Oronde | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde

Villari has been brutally bad and Mang seems to let us down any time he has a chance to make a big block or if he’s thrown the ball. OGII aspires to play on Sundays as a tight end. It’s probably our best option to leave him on the field as a blocker vs sub and tell the D we are running.
I dont know why mang plays

Idk, OG just doesn’t seem like his head is in the game.

Yesterday at one point he was supposed to be on the field and was just standing on the sideline and basically the whole offense was jumping and waving their arms to get his attention and get him on the field.

This was a massive red flag that he just mentally isn’t there to me right now

Yesterday at one point he was supposed to be on the field and was just standing on the sideline and basically the whole offense was jumping and waving their arms to get his attention and get him on the field.

Yep. This unfortunately.

This is part of the issue. OG is being asked to block more often to help the OL on the edge.
In my opinion our TE’s have collectively regressed as offensive options from last year. Maybe they are being sacrificed to give McCord time to throw due to OL inadequacies to your point.

Which, as we’ve seen in the past, a weak OL we’ve mitigated with a mobile QB. With a not that mobile QB - you have to compensate for that somehow….

That’s my concern as well, something is not right with him mentally/emotionally. For his sake I hope all is ok in life and for the sake of the team I hope old OG comes back to us starting on Friday

In my opinion our TE’s have collectively regressed as offensive options from last year. Maybe they are being sacrificed to give McCord time to throw due to OL inadequacies to your point.

Which, as we’ve seen in the past, a weak OL we’ve mitigated with a mobile QB. With a not that mobile QB - you have to compensate for that somehow….
Give me McCord and this passing offense any day over any of the mobile QBs we have seen here since McNabb. To be clear, I realize you were not saying otherwise.

With respect to OG, I think they were trying to use him more to help the running game against HC. Here's hoping UNLV is looking for that and, in turn, we see more of OG on play action.

I’ve watched it again and maybe a little boneheaded but not everyone had stopped. The guy with the ball was shielded by other players from the angle OG was running from, the player jumps up and keeps running, at least one if not two other players react like they’re not sure what was going on and OG comes in and hits him. It’s easy to say, “why” watching the replay on TV but as the play is happening it’s much more bang/bang than that. I couldn’t fault him completely.
This. Plus the player with the ball mostly rolled on top of our defender which is not down. OG couldn't see from his angle that part of his body touched the ground while rolling over. Then the way he jumped up and started running toward the sideline added to the confusion. Totally not intentional. Come on OG knows better than that. Even the coaches reaction was not that bad. I also watched that on TV. Nothing to turn your season on.
I am wondering if there is something deeper with him and McCord. Something from practice, or some words exchanged over something. They started the 1st 2 games like they were a real duo.

It's simple. The other team is taking him out. He has had plenty of targets. McCord has attempted throws to him that he probably shouldn't have thrown.
Kelce in KC has also been taken out. It happens when you are good. As long as he's being doubled there isn't much we can do that we aren't doing. We simply have to make them pay with our other weapons.

They see him as a tight end and he never was.
Both staffs have seen him as TE. NFL scouts project him at the position. He does have hybrid skill sets. But he has always seemed to be more TE than WR to my eye. His forte has been getting open against zone coverage. Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from the lisfranc injury?

Bottom line he better snap out of it or he will not be drafted. He needs to make contested catches because that is what TEs do.

In terms of the team I don't think it matters much our offense is clicking and we are hitting multiple players so he is just a luxury on offense and not relied on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom