OSU's plan for Meyer | Syracusefan.com

OSU's plan for Meyer

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Announce him at the OSU/Duke Basketball game on 11/29.

If they got him, that's a huge hire! He's a media darling, that will be able to pull Florida kids north. OSU's roster is predominantly Ohio and Florida kids, so this should be a great score for them. I wish we were a big dog in football. Go on probation and still get the best coach out there... Must be nice!

If they got him, that's a huge hire! He's a media darling, that will be able to pull Florida kids north. OSU's roster is predominantly Ohio and Florida kids, so this should be a great score for them. I wish we were a big dog in football. Go on probation and still get the best coach out there... Must be nice!
He really is a perfect fit for that job, he's long been an "Ohio Guy", and his name is still prominent in CFB. The Meyer/Hoke battles will be pretty intense in a few years.

If he thought he had too much pressure at florida he ain't seen nothing yet until he becomes a buckeye.

You think so?

I think there's more pressure to win at ohio state than florida, look at coopers record there, you have to win and beat michigan.

If he thought he had too much pressure at florida he ain't seen nothing yet until he becomes a buckeye.

I think the pressure is the same if not worse at Florida, but neither will be Pop Warner. Wait when Florida bounces Muschamp out of there in a year or two for 8-4. I think Muschamp will be a bust by the way, hire a guy who has been a head coach before if you are Florida, a guy that has proven success and who has done more with less elsewhere, well a guy like Urban Meyer, Don't know why Florida igonore their last succesful hire.

Didn't know that and never really thought about it before. Do you think he'll be as successful as he was at Florida?

I think there's more pressure to win at ohio state than florida, look at coopers record there, you have to win and beat michigan.
Cooper couldn't beat Michigan. Best rivalry in sports.

You can't go anywhere in Ohio without seeing people covered in Ohio State gear. My wife's family is from there and everywhere I've been in the state of Ohio I've found a crazy percentage of the people decked out from head to toe. Hell, I was on vacation in Maine two years ago, and I drove my family out to this real, real remote lighthouse. I saw a huge SUV pull up with Ohio plates, and I said to myself, "here we go." Eight people got out of the car, age range of about 10-80 years, and every single solitary soul was suited up and ready to go, just in case an Ohio State game broke out on the central coast of Maine.

I'm in Columbus about 3 or 4 times a year, and every person is just into it. I don't care how much pressure to win there is at any of the Florida schools or Texas for that matter. There might be just as much pressure to win there, but in my opinion, there can't be more. They lose a game and the whole city walks around like I do after an SU loss.

Hell, I was on vacation in Maine two years ago, and I drove my family out to this real, real remote lighthouse. I saw a huge SUV pull up with Ohio plates, and I said to myself, "here we go." Eight people got out of the car, age range of about 10-80 years, and every single solitary soul was suited up and ready to go, just in case an Ohio State game broke out on the central coast of Maine.

This cracked me up :rolling:

So is this good or bad for SU?
OSU is always going to get the top Ohio kids, but Urban will likely pull even more from Florida (also kids that SU wouldn't get). That theoretically leaves additional Ohio kids available in our northern network, since he can only fill so many slots. Could we flip lifelong Buckeye fans with a grayshirt offer?

But if he's getting a bigger cut of the Florida elite, then the other southern schools will look a little lower. This trickledown effect would work against us since Fla., FSU, Miami (to some extent) would be much more attractive to kids with SU offers. Although we'd probably still be a tier below competing with the lower Floridas and other out of state programs.

Hell, I was on vacation in Maine two years ago, and I drove my family out to this real, real remote lighthouse. I saw a huge SUV pull up with Ohio plates, and I said to myself, "here we go." Eight people got out of the car, age range of about 10-80 years, and every single solitary soul was suited up and ready to go, just in case an Ohio State game broke out on the central coast of Maine.

I'm with qdawgg on this one. :rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom