OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

I just tried the Architect for the first time and can't decide what I think. Taste almost scoth-like at the end. Need some more sips to make final call.
I wasn't that impressed, but apparently which batch you get makes a huge difference. I have a 6 for which they didn't use the normal 4 grain blend. I bought a bottle of the base whiskey for comparison and quite enjoyed it. Will get a bottle of batch 7 if I see it out, but I'm not going out of my way

I just tried the Architect for the first time and can't decide what I think. Taste almost scoth-like at the end. Need some more sips to make final call.
I find that the first pour does not always represent the juice. I am often amazed how much a bottle can change revisiting it a few days or weeks down the line. I am not a fan of scotch, and I like this.

I wasn't that impressed, but apparently which batch you get makes a huge difference. I have a 6 for which they didn't use the normal 4 grain blend. I bought a bottle of the base whiskey for comparison and quite enjoyed it. Will get a bottle of batch 7 if I see it out, but I'm not going out of my way
The toasted is also very good

I just picked up one of these from Tree House

Attachments

• IMG_1120.jpeg
    IMG_1120.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Just stumbled across this thread (I think. If I was here before I don't remember. Probs drunk on whiskey haha). Anyway, I thought I'd share that the best I've had is Glenlivet Nadurra. It looks like there are different versions of it now, if there weren't back when I had it. I had a $70 bottle gifted to me about 8 years ago. Tried to save it but ended up finishing it in 2 sittings. Went down so smooth.

I usually live in the Jack Daniels - Johnnie Walker Red range. Just usually can't justify buying the better/pricier stuff. I started back in college with some Jack Honey. 'Graduated' to Dewars and regular Jack. Have tried a bunch of stuff in that price range over the years. Rarely a bad experience. I've found that I don't love the Irish whiskeys I've tried, notably more so than others, for whatever reason.

edit: 2nd place for me is Ardbeg. Really enjoyed that one.

I was gifted a bottle of Blue Note for Christmas. I was not previously familiar with Blue Note, but it’s damn good!

FYI for anyone in Cuse. Get a good meal and be entered in a raffle for a bottle of Blanton's.

Any Alabama specific recommendations? I’m in Birmingham for the week with some other degenerates who won’t shy away from sharing a bottle.

Tried JT Meleck’s 100% rice whiskey for the first time last night. I didn’t really know what to expect from a rice whiskey but it tastes like a nice, mellow, sipping bourbon. The one I tried was the 90 proof but I’ve heard their 120 proof is absolutely fantastic.

Any Alabama specific recommendations? I’m in Birmingham for the week with some other degenerates who won’t shy away from sharing a bottle.
John Emerald Single Malt Alabama whiskey. Give it a try.

Drank Yellow Spot, Glenmorangie 14, and Bushmills 16 this weekend. Bush 16 was the star of that group for everyone I was drinking with. Also scooped up a bottle of Basil Hayden 10yr, and my brother got a bottle of Blanton's Gold. I'll crack mine at some point, he might not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom