Oshae's Role on This Year's Team? | Syracusefan.com

Oshae's Role on This Year's Team?

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Having met him in an academic setting (can't say more than that), what role do you anticipate he'll have on this year's team? Really really like the kid. Nice guy.

Last edited:
I anticipate him being a starter and our best freshman.

I think so too. I think he'll surprise some people. To me, he seems like the prototypical JB recruit. A long, lanky, and athletic wing. Needs to put on some muscle, though.

I think so too. I think he'll surprise some people. To me, he seems like the prototypical JB recruit. A long, lanky, and athletic wing. Needs to put on some muscle, though.

Very well could be the 2nd or 3rd leading scorer.

I don't know if that means we're in trouble, or we'd be better than we thought.

I think probably about the same as I predict - bubble. To have the season even close to something that we all want to have, I think Battle, Thorpe and Oshae all have to hit double digits with ideally Dolezaj there too

Battle 18 PPG
Thorpe 15 PPG
Oshae 14 PPG
Dolezaj 11 PPG

That's probably a little ambitious to have all 4 in double figures. But it still only adds up to 58 so Moyer and Frank in particular are going to have to do something also. I'm hoping Sidibe sees most of the time at center but don't see him as a big offensive presence this year.

I think probably about the same as I predict - bubble. To have the season even close to something that we all want to have, I think Battle, Thorpe and Oshae all have to hit double digits with ideally Dolezaj there too

Battle 18 PPG
Thorpe 15 PPG
Oshae 14 PPG
Dolezaj 11 PPG

That's probably a little ambitious to have all 4 in double figures. But it still only adds up to 58 so Moyer and Frank in particular are going to have to do something also. I'm hoping Sidibe sees most of the time at center but don't see him as a big offensive presence this year.

Switch Dolezaj with Moyer and I agree!

Switch Dolezaj with Moyer and I agree!

I went back and forth with Dolezaj and Moyer as far as who I saw scoring more this year. I could easily see it your way, just as long as it's one or the other - if not both!

Having met him in an academic setting (can't say more than that), what role do you anticipate he'll have on this year's team? Really really like the kid. Nice guy.
I anticipate him being ineligible due to excessive academic help and SU going on probation.

I think he looks pretty strong for a freshman forward. He's not hugely jacked or anything but he's got muscle on him.

Yes, he is the best frosh in the class and with 2 open forward slots, he is going to get a lot of playing time. I expect he will average double figures scoring and he will probably be our best rebounder as well.

11 ppg, 7 rpg. Something in that range.

Good kid, great interview.

Battle 18 PPG
Thorpe 15 PPG
Oshae 14 PPG
Dolezaj 11 PPG

Marek is going to be our best frosh and it probably won't be close. Oshae is legit too though. If FH makes the progress that the staff expects... this is far from a bubble team. Enjoy the ride everyone.

I'm not high on Dolezaj at all. So, I think Moyer and Brissett will get a lot of minutes at Forward. They'll probably be 3rd and 4th on the team in scoring, around 11 points or so. Where I think Brissett can shine is on defense. His size and athleticism fit the zone perfectly. If he has the right effort, he could really help the team win some games on the defensive end more so than on offense.

I'm not high on Dolezaj at all. So, I think Moyer and Brissett will get a lot of minutes at Forward. They'll probably be 3rd and 4th on the team in scoring, around 11 points or so. Where I think Brissett can shine is on defense. His size and athleticism fit the zone perfectly. If he has the right effort, he could really help the team win some games on the defensive end more so than on offense.

Bad move on your part. Staff is VERY high on him.

Bad move on your part. Staff is VERY high on him.

haha wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I just remember not walking away overly impressed by the two highlight vids I saw of his (that's just about the extent of my knowledge on him). I'm not convinced Marek can defend well enough to stay on the court.

haha wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I just remember not walking away overly impressed by the two highlight vids I saw of his (that's just about the extent of my knowledge on him). I'm not convinced Marek can defend well enough to stay on the court.

There's PLENTY to be concerned about with Marek -- he's rail thin, for example, which calls into question how he'll be able to compete physically in the ACC. But skill level is not something that needs to be questioned with this kid. He could eventually be an NBA player -- not suggesting that lightly.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think that OB will AVERAGE 11/7 this year. He will be a good frosh with lots of upside but he's got a ton of strengthening to do before he can contribute at that level. Don't know about Marek but he's played at higher levels than OB at this point and should be in a position to provide more this year even though he's also in need of mucho time in the weight room.

This team will struggle to score unless Frank really ups his game and Moyer contributes something like 10/5.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think that OB will AVERAGE 11/7 this year. He will be a good frosh with lots of upside but he's got a ton of strengthening to do before he can contribute at that level. Don't know about Marek but he's played at higher levels than OB at this point and should be in a position to provide more this year even though he's also in need of mucho time in the weight room.

This team will struggle to score unless Frank really ups his game and Moyer contributes something like 10/5.
He was the best player in Canada last year. A recruiting expert says he would have been a top 50 player had he played in the US (he said that about Marek too).

I like Marek a lot and think he will do well as a frosh, as will Moyer in our all frosh 3 man rotation at forward. I just think Brissett is a bit ahead of Marek in strength and toughness and a bit ahead of Moyer in athletic ability. All three have strong points and I think they will complement each other well.

With all due respect, thats why u aren't a coach. Staff loves him. He is the most likely 1 and done we have this year. Enjoy him. Moyer can play too as can OB... but we don't get talents like Marek very often. If he was an American he would have been a top 30 recruit IMO. I've beaten this dead horse too much here but I can't stress enough how much the staff loves Marek. Especially for the zone. He gets it. He's like Inspector Gadget.

With all due respect, thats why u aren't a coach. Staff loves him. He is the most likely 1 and done we have this year. Enjoy him. Moyer can play too as can OB... but we don't get talents like Marek very often. If he was an American he would have been a top 30 recruit IMO. I've beaten this dead horse too much here but I can't stress enough how much the staff loves Marek. Especially for the zone. He gets it. He's like Inspector Gadget.

Unless you're on the staff why are you calling out some logical opinions/predicitons? From what some trusted sources are saying; Marek is probably going to really struggle when the competition gets better due to his frame thus parking him on the bench for the majority of the season, perhaps. I like him and his upside for sure but that is further down the road. Claiming he is one and done is preposterous, IMO. I'll gladly eat crow if that happens but not worried about that, lol. Again, I like his upside. But it's upside down the road.

Battle 16ppg
Thorpe 14ppg
Oshae 10ppg
Moyer 9ppg
Howard 9ppg
Marek 8ppg
4 ppg everyone else

I think we're a 70 point team next year..could get a little scary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member