OT: Another reason not to like Lebron | Syracusefan.com

OT: Another reason not to like Lebron

strumpfasaurus

2nd String
I respect Lebron as a player and think hes an unreal athlete but this information I just found out made me question his character much more so than the decision. Turns out he is just a horrible tipper. Once left a 10 dollar tip for an 800 dollar meal at his favorite steakhouse after keeping the restaurant open till 4 am. There is no excuse for this, whats throwing down 200 dollars for a guy like this, for people that work real hard and arent as fortunate?

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/08/lebron_james_is_no_4_on_nbc_sp.html

Say what you want about Marc Cuban, guy has class. Left a 20,000 dollar tip after winning the championship in Miami for a 90,000 dollar tab. He also paid the 1.2 million dollar parade in Dallas so that tax payers weren't. My dad always told me that how one tips is a good indication of ones character.

http://gcobb.com/2011/06/15/mark-cuban-tips-waiter-20k-in-post-game-celebration/

Tiger Woods is another notoriously bad tipper.

I don't get why business' bend over backward for celebrities, especially when, in this case, there is no discernible benefit.

Wow, $10??? I'll leave a $10 tip on a $50 meal, and I make in a year probably what Lebron makes in the first quarter of a game.

The most overrated basketball player in the game today..and a horrible tipper. Dont know why anyone thinks this guy is great. He doesn't make ANYONE around him better. His assists all come because he is triple teamed and has to pass the ball to someone. Not based on any skill.

a much as he travels durring the games i wonder if he has to keep his passport with him?

nba just plain sucks moose balls

I hear ARod is a bad tipper. While playing in vegas wouldn't tip for drinks, wouldn't tip the dealer at the table, and asked for the favor to not be bothered.

The most overrated basketball player in the game today..and a horrible tipper. Dont know why anyone thinks this guy is great. He doesn't make ANYONE around him better. His assists all come because he is triple teamed and has to pass the ball to someone. Not based on any skill.
Most overrated player in the game today?

If you are going to make an argument at least make a logical one.

Ive always believed that if you are a good tipper, you get your drinks faster, they remember your name, always get a smile.. But then again, If you are LJ, i guess you get that no matter what

Read this:
http://deadspin.com/5867328/lebron-...tographing-him-for-nike-speak-directly-to-him

Walter Iooss practically IS Sports Illustrated photography. Not as though this kind of behavior would be understandable with a peon...

Here's the problem with Lebron: no daddy to instill character. Incredible, early talent in an environment without 'stars.' During his formative years, he never had to develop an intellect. Then came the sycophants, fans, and then came the money and power. They say absolute power corrupts absolutely. Well, absolute power and a jillion dollars in a two-cent head equals this kind of behavior. As a kid, he probably heard about some celeb not permitting 'regular folks' to address him/her, and he thought it was cool. As a kid, he probably saw a motorcade and thought it was cool. Now, as an adult, he doesn't have the sense or intelligence or judgment to realize what adolescent, immature fantasies are versus real-world behavior of decent people.

Most overrated player in the game today?

If you are going to make an argument at least make a logical one.

I guess you missed his performance in the NBA Finals. One of the most embarassing displays in NBA history.

I guess you missed his performance in the NBA Finals. One of the most embarassing displays in NBA history.

Just for the sake of argument... You're a GM. Consider it a fantasy league. You have Pick #1 in the draft. How many other (current) NBA players would you choose before you got to Lebron?

I want to bring this thread back after the heat win the finals either this year or next.

I want to bring this thread back after the heat win the finals either this year or next.

Bees will "park" a thread for $5 per month.

Just for the sake of argument... You're a GM. Consider it a fantasy league. You have Pick #1 in the draft. How many other (current) NBA players would you choose before you got to Lebron?
I can only think of 3 that anyone can even make logical arguments for, and I'm not in any way a LeBron supporter. You can make very good cases for Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, and Derrick Rose. Beyond that, I'm not so sure. Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, and Blake Griffin would all be in the mix as well.

The thing about Lebron that makes him overrated, like an Allen Iverson, is the fact that he shoots a horrible percentage from the field. He is basically a gunner, very low efficiency rating. Where someone like Melo is more judicious with his shot selection and would rather get his teammates going than himself in ballgames. Thats why the Nuggets were so successful when Melo was there and the Cavs were just a one man band who never did much, other than that lucky Finals run. Melo puts the team ahead of himself. Lebron thinks he IS the team.

None. He's the best player in the NBA.

I respect Lebron as a player and think hes an unreal athlete but this information I just found out made me question his character much more so than the decision. Turns out he is just a horrible tipper. Once left a 10 dollar tip for an 800 dollar meal at his favorite steakhouse after keeping the restaurant open till 4 am. There is no excuse for this, whats throwing down 200 dollars for a guy like this, for people that work real hard and arent as fortunate?

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/08/lebron_james_is_no_4_on_nbc_sp.html

Say what you want about Marc Cuban, guy has class. Left a 20,000 dollar tip after winning the championship in Miami for a 90,000 dollar tab. He also paid the 1.2 million dollar parade in Dallas so that tax payers weren't. My dad always told me that how one tips is a good indication of ones character.

http://gcobb.com/2011/06/15/mark-cuban-tips-waiter-20k-in-post-game-celebration/

What is this, 2009? This must be the 19th time this thread's been started on here (or other incarnations of 'Cuse fan boards) by a LeBron hater. I hear he gave a kid a wedgie in the second grade. What a horrible person. Ban him from the NBA.

And whatta lame, over-rated player: granted, we're only 3 games into the season, but this selfish waste is only averaging 32.7 points on 59 pct. shooting, 86.5 free throw shooting, 7.3 rebounds, 6 assists, 2.3 steals, and 1.7 blocks.

Of course, he's a bad tipper (according to one unsubstantiated report ... as a veteran newspaper person, even I don't believe everything I read, in fact, I probably don't believe half, particularly "rumors") and made the mistake of listening to his advisers and ESPN and nike and announcing on national TV that he was "taking his talents to South Beach." That was not a smart p.r. move and I'm sure he would like to take that comment back, but this lame tipper, underachiever got $3 million for that "Decision" TV special that's been used to renovate about a dozen Boys and Girls Clubs across the country. What an awful person.

Tale of the Tape:

Lebron: lousy tipper, predicted more titles during pep rally that he can realistically deliver, made fun of Dirk when he had the sniffles

Kobe: good chance of being a rapist

The thing about Lebron that makes him overrated, like an Allen Iverson, is the fact that he shoots a horrible percentage from the field. He is basically a gunner, very low efficiency rating. Where someone like Melo is more judicious with his shot selection and would rather get his teammates going than himself in ballgames. Thats why the Nuggets were so successful when Melo was there and the Cavs were just a one man band who never did much, other than that lucky Finals run. Melo puts the team ahead of himself. Lebron thinks he IS the team.
ok, bro, now i know you're trolling...lebron averages just shy of 50 pct. shooting for his career (48 pct), averaged 50 0r better last 2 years and is as good a big-man passer and assister since magic. and melo puts the team ahead of himself? can you hear me laughing? who do you think knicks fans (not melo fans on here) would rather have? melo or lebron?

Seriously? Come on...

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom