
Part of the issue is we need that body chipping at defenders because our OL is faulty. I think scheming him out wide is what they’d rather do if the OL wasn’t so porous.

It wasn't selfish, but it was boneheaded. Did the whistle blow? I think it did. Everyone else had stopped. Maybe Fran went overboard, I don't know. We've wanted a passionate coach, so you're going to get some of that. I hope that isn't still affecting him. I would think his dad has taught him how to move on.

I’ve watched it again and maybe a little boneheaded but not everyone had stopped. The guy with the ball was shielded by other players from the angle OG was running from, the player jumps up and keeps running, at least one if not two other players reacts not sure what was going on and OG comes in and hits him. It’s easy to say, “why” watching the replay on TV but as the play is happening it’s much more bang/bang than that. I couldn’t fault him completely.

Agree it 50/50 balls much of the time. When that's your whole passing offense, that's going to be a lot of catches. Shrader either threw to OG , ate it, or took off

I think Gadsden is probably having a tough time adjusting to new coaches and being just a part of a real passing offense

My point is that paying offense stunk when he was the biggest piece of it and now it doesn't stink so I just don't worry about it
No problems the first two games?

Part of the issue is we need that body chipping at defenders because our OL is faulty. I think scheming him out wide is what they’d rather do if the OL wasn’t so porous.
This is part of the issue. OG is being asked to block more often to help the OL on the edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom