OT: Anyone here a pilot? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Anyone here a pilot?

S

Scoopadelphia

Just asking because I can imagine nothing more epic than flying a personal plane around to Cuse away games and/or NCAA tourney games.

Is such a thing even possible?? I suppose you could fly around from city to city if you had a private jet. But, small one engine turbo props? Are you allowed to fly those things into large airports?

There are small airports that you can fly into. For example, if you wanted to go to the Cuse at Providence game, you could fly into a small airport in Providence. Every city has them.

Pretty Sure Tristy has a G5. :cool:

Just asking because I can imagine nothing more epic than flying a personal plane around to Cuse away games and/or NCAA tourney games.
Years ago my Dad was invited to fly to NY for a SU (post season) NIT championship game. Guy flew them in and then flew home that night.

It's a nice gig, have a buddy here in town who is a pilot, I have asked him about flying to certain events before, but it is brutally expensive even with a discount. I do consider it from time to time, I have flown with him once when he needed to go to California and then back in a few days. I went out visited my brother and his family for a few days, flew back. Guy he was flying is a great dude and had no issues, actually likes me for some reason. No airports, no hassle, etc. Flew right into Marin County, small private airport. He actually flies for a lot of professional sports execs, team owners and commissioners one in particular all the time. Not a bad gig but if you have small kids and the NBA opens up on Christmas day, you won't be around for a couple of weeks. It can be difficult at times

I flew an Air Force Jet in for the Final Four in 2003, does that count? Pretty cool that I had a training mission into Biloxi, MS that same weekend...LOL Almost like someone was a Cuse fan who planned the trip. ;)

Unfortunately we had to return on Sunday so I missed the championship and watched it at home.

BTW, I scored a ticket to the game in the lobby at the Marriott within 3 mins of getting there...ran into an old AOL board poster "Shoym" who sold me an extra. As long as UK isn't in NOLA tickets should be pretty easy to get. If you just want in...and you are a single...it is pretty easy to score a ticket at or near face for the Sat games. The Monday game is the easiest tix to score.

My first thought when I read the OP...

simple.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom