OT - A-Rod, Braun, others in trouble | Syracusefan.com

OT - A-Rod, Braun, others in trouble

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
MLB will be handing out suspensions soon, allegedly. Wonder how long for these guys? Is this the end of A-Rod in NY? Probably not since no other team will take him. Send him to Trenton.

Gotta figure it's for at least 50 games. Could be done for the season.

MLB and Bosch...Poop is gonna meet the fan as early as Friday and probably no more than 2 weeks...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...rodriguez-ryan-braun-part-miami-investigation

If ARod is definitely named, substanstantiated...he is done playing for anyone. I think the Yankees would rather pay him not to be on the field after this!! He needs to be gone...he has been a cancer in the clubhouse since he joined...another Yankee, Francisco Cervelli may be named as well...wonder who told him about BioGensis???

The player I am worried about is Cano...

The sad thing is that under the CBA, suspensions aren't supposed to be made public until the player has decided not to fight it.

But everyone hates A-rod, so who cares about the CBA being violated?

Edit: to be fair, I'm assuming MLB is leaking the news here and not the players

The sad thing is that under the CBA, suspensions aren't supposed to be made public until the player has decided not to fight it.

But everyone hates A-rod, so who cares about the CBA being violated?

We know how it works...MLB does not technically violate the CBA as they don't officially make an announcement until they can legally...however "leaks" from "sources" occur every time!!

We know how it works...MLB does not technically violate the CBA as they don't officially make an announcement until they can legally...however "leaks" from "sources" occur every time!!

It doesn't really happen every time though, does it? I feel like more often than not it just comes out that so and so was suspended for 50 games, appeal already denied, etc. Am I wrong? That definitely wasn't the case with Braun the first time, though.

It doesn't really happen every time though, does it? I feel like more often than not it just comes out that so and so was suspended for 50 games, appeal already denied, etc. Am I wrong? That definitely wasn't the case with Braun the first time, though.

Depends on who it is...you know the media picks and chooses how much attention a story will get...I guarrantee they know most, just choose not share it or bury it, unless it is front page worthy...

MLB and Bosch...Poop is gonna meet the fan as early as Friday and probably no more than 2 weeks...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...rodriguez-ryan-braun-part-miami-investigation

If ARod is definitely named, substanstantiated...he is done playing for anyone. I think the Yankees would rather pay him not to be on the field after this!! He needs to be gone...he has been a cancer in the clubhouse since he joined...another Yankee, Francisco Cervelli may be named as well...wonder who told him about BioGensis???

The player I am worried about is Cano...
I agree that the ARod era in NY needs to end. But no matter how this situation unfolds for ARod, he will play again, provided he is physically able to do so. It may even be for the Yankees. But some MLB team, somewhere, will be willing to put him on the field if they believe he can produce and/or be an attendance draw, especially if there are many other "big names" on that list of 20. There is no way baseball could effectively blackball a large number of players because the player's union is too strong and there is not enough solidarity among the current owners, IMO.

I agree that the ARod era in NY needs to end. But no matter how this situation unfolds for ARod, he will play again, provided he is physically able to do so. It may even be for the Yankees. But some MLB team, somewhere, will be willing to put him on the field if they believe he can produce and/or be an attendance draw, especially if there are many other "big names" on that list of 20. There is no way baseball could effectively blackball a large number of players because the player's union is too strong and there is not enough solidarity among the current owners, IMO.

Marlins...'nuff said.

Gotta figure it's for at least 50 games. Could be done for the season.
I have to think the Yankees have the best contract lawyers in the country reviewing word by word the escape provisions available to them to tell A-rod"Don't look for an old -timers invitation anytime soon."
Seeya.":confused:

I would be really surprised if they could void that contract

I would be really surprised if they could void that contract

Even if most of the MLBPA agreed it was the right thing to do and they should do it...they won't allow it to happen as it would set a dangerous precedent for them...

Will be interesting to see if teams try to throw a clause of this type into future contracts...another fight by MLBPA would ensue...

Definitely could see this brought up during the next CBA negotiations...

Will be interesting to see if teams try to throw a clause of this type into future contracts...another fight by MLBPA would ensue...

Sure; the problem is, as you mention, the player has to agree to it.

Definitely could see this brought up during the next CBA negotiations...

I could see this becoming a big issue. I know you mentioned there will always be leaks in stories like this, but if I'm the MLBPA, I'm really not happy that this stuff is being leaked and I could see the drug testing process really being something they dig their heels in for the next CBA

MLB is a freaking joke. This crap just proves why. Go back to the Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Clemens, etc. BS. These guys all lied their butts off - plain and simple. They disgraced the game and now these other idiots have done the same thing. I'm so glad I quit watching this several years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom