OT- all this talk about Jab | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT- all this talk about Jab

Go troll somewhere else. JB was wrong for what he said about Roberson and he was wrong last year in how he treated Chris McCullough last year. But to deny that JB has built the SU program to where it is today is wrong itself. You clearly have an expectation of SU hoops. Well where the h*** did you get that expectation from if not from JB's past success in building the program to a level where there are such expectations?

Disagree. Why was McCullough back a few games ago then? The most recent article with quotes from Roberson's former coach seems to think it's all good. No different from Izzo ripping his players at H last night (they were winning!). No excuse for how poorly Roberson has been playing lately. Man up, take the criticism from the coach, and ball. Much ado about nothing, frankly.

What he does in the community is highly commendable, but doesn't excuse the fact the power has gone to his head because he's squatted on the job too many years and believes he can speak about anyone however he chooses -- without repercussions. If Roberson was any of your own kids you'd see JB in a different light... Outstanding and loyal coaches don't seek out a scapegoat to completely insult and trash (Roberson) because his own coaching abilities are stale and behind the times. When you lose, point the thumb Blameheim... not the finger. JB's got talent on the team but, like most years, he doesn't know what to do with it.

Take your childish name-calling and hot take opinions back to the Syracuse.com comments section.

Absolutely zero substance to your post, as you backed up none of your opinions.

may have been wrong??? MAY??? Drink the JB Kool-aid much? I'd like to hear you or I speak about a kid like that to the media that and get away with it. You'd be tarred 'n feathered.

So what has JB done in 40 years that any Joe Blow off the street couldn't have accomplished? Here are some facts, not opinions...

He was a no-name coach coming in. He was handed the Carrier Dome right at the onset of his career, a powerhouse Big East conference in the 80's which was lucrative for TVs limited gaming options at the time, which naturally led to a bevy of top talent flocking his way to be on national tv and play in front 30k audience... teams that had Addison/Pearl/Coleman/Owens/Douglas/Seikaly/Thompson, etc. All those teams had between 7-9 losses??? No excuse for that. You think those kids came to play for JB or the Dome/TV? He never once won the regular season n Big East title in the same year... while Uconn n Gtown did it numerous times.

He's the only coach in America who has 1 game plan, and doesn't adjust his scheme (or lack thereof) regardless of the opponent. His offense can't score and has been a recurring theme for years now. Has he shown to develop the bigs on the team over the last few years... or does he just whine about em when he loses? Does he ever take responsibility for loses?

He's Mr. November with numerous early season titles, but when the real tournament starts.. in 40 years, he's reached the Elite 8 only 6 times!!! SIX. He's 6-12 in Sweet 16s. Phenomenal. He has numerous early exits to #15 Richmond, #13 Vermont, #12 A&M, #11 Dayton, #11, Marq, #11 Rhode Island, and a 1986 tourney home loss to Navy. A few upsets are reasonable, but he's had way too many.

Overall, he's a decent coach who was lucky enough to have Melo win the title for him, otherwise he'd be the most overrated coach in basketball today.

What was Boeheim's record, pre-Carrier Dome?

By the way, I stopped reading when you said he was "handed the Carrier Dome right away" or whatever and called that a "Fact".

People like this Spock character kill whatever honest debate we can have on this board about players, coaches, etc.

If you feel the urge to say something like "so and so is the worst ever" or use a nickname like "Blameheim", please, for the sake of everyone here that wants to be able to have honest debate, please leave.

Before Webber called the timeout, he traveled HORRIBLY. It may have been the most blatant non-travel call I've ever seen. The entire UNC bench had a heart attack.

People forget that UNC had the lead. Saying they won because of Webber really isn't true. That sealed it, but they were winning before that, and if I recall they led most of the game.

Disagree. Why was McCullough back a few games ago then? The most recent article with quotes from Roberson's former coach seems to think it's all good. No different from Izzo ripping his players at H last night (they were winning!). No excuse for how poorly Roberson has been playing lately. Man up, take the criticism from the coach, and ball. Much ado about nothing, frankly.
I live by the coaching adage that you praise in public and criticize in private. I get that JB has to sometimes give an opinion that his players are not playing well but I think that he overdoes it from time to time in public. Let's be honest, JB doesn't take criticism of himself very well.

I live by the coaching adage that you praise in public and criticize in private. I get that JB has to sometimes give an opinion that his players are not playing well but I think that he overdoes it from time to time in public. Let's be honest, JB doesn't take criticism of himself very well.

It's a slippery slope for sure. Hopefully Tyler responds well bottom line. No question re: the last sentence, lol. It gets uncomfortable even from a devout fan's standpoint watching him deal with criticism.

Overall, he's a decent coach who was lucky enough to have Melo win the title for him, otherwise he'd be the most overrated coach in basketball today.
Isn't that the idea? Get elite players who can take you deep into the tournament including the FF and maybe win a NC? I think GMac helped that season too, besides others. Gosh, if only JB and other coaches would stop doing this.

Isn't that the idea? Get elite players who can take you deep into the tournament including the FF and maybe win a NC? I think GMac helped that season too, besides others. Gosh, if only JB and other coaches would stop doing this.

Of all the stupid things people say to downplay a coach's accomplishments, this one might be the stupidest. "Well, he had a great player when his team won it!" Most championship teams do.

Eric15 said:
Before Webber called the timeout, he traveled HORRIBLY. It may have been the most blatant non-travel call I've ever seen. The entire UNC bench had a heart attack. YouTube Video

He absolutely traveled. Got away with it though and made a bonehead play

Of all the stupid things people say to downplay a coach's accomplishments, this one might be the stupidest. "Well, he had a great player when his team won it!" Most championship teams do.

Rick Barnes couldn't get to the Sweet 16 with KEVIN DURANT.

(And DJ Augustin and 2 other guys who played in the Association.
4 NBA players, one an all-timer - and pffft.)

Look at LSU with Ben Simmons.
He's an amazing player.
They most likely won't even make the tournament.

Having one great player guarantees you NOTHING.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom