OT- 2013 Iditarod | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT- 2013 Iditarod

Due to bad road conditions we aren't making the trip for the start of the race. Roads up here are like an ice skating rink. Bummed out, but when you live in Alaska these things happen. On a brighter note, I just bought a bottle of jack.

Section314, this means I can meet you at the bar tomorrow!

Section314, this means I can meet you at the bar tomorrow!

I'm recording the game, and watching it when I wake up...at noon :D

Don't try to call me, I'm turning my phone off before I go to bed.

Judging from the pics last week he is one when he gets up early too! :D

Lol he wasent the one who passed out early, he was the one who went home early with some lame excuse... I think it was something along the lines of "I have to babysit my kid" lol I swear, getting this guy out of bed early is like UCONN going to the tourney... Not happening

Lol he wasent the one who passed out early, he was the one who went home early with some lame excuse... I think it was something along the lines of "I have to babysit my kid" lol I swear, getting this guy out of bed early is like UCONN going to the tourney... Not happening
Ha!

Ok, my bad Section - you weren't a sally for the reason I said (though it sounds like Troop makes valid arguments elsewhere).

lol...yeah my usual lame excuses like "I have to go take care of my kid." Waking up at 7:30 am to make it to the bar for a 8 am tip (when you can't even drink until 11) is insane. That's what they make DVR for bub...look into it. Trust me...the game was just as disappointing when I watched it today at noon.

lol...yeah my usual lame excuses like "I have to go take care of my kid." Waking up at 7:30 am to make it to the bar for a 8 am tip (when you can't even drink until 11) is insane. That's what they make DVR for bub...look into it. Trust me...the game was just as disappointing when I watched it today at noon.
Not gonna lie, had a penn Yan guy land last night at 11.. Drank till 6. Missed the game

Not gonna lie, had a penn Yan guy land last night at 11.. Drank till 6. Missed the game

Nice!! Definitely have to meet up while your buddy is here. Drinking with Penn Yan townies is always a good time. Give me a shout this week.

Cool as hell. Nome is where they film bearing sea gold. Lots of gold to be had up there

3AKQi.AuSt.7.jpg

http://www.adn.com/2013/03/04/2812001/demoski-back-in-iditarod-for-first.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/photos/idi...-team-charges-down-trail-photo-080436476.html

http://schultzphoto.iditarodphotos....start-of-the-race-march-2-2013/130302-2d0498/

Rudy is currently in 43rd. He lost a dog, now running with 13. Still trying to figure out what happened, I know he went into a checkpoint with 14, came out with 13.

Lance Mackey is down to 15 dogs running 19th

Never paid attention before but I'm enjoying this. My company (in Rochester) is a sponsor of the race. We've got a big screen TV set up here with constant GPS updates and other info. Plus, we're having our own competition. Each group drew 6 musher's names out of a hat.

Is it true that they also have a running race over the same course? Seems incredible.

Never paid attention before but I'm enjoying this. My company (in Rochester) is a sponsor of the race. We've got a big screen TV set up here with constant GPS updates and other info. Plus, we're having our own competition. Each group drew 6 musher's names out of a hat.

Is it true that they also have a running race over the same course? Seems incredible.

I'm pretty sure they have a running race over the same course. I'm trying to get info on it now. Thats awesome that your company is a sponsor. What mushers did your group draw?

I'm pretty sure they have a running race over the same course. I'm trying to get info on it now. Thats awesome that your company is a sponsor. What mushers did your group draw?
Four, not six. Fiedler, Kaiser, Maixner, Petit.

We're the official phone system of the Iditarod. We're co-sponsors along with GCI, our Alaskan telecom dealer.

You need to "become an insider" to view those videos silly head.

Oh shoot, seriously? I didnt even think about that. I'll try to see if they are posted elsewhere.

Rudy just pulled out of mile 189 about an hour ago. Not a checkpoint but a popular resting point. He had a quote in one of those videos that he is getting ready to "Get hot" or something like that. About to kick those pups into high gear. I'll keep you guys posted

I have turned rudy into a huge Syracuse fan, and he has a Syracuse sticker on his sled. He has his lucky mushing gear, so I couldnt talk him into any Syracuse clothing. Some of his dogs have orange shoes tho!
He's my new favorite to win race!

Rudy is still trucking, riding about 8.3 mph at mile 266. Lance Mackey is in the lead at mile 342 but seems to be taking a little break. Rudy has taken more rest stops then planned, I'm sure it has something to do with his age. He is now down to 12 dogs.

Section314 - your Berington twins have been going back and forth with Rudy for two days. They are now about 20 miles ahead of him. One sister got hung up on a stump monday morning, but her sister was close behind to help her get off, and repair the sled.

484983_10151780941168452_1403660083_n.jpg

I only have about 10 of the mushers highligted on the GPS. I'll try to get a picture with them all later. I believe there are about 65 mushers still in the race.