OT: 70 foot buzzer beater | Syracusefan.com

OT: 70 foot buzzer beater

ONIONS

Quite a play there.

Question on this. There was an ASU defender standing by the basket and he just watched as the ball flew into the basket. What would have happened if he jumped up and knocked the ball away, so it didn’t go in?

Would Riverside get 2 points for goaltending and the game have gone into overtime?

Or is there a provision where if you goal tend on a shot from beyond the 3 point circle, you get 3 points?

I would think if the rule was done properly, it would be the latter. But I have never seen a 3 point goal tending call.

Edit: I checked and the rule does give 3 points for goaltending shots beyond the 3 point circle.

30FF83C2-6B91-44C4-9340-C99F5758886F.jpeg

Never a doubt!

Question on this. There was an ASU defender standing by the basket and he just watched as the ball flew into the basket. What would have happened if he jumped up and knocked the ball away, so it didn’t go in?
I feel like that would be just a profoundly foolish to do since the chances of that shot going in are so low.

Always love the crowd reaction shots on plays like this. The ASU cheerleaders and their stunned reactions…awesome. Lol

Except when it's Cleveland State doing it to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom