OT: 1996 Bulls vs. 2016 Warriors | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: 1996 Bulls vs. 2016 Warriors

Forgot what year it was, but one of the Reggie Miller Pacer teams took the Bulls to 7 games and actually had a lead in the fourth quarter.

Forgot what year it was, but one of the Reggie Miller Pacer teams took the Bulls to 7 games and actually had a lead in the fourth quarter.

98, it was their last stand. Knicks took them to 7 in 92 as well

That was 1998 the Bulls last year. That Bulls team was dead tired. Pippen was injure and worried about FA.

Rodman was partying like crazy and Jordan was really all they had playing well. The Bulls won that game on offensive rebounding and FT shooting.

98, it was their last stand. Knicks took them to 7 in 92 as well
Patrick Ewing was good that series. The biggest weakness the Bulls had was guarding centers.

Ewing was tough on the Bulls in 1992. Ewing was bad in 1993 and 1996 against the Bulls. Shaq eliminated the Bulls in 1995 and in 1996 basically ythe entire Magic team got hurt in that series.

Bulls were lucky they never faced Hakeem or David Robinson in the Finals.

Patrick Ewing was good that series. The biggest weakness the Bulls had was guarding centers.

Ewing was tough on the Bulls in 1992. Ewing was bad in 1993 and 1996 against the Bulls. Shaq eliminated the Bulls in 1995 and in 1996 basically ythe entire Magic team got hurt in that series.

Bulls were lucky they never faced Hakeem or David Robinson in the Finals.

92 was a little before my t ime as a real fan (I was 8) so I wanted to look up the stats from that series. First thing, in 7 games, the teams combined to make 28 3's. The Knicks were 13-60 from 3. Ewing was 22-11 on 49% shooting.

83 possessions per game, must have just been brutal. Bulls won Game 7 by 29 points. Knicks actually won game 1 in Chicago, Ewing went for 34-16-5 with 6 blocks. Monster game.

93 was the killer, Game 5 was the Charles Smith game. Ewing was 26-11 on 53% shooting.

That was 1998 the Bulls last year. That Bulls team was dead tired. Pippen was injure and worried about FA.

Rodman was partying like crazy and Jordan was really all they had playing well. The Bulls won that game on offensive rebounding and FT shooting.

Rodman didn't even start. I forgot Bird was the coach, was still thinking it was Brown. Bird really had a great 3 years as coach, then Isiah took over the team and that was the start of him ruining everything.

The Pacers ran into 2 great teams during his tenure. First the Bulls then the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. They probably should of won in 99, but they blew the ECF to the 8th seeded Knicks that year.

Rodman didn't even start. I forgot Bird was the coach, was still thinking it was Brown. Bird really had a great 3 years as coach, then Isiah took over the team and that was the start of him ruining everything.

The Pacers ran into 2 great teams during his tenure. First the Bulls then the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. They probably should of won in 99, but they blew the ECF to the 8th seeded Knicks that year.
Kukoc started because Chicago needed his offense.

The phantom foul on Indiana in game 4 1999 on the Larry Johnson "4pt" play killed Indiana in 1999. Not sure the 1999 Pacers beat the Spurs though.

Bird maxed out what Indiana had. Dick Harder fixed the Indiana D and Bird gave the Pacers role players confidence.

Kukoc started because Chicago needed his offense.

The phantom foul on Indiana in game 4 1999 on the Larry Johnson "4pt" play killed Indiana in 1999. Not sure the 1999 Pacers beat the Spurs though.

Bird maxed out what Indiana had. Dick Harder fixed the Indiana D and Bird gave the Pacers role players confidence.

Come on that was definitely a foul!! (that was game 3 I believe, Knicks lost game 4 at home and won the last 2).

I'd take the 99 spurs over the Pacers. Pacers did have a lot of big guys (Davis "brothers", Smits, Perkins, even Austin Chrohere and Derrick Mckey had some size) but Duncan and Robinson man.

Come on that was definitely a foul!! (that was game 3 I believe, Knicks lost game 4 at home and won the last 2).

I'd take the 99 spurs over the Pacers. Pacers did have a lot of big guys (Davis "brothers", Smits, Perkins, even Austin Chrohere and Derrick Mckey had some size) but Duncan and Robinson man.
I know your being sarcastic but man that Davis foul call was awful. I do agree I think San Antonio beats Indiana but I think it goes atleast 6.

I'd be interested to see how hard it would be for Jordan and Pippen to get to the basket on Golden States current defense. I think with the current rules and Golden States ability to switch would give Chicago problems.
Nobody could ever stop Jordan from doing what he wanted. Not then, not now. And Pippen didn't get most of his points at the basket, either, unless he was on a break. Back then, players had a mid-range game and when the bulls weren't being mauled by Detroit or NY, they were unstoppable. If the WAY over the hill Spurs give them trouble now, what would they have done to them 5 or 6 years ago?

Nobody could ever stop Jordan from doing what he wanted. Not then, not now. And Pippen didn't get most of his points at the basket, either, unless he was on a break. Back then, players had a mid-range game and when the bulls weren't being mauled by Detroit or NY, they were unstoppable. If the WAY over the hill Spurs give them trouble now, what would they have done to them 5 or 6 years ago?

The Spurs aren't over the hill right now. They just finished probably their best regular season ever

Well the Warriors beat the Spurs 3 out of 4. I didn't know the Bulls once went undefeated.

Lebron averaged 36, 13, and 9 last year and the Cavs still lost.

If people stopped watching the NBA after the 90's just stop...

Didn't say they weren't good. Just said they are over the hill. They were better at every position 5 years ago except Leonard.

Didn't say they weren't good. Just said they are over the hill. They were better at every position 5 years ago except Leonard.

So how come they won more games and had a better scoring margin this year than ever before?

If the only players on the Spurs you know are Duncan, Manu, and Parker, then sure, they were better 5 years ago. Otherwise; not even close really.

5 years ago Richard Jefferson was second on the Spurs in minutes played.

The Spurs this season had the 7th best point differential in NBA history. Only 6 teams have won more games in a season.

I think the remarkable season the Spurs had just seems to get ignored because of what the Warriors did. I'm also curious as Pop usually sits his entire starting lineup a few times a season and how many losses that brought up.

If the Spurs are over the hill and washed up, I wouldn't mind a over the hill team.

Hypothetically, if the Warriors were to win a title without Curry, the debate is over in my book. They are unequivocally the greatest team ever. To beat an historically great Spurs team and then a superstar-laden Cavs team without the league MVP would be incredible.

Hypothetically, if the Warriors were to win a title without Curry, the debate is over in my book. They are unequivocally the greatest team ever. To beat an historically great Spurs team and then a superstar-laden Cavs team without the league MVP would be incredible.

They won't get past the Spurs sans Curry.

If Steph is out the Clippers will be favored IMO to beat the Warriors.

The Spurs would definitely beat them as the only reason the Warriors won in SA was Curry going off in the 3rd quarter. I would bet on the Spurs winning 1 of 4 games in Oakland without Curry playing.

Even without Steph Espn Insider still has Golden State favored over the Clips. The only teams that would be guaranteed favorites against them are OKC and San Antonio.

Hopefully this is just an MCL and he can get back soon.

Even without Steph Espn Insider still has Golden State favored over the Clips. The only teams that would be guaranteed favorites against them are OKC and San Antonio.

Hopefully this is just an MCL and he can get back soon.

I think Clippers-Warriors would be something resembling a toss-up with no Steph, mainly because of home co urt. Paul would just dominate the PG battle. Livingston is good, but obviously not in the same league as Paul.

If they got to t he Spurs, i think it might be Spurs in 5.

I think Clippers-Warriors would be something resembling a toss-up with no Steph, mainly because of home co urt. Paul would just dominate the PG battle. Livingston is good, but obviously not in the same league as Paul.

If they got to t he Spurs, i think it might be Spurs in 5.

It would be an interesting series. Def not a gimmee for the Clips, but if they can't beat them sans Steph it would be time to blow up that team IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom