Oshae's Role on This Year's Team? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae's Role on This Year's Team?

With all due respect, thats why u aren't a coach. Staff loves him. He is the most likely 1 and done we have this year. Enjoy him. Moyer can play too as can OB... but we don't get talents like Marek very often. If he was an American he would have been a top 30 recruit IMO. I've beaten this dead horse too much here but I can't stress enough how much the staff loves Marek. Especially for the zone. He gets it. He's like Inspector Gadget.

I think you're a tad too defensive here, bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having met him in an academic setting (can't say more than that), what role do you anticipate he'll have on this year's team? Really really like the kid. Nice guy.

Starting small forward. Probably our third leading scorer, behind Battle and maybe Geno.

Marek is going to be our best frosh and it probably won't be close. Oshae is legit too though. If FH makes the progress that the staff expects... this is far from a bubble team. Enjoy the ride everyone.

Just for fun, let's call this post back up on February 1. I'm guessing that Brissett will be our best freshman, followed by Sidibe.

As usual, our past players predicted Oshea will be good. I think they said he doesn't play like a freshman. Good. We need him and I think and hope our former players were correct.

Marek is just as thin as another Euro player, kristap porzingos. kristap really struggles against those big NBA bodies right? It's basketball, not football. Marek isn't going to be banging down low against some 270lb guys. You're way overstating the importance of weight for a slashing forward on the wing.

Marek is just as thin as another Euro player, kristap porzingos. kristap really struggles against those big NBA bodies right? It's basketball, not football. Marek isn't going to be banging down low against some 270lb guys. You're way overstating the importance of weight for a slashing forward on the wing.
Jonathan Isaac didn't seem to struggle, and he makes Marek look like the Stay-Puft marshmallow man...

Just for fun, let's call this post back up on February 1. I'm guessing that Brissett will be our best freshman, followed by Sidibe.
Please do. Will be fun. Sidibe? Lol. Would have never even played if TT didn't quit. Now he's our 2nd best frosh?

OB vs Marek though should be fun

Yes, he is the best frosh in the class and with 2 open forward slots, he is going to get a lot of playing time. I expect he will average double figures scoring and he will probably be our best rebounder as well.

11 ppg, 7 rpg. Something in that range.

Good kid, great interview.

That is great, and he answers the OPs question, "I think my job is to attack the basket." In fact, that will become my signature line now, I love this kid.

With all due respect, thats why u aren't a coach. Staff loves him. He is the most likely 1 and done we have this year. Enjoy him. Moyer can play too as can OB... but we don't get talents like Marek very often. If he was an American he would have been a top 30 recruit IMO. I've beaten this dead horse too much here but I can't stress enough how much the staff loves Marek. Especially for the zone. He gets it. He's like Inspector Gadget.
Dare I make a little comparison to Giannis Antetokounmpo???? I'm not sure he's quiet as long as him but that could be his style of play. Both European players too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom